‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Updates: Sequel Status, Book Joins the Ranks of ‘Harry Potter’
By Riza Ornos | March 5, 2014 12:16 PM EST
The "Fifty Shades of Grey" phenomenon continues as the bestselling erotic trilogy reached its 100 million mark and now join the ranks of "Harry Potter," "Sweet Valley High" and "James Bond." With the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie wrapping up, fans can only wait for its premiere before they can expect for a sequel.
"Fifty Shades" producer Dana Brunetti recently spoke with MTV News on the 86th Annual Academy Awards red carpet and was giving hints on what to expect on E.L. James upcoming book adaptation. Directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, the much-awaited erotic movie stars "The Fall" lead star Jamie Dornan as the enigmatic Christian Grey and newcomer Dakota Johnson as the innocent Anastasia Steele.
Brunetti assured fans that the movie is a faithful translation of the book. E.L. was there every day," he revealed during an interview on the red carpet. "She was very hands-on. To have the author there definitely makes it pretty faithful."
When asked if there is an upcoming sequel for the movie, Brunetti was tight-lipped on the details. Based on the E.L. James trilogy, the movie is only the first part as it focuses on Anastasia's encounter with Christian and their passionate relationship. Now that the movie is wrapping up, fans can't wait for more news about the remaining books, "Fifty Shades of Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed."
"I have no idea," says Brunetti when asked about the movie sequel. "Fifty Shades" sequel. "I have no idea yet. We haven't even started discussing that yet. We just want to get this one wrapped and get it cut. We'll see the cut, see how it goes, and once it's released, we'll start discussing what happens next."
Now that the book is widely known, E.L. James can only thank her fans for the book's success since it was released in spring of 2012. According to Vintage, the erotic book is currently translated into 51 different languages including Thai, Mongolian, Latvian, Icelandic and Hebrew.
"Guys ... thank you for this," tweeted James when her bestselling book reached its 100th million mark. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."
Now instead of premiering on Valentine's Day, "Fifty Shades of Grey" is scheduled for a Feb, 13, 2015 release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS