T-Mobile LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Seeding Live: 17% Faster Processing, More Efficient Battery, Enhanced KnockOn Feature and Cloud Printing
By Ryan Inoyori | March 5, 2014 1:02 PM EST
T-Mobile LG G2 is now receiving the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat after the network carrier approved its firmware. Users can now update their LG smartphone using FOTA or firmware Over-the-Air or manually to get 17 per cent processing speed and more responsive system.
T-Mobile LG G2 Update
T-Mobile approved the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for LG G2 and now rolling out to users in the United States. Last week, Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for LG G2 leaked out according to DroidLife and can be installed by manually flashing the software.
But owners who prefer automatic update for their device can use the live wireless upgrade via FOTA. Simply go to Settings > General > About phone > Update centre > System updates > Check now to get the latest Android firmware from T-Mobile.
Android 4.4.2 Update Change Log
T-Mobile didn't release the official details regarding Android 4.4.2 KitKat changelog but it is expected to bring KnockOn improvements, 17 per cent faster on running apps and enhanced battery performance.
If you base the improvements from AT&T firmware update on the same Android smartphone, here are the details DroidLife grabbed from AT&T change logs:
1. Improved user interface with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
2. Restyled status and navigation bars
3. New full-screen or immersive mode
4. Improved closed captioning support
5. Better security implementation
6. Improved battery efficiency
7. Music playback consumes less battery
8. Support for battery-saving location mode
9. Faster processing speed by 17 per cent
10. Cloud Printing using Google Cloud Printer via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
11. Enhancements on the KnockOn feature
Manual Updating LG G2
Although manual update will make no sense anymore due to the live seeding of Android 4.4.2 KitKat for LG G2, users willing to embrace their developmental skills for Android may flash the firmware manually on the smartphone.
LG G2 users need to download and flash the said firmware manually using the LG PC Utility. Once you have installed the LG PC Utility to your computer, you may begin downloading the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware with size of 1.5 GB then update the device after the download is finished.
You may also retrieve the file from DroidLife direct download link: D8012A_00.kdz
After you flash the firmware manually, your LG G2 will be more responsive than before, get full white icons on the notifications bar, faster performance on several apps, more efficient battery life and more responsive KnockOn feature.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists DLC: Rockstar Confirms Release In ‘Early 2015,’ Game Producer Imran Sarwar Explains Delay
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- ‘Destiny’ Iron Banner And Fist of Crota Back As Replayable; Patches Targeted For Xbox One