The Day After LeBron James’ 61: Where to Watch Miami vs. Houston and Heat vs. Rockets Betting Lines
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 11:06 AM EST
LeBron James exploded for 61 points versus the Michael Jordan’s Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday night to break his personal best and the franchise record for the highest score ever for any Miami Heat player.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
What will “The King” do for an encore when his Heat visits the Houston Rockets, led by stars James Harden and Dwight Howard?
Some stats that can serve as a fair warning for Houston:
LeBron is averaging 37.1 points per game in his last seven games—broken nose, black and white masks included.
The four-time NBA Most Valuable Player has averaged 33.5 PPG in his last four games vs. the Rockets—the last one, James had 32 markers in a 114-108 win on February 6, 2013.
And of course, James set his career-high in the Heat’s previous game finishing with 61 points on 22-of-33 shooting from the field (including 8-of-10 three-pointers) and added 7 rebounds and 5 assists.
Houston likes their chances however. They’ve won 9 of their last 11 games including a 118-110 win over the Detroit Pistons last Saturday. Six players in finished in double-figure scoring for Houston. Terrence Jones top-scored with 22 points and added 10 rebounds while Harden had 20 points and 12 assists and Dwight Howard had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.
The Rockets are also 23-7 at home this season, one of the better home records in the entire NBA. Harden had 36 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists in his last match-up with LeBron and company.
Watch the Heat vs. Rockets via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 210.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 6-0-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Rockets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Southeast teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6