T-Mobile LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Seeding Live: 17% Faster Processing, More Efficient Battery, Enhanced KnockOn Feature and Cloud Printing
By Ryan Inoyori | March 5, 2014 1:02 PM EST
T-Mobile LG G2 is now receiving the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat after the network carrier approved its firmware. Users can now update their LG smartphone using FOTA or firmware Over-the-Air or manually to get 17 per cent processing speed and more responsive system.
T-Mobile LG G2 Update
T-Mobile approved the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for LG G2 and now rolling out to users in the United States. Last week, Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for LG G2 leaked out according to DroidLife and can be installed by manually flashing the software.
But owners who prefer automatic update for their device can use the live wireless upgrade via FOTA. Simply go to Settings > General > About phone > Update centre > System updates > Check now to get the latest Android firmware from T-Mobile.
Android 4.4.2 Update Change Log
T-Mobile didn't release the official details regarding Android 4.4.2 KitKat changelog but it is expected to bring KnockOn improvements, 17 per cent faster on running apps and enhanced battery performance.
If you base the improvements from AT&T firmware update on the same Android smartphone, here are the details DroidLife grabbed from AT&T change logs:
1. Improved user interface with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
2. Restyled status and navigation bars
3. New full-screen or immersive mode
4. Improved closed captioning support
5. Better security implementation
6. Improved battery efficiency
7. Music playback consumes less battery
8. Support for battery-saving location mode
9. Faster processing speed by 17 per cent
10. Cloud Printing using Google Cloud Printer via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
11. Enhancements on the KnockOn feature
Manual Updating LG G2
Although manual update will make no sense anymore due to the live seeding of Android 4.4.2 KitKat for LG G2, users willing to embrace their developmental skills for Android may flash the firmware manually on the smartphone.
LG G2 users need to download and flash the said firmware manually using the LG PC Utility. Once you have installed the LG PC Utility to your computer, you may begin downloading the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware with size of 1.5 GB then update the device after the download is finished.
You may also retrieve the file from DroidLife direct download link: D8012A_00.kdz
After you flash the firmware manually, your LG G2 will be more responsive than before, get full white icons on the notifications bar, faster performance on several apps, more efficient battery life and more responsive KnockOn feature.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners