The Day After LeBron James’ 61: Where to Watch Miami vs. Houston and Heat vs. Rockets Betting Lines
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 11:06 AM EST
LeBron James exploded for 61 points versus the Michael Jordan’s Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday night to break his personal best and the franchise record for the highest score ever for any Miami Heat player.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
What will “The King” do for an encore when his Heat visits the Houston Rockets, led by stars James Harden and Dwight Howard?
Some stats that can serve as a fair warning for Houston:
LeBron is averaging 37.1 points per game in his last seven games—broken nose, black and white masks included.
The four-time NBA Most Valuable Player has averaged 33.5 PPG in his last four games vs. the Rockets—the last one, James had 32 markers in a 114-108 win on February 6, 2013.
And of course, James set his career-high in the Heat’s previous game finishing with 61 points on 22-of-33 shooting from the field (including 8-of-10 three-pointers) and added 7 rebounds and 5 assists.
Houston likes their chances however. They’ve won 9 of their last 11 games including a 118-110 win over the Detroit Pistons last Saturday. Six players in finished in double-figure scoring for Houston. Terrence Jones top-scored with 22 points and added 10 rebounds while Harden had 20 points and 12 assists and Dwight Howard had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.
The Rockets are also 23-7 at home this season, one of the better home records in the entire NBA. Harden had 36 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists in his last match-up with LeBron and company.
Watch the Heat vs. Rockets via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 210.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 6-0-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Rockets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Southeast teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar