The Day After LeBron James’ 61: Where to Watch Miami vs. Houston and Heat vs. Rockets Betting Lines
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 11:06 AM EST
LeBron James exploded for 61 points versus the Michael Jordan’s Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday night to break his personal best and the franchise record for the highest score ever for any Miami Heat player.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
What will “The King” do for an encore when his Heat visits the Houston Rockets, led by stars James Harden and Dwight Howard?
Some stats that can serve as a fair warning for Houston:
LeBron is averaging 37.1 points per game in his last seven games—broken nose, black and white masks included.
The four-time NBA Most Valuable Player has averaged 33.5 PPG in his last four games vs. the Rockets—the last one, James had 32 markers in a 114-108 win on February 6, 2013.
And of course, James set his career-high in the Heat’s previous game finishing with 61 points on 22-of-33 shooting from the field (including 8-of-10 three-pointers) and added 7 rebounds and 5 assists.
Houston likes their chances however. They’ve won 9 of their last 11 games including a 118-110 win over the Detroit Pistons last Saturday. Six players in finished in double-figure scoring for Houston. Terrence Jones top-scored with 22 points and added 10 rebounds while Harden had 20 points and 12 assists and Dwight Howard had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.
The Rockets are also 23-7 at home this season, one of the better home records in the entire NBA. Harden had 36 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists in his last match-up with LeBron and company.
Watch the Heat vs. Rockets via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 210.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 6-0-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Rockets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Southeast teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes