The Day After LeBron James’ 61: Where to Watch Miami vs. Houston and Heat vs. Rockets Betting Lines
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 11:06 AM EST
LeBron James exploded for 61 points versus the Michael Jordan’s Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday night to break his personal best and the franchise record for the highest score ever for any Miami Heat player.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
What will “The King” do for an encore when his Heat visits the Houston Rockets, led by stars James Harden and Dwight Howard?
Some stats that can serve as a fair warning for Houston:
LeBron is averaging 37.1 points per game in his last seven games—broken nose, black and white masks included.
The four-time NBA Most Valuable Player has averaged 33.5 PPG in his last four games vs. the Rockets—the last one, James had 32 markers in a 114-108 win on February 6, 2013.
And of course, James set his career-high in the Heat’s previous game finishing with 61 points on 22-of-33 shooting from the field (including 8-of-10 three-pointers) and added 7 rebounds and 5 assists.
Houston likes their chances however. They’ve won 9 of their last 11 games including a 118-110 win over the Detroit Pistons last Saturday. Six players in finished in double-figure scoring for Houston. Terrence Jones top-scored with 22 points and added 10 rebounds while Harden had 20 points and 12 assists and Dwight Howard had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.
The Rockets are also 23-7 at home this season, one of the better home records in the entire NBA. Harden had 36 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists in his last match-up with LeBron and company.
Watch the Heat vs. Rockets via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 210.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 6-0-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Rockets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Southeast teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide