NBA Prediction and Betting Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Danny Granger is set to debut for the surging Los Angeles Clippers when his new team travels to the desert to take on the surprising Phoenix Suns.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Will he make his mark in his first game? And more importantly to sports bettors, will he help the Clips cover the 4-point underdog spread versus Goran Dragic-powered high-scoring squad?
The Clippers are on a roll winning four-straight and also went 4-0 against the spread in that stretch. The last one was an easy win, and easy cover, over the New Orleans Pelicans, 108-76.
Blake Griffin had 20 points to top score for the Clippers, which played without Jamal Crawford. The off-the-bench energizer is listed as day-to-day vs. Phoenix on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Suns have continued to impress bouncing back from a three-game losing streak with back-to-back wins over the Pelicans, 116-104 and Atlanta Hawks, 129-120.
The 129-point output is the highest for the Suns this season. Gerald Green led the Suns with 33 points missing just 5 shots on 14 attempts and Goran Dragic added 19 points and 8 assists.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Clippers (+4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 218.5)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Suns are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS win
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Clippers
Prediction: Phoenix Suns 108, Los Angeles Clippers 100
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown