The Beckhams Buy Gianni Versace’s Miami Manor for a Massive £36 Million
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 5, 2014 11:37 AM EST
Elite couple Victoria and David Beckham have reportedly bought the late designer Gianni Versace's Miami manor for a massive £36 million. It is believed to be the most expensive that David and Victoria have paid for a property because their London mansion located in Herfordshire estate, also known as the Beckingham Palace, is only worth £12 million.
David Beckham smiles as he discusses matters related to the ownership position he has with a proposed Major League Soccer (MLS) expansion team, at a news conference in Miami, Florida February, 5, 2014. Former England soccer captain Beckham announced on Wednesday that he is exercising his option to become the owner of a Major League Soccer team in Miami. REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity
According to the Daily Record, the Casa Casuarina costs £6 million in 1992 when the fashion designer bought the place. Versace had reportedly spent £20 million more to expand and remodel the said real estate. The majestic estate was built in 1930, and its design is said to be inspired by the Alcazar de Colon, the palace where the family of Italian explorer and navigator Christopher Columbus lived. It has 10 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, and a car garage that can accommodate as many as 12 vehicles.
The Beckhams' decision to purchase a property in Miami is in line with the retired soccer superstar vision of starting his own Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise in the sunshine estate. "Miami is a vibrant city, a city with a lot of passion and I know this city is ready for football, soccer, this time around, I know this is going to be successful," David said via NBC Miami.
David further told the Web site that he will work hard for his club to make it successful. He said he wanted to build a team from scratch. "I wanted to create a team that can be very personal, everything that I've done throughout my career has been very personal to me," said David. The 38-year-old former athlete, who used to play for the Los Angeles Galaxy, has high hopes for his team and is even thinking of signing Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo in the future.
However, David's wife, former Spice Girl Victoria, revealed to Grazia Daily that their family aren't completely moving to Miami.
"Will me move to the US," she said.
"Never say never, but just because my husband has a club in Miami, doesn't mean we're going to live in Miami," she added.
The singer-turned-fashion designer said that they are still based in London because it is their home and it is where their kids go to school.
"So we are definitely not moving, but it's great to be able to travel because I get so inspired," Victoria said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery