‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Updates: Sequel Status, Book Joins the Ranks of ‘Harry Potter’
By Riza Ornos | March 5, 2014 12:16 PM EST
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" phenomenon continues as the bestselling erotic trilogy reached its 100 million mark and now join the ranks of "Harry Potter," "Sweet Valley High" and "James Bond." With the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie wrapping up, fans can only wait for its premiere before they can expect for a sequel.
"Fifty Shades" producer Dana Brunetti recently spoke with MTV News on the 86th Annual Academy Awards red carpet and was giving hints on what to expect on E.L. James upcoming book adaptation. Directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, the much-awaited erotic movie stars "The Fall" lead star Jamie Dornan as the enigmatic Christian Grey and newcomer Dakota Johnson as the innocent Anastasia Steele.
Brunetti assured fans that the movie is a faithful translation of the book. E.L. was there every day," he revealed during an interview on the red carpet. "She was very hands-on. To have the author there definitely makes it pretty faithful."
When asked if there is an upcoming sequel for the movie, Brunetti was tight-lipped on the details. Based on the E.L. James trilogy, the movie is only the first part as it focuses on Anastasia's encounter with Christian and their passionate relationship. Now that the movie is wrapping up, fans can't wait for more news about the remaining books, "Fifty Shades of Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed."
"I have no idea," says Brunetti when asked about the movie sequel. "Fifty Shades" sequel. "I have no idea yet. We haven't even started discussing that yet. We just want to get this one wrapped and get it cut. We'll see the cut, see how it goes, and once it's released, we'll start discussing what happens next."
Now that the book is widely known, E.L. James can only thank her fans for the book's success since it was released in spring of 2012. According to Vintage, the erotic book is currently translated into 51 different languages including Thai, Mongolian, Latvian, Icelandic and Hebrew.
"Guys ... thank you for this," tweeted James when her bestselling book reached its 100th million mark. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."
Now instead of premiering on Valentine's Day, "Fifty Shades of Grey" is scheduled for a Feb, 13, 2015 release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display