NBA Prediction and Betting Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Danny Granger is set to debut for the surging Los Angeles Clippers when his new team travels to the desert to take on the surprising Phoenix Suns.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
Will he make his mark in his first game? And more importantly to sports bettors, will he help the Clips cover the 4-point underdog spread versus Goran Dragic-powered high-scoring squad?
The Clippers are on a roll winning four-straight and also went 4-0 against the spread in that stretch. The last one was an easy win, and easy cover, over the New Orleans Pelicans, 108-76.
Blake Griffin had 20 points to top score for the Clippers, which played without Jamal Crawford. The off-the-bench energizer is listed as day-to-day vs. Phoenix on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Suns have continued to impress bouncing back from a three-game losing streak with back-to-back wins over the Pelicans, 116-104 and Atlanta Hawks, 129-120.
The 129-point output is the highest for the Suns this season. Gerald Green led the Suns with 33 points missing just 5 shots on 14 attempts and Goran Dragic added 19 points and 8 assists.
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Clippers (+4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 218.5)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Clippers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Suns are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS win
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Clippers
Prediction: Phoenix Suns 108, Los Angeles Clippers 100
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date