NBA Prediction and Betting Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Danny Granger is set to debut for the surging Los Angeles Clippers when his new team travels to the desert to take on the surprising Phoenix Suns.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Will he make his mark in his first game? And more importantly to sports bettors, will he help the Clips cover the 4-point underdog spread versus Goran Dragic-powered high-scoring squad?
The Clippers are on a roll winning four-straight and also went 4-0 against the spread in that stretch. The last one was an easy win, and easy cover, over the New Orleans Pelicans, 108-76.
Blake Griffin had 20 points to top score for the Clippers, which played without Jamal Crawford. The off-the-bench energizer is listed as day-to-day vs. Phoenix on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Suns have continued to impress bouncing back from a three-game losing streak with back-to-back wins over the Pelicans, 116-104 and Atlanta Hawks, 129-120.
The 129-point output is the highest for the Suns this season. Gerald Green led the Suns with 33 points missing just 5 shots on 14 attempts and Goran Dragic added 19 points and 8 assists.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Clippers (+4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 218.5)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Suns are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS win
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Clippers
Prediction: Phoenix Suns 108, Los Angeles Clippers 100
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan