NBA Prediction and Betting Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Danny Granger is set to debut for the surging Los Angeles Clippers when his new team travels to the desert to take on the surprising Phoenix Suns.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Will he make his mark in his first game? And more importantly to sports bettors, will he help the Clips cover the 4-point underdog spread versus Goran Dragic-powered high-scoring squad?
The Clippers are on a roll winning four-straight and also went 4-0 against the spread in that stretch. The last one was an easy win, and easy cover, over the New Orleans Pelicans, 108-76.
Blake Griffin had 20 points to top score for the Clippers, which played without Jamal Crawford. The off-the-bench energizer is listed as day-to-day vs. Phoenix on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Suns have continued to impress bouncing back from a three-game losing streak with back-to-back wins over the Pelicans, 116-104 and Atlanta Hawks, 129-120.
The 129-point output is the highest for the Suns this season. Gerald Green led the Suns with 33 points missing just 5 shots on 14 attempts and Goran Dragic added 19 points and 8 assists.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Clippers (+4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 218.5)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Suns are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS win
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Clippers
Prediction: Phoenix Suns 108, Los Angeles Clippers 100
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu