NBA Prediction and Betting Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Danny Granger is set to debut for the surging Los Angeles Clippers when his new team travels to the desert to take on the surprising Phoenix Suns.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Will he make his mark in his first game? And more importantly to sports bettors, will he help the Clips cover the 4-point underdog spread versus Goran Dragic-powered high-scoring squad?
The Clippers are on a roll winning four-straight and also went 4-0 against the spread in that stretch. The last one was an easy win, and easy cover, over the New Orleans Pelicans, 108-76.
Blake Griffin had 20 points to top score for the Clippers, which played without Jamal Crawford. The off-the-bench energizer is listed as day-to-day vs. Phoenix on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Suns have continued to impress bouncing back from a three-game losing streak with back-to-back wins over the Pelicans, 116-104 and Atlanta Hawks, 129-120.
The 129-point output is the highest for the Suns this season. Gerald Green led the Suns with 33 points missing just 5 shots on 14 attempts and Goran Dragic added 19 points and 8 assists.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Clippers (+4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 218.5)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Suns are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS win
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Clippers
Prediction: Phoenix Suns 108, Los Angeles Clippers 100
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate