The Day After LeBron James’ 61: Where to Watch Miami vs. Houston and Heat vs. Rockets Betting Lines
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 11:06 AM EST
LeBron James exploded for 61 points versus the Michael Jordan’s Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday night to break his personal best and the franchise record for the highest score ever for any Miami Heat player.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at Miami Heat
What will “The King” do for an encore when his Heat visits the Houston Rockets, led by stars James Harden and Dwight Howard?
Some stats that can serve as a fair warning for Houston:
LeBron is averaging 37.1 points per game in his last seven games—broken nose, black and white masks included.
The four-time NBA Most Valuable Player has averaged 33.5 PPG in his last four games vs. the Rockets—the last one, James had 32 markers in a 114-108 win on February 6, 2013.
And of course, James set his career-high in the Heat’s previous game finishing with 61 points on 22-of-33 shooting from the field (including 8-of-10 three-pointers) and added 7 rebounds and 5 assists.
Houston likes their chances however. They’ve won 9 of their last 11 games including a 118-110 win over the Detroit Pistons last Saturday. Six players in finished in double-figure scoring for Houston. Terrence Jones top-scored with 22 points and added 10 rebounds while Harden had 20 points and 12 assists and Dwight Howard had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.
The Rockets are also 23-7 at home this season, one of the better home records in the entire NBA. Harden had 36 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists in his last match-up with LeBron and company.
Watch the Heat vs. Rockets via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat vs. Houston Rockets (O/U: 210.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 6-0-2 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Heat are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Rockets are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Southeast teams
- The Rockets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales