T-Mobile LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Seeding Live: 17% Faster Processing, More Efficient Battery, Enhanced KnockOn Feature and Cloud Printing
By Ryan Inoyori | March 5, 2014 1:02 PM EST
T-Mobile LG G2 is now receiving the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat after the network carrier approved its firmware. Users can now update their LG smartphone using FOTA or firmware Over-the-Air or manually to get 17 per cent processing speed and more responsive system.
T-Mobile LG G2 Update
T-Mobile approved the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for LG G2 and now rolling out to users in the United States. Last week, Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for LG G2 leaked out according to DroidLife and can be installed by manually flashing the software.
But owners who prefer automatic update for their device can use the live wireless upgrade via FOTA. Simply go to Settings > General > About phone > Update centre > System updates > Check now to get the latest Android firmware from T-Mobile.
Android 4.4.2 Update Change Log
T-Mobile didn't release the official details regarding Android 4.4.2 KitKat changelog but it is expected to bring KnockOn improvements, 17 per cent faster on running apps and enhanced battery performance.
If you base the improvements from AT&T firmware update on the same Android smartphone, here are the details DroidLife grabbed from AT&T change logs:
1. Improved user interface with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
2. Restyled status and navigation bars
3. New full-screen or immersive mode
4. Improved closed captioning support
5. Better security implementation
6. Improved battery efficiency
7. Music playback consumes less battery
8. Support for battery-saving location mode
9. Faster processing speed by 17 per cent
10. Cloud Printing using Google Cloud Printer via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
11. Enhancements on the KnockOn feature
Manual Updating LG G2
Although manual update will make no sense anymore due to the live seeding of Android 4.4.2 KitKat for LG G2, users willing to embrace their developmental skills for Android may flash the firmware manually on the smartphone.
LG G2 users need to download and flash the said firmware manually using the LG PC Utility. Once you have installed the LG PC Utility to your computer, you may begin downloading the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware with size of 1.5 GB then update the device after the download is finished.
You may also retrieve the file from DroidLife direct download link: D8012A_00.kdz
After you flash the firmware manually, your LG G2 will be more responsive than before, get full white icons on the notifications bar, faster performance on several apps, more efficient battery life and more responsive KnockOn feature.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time