Human Barbie Doll Valeria Lukyanova Veers Ukranians from National Issues
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 5, 2014 9:44 AM EST
Real-life Barbie doll Valeria Lukyanova was reported to distract Ukranians from more important national issues.
It is rare that news from Ukraine made it to the international headlines. However, the focus of Ukranian news is on model and singer Valeria Lukyanova, also known as the human "Barbie." This disappointed some Ukrainians as the country is currently facing more problems that are far more important than her diet.
Valeriya Lukyanova via Faceboo
Valeria Lukyanova proves no surgery as she shows bare face
Valeria, once again, made it to the headlines as she announced that she is practicing Breatharianism diet, which is surviving only with light and air. A breatharian is said to be someone who never eats or drinks as they claimed that they can exist on "cosmic micro-food." The Ukranian beauty was reported to have not eaten for weeks. "In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all; I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone," Valeria said.
Her breatharian diet resulted to Valeria's incredibly small waist, which measures 50 centimeters . However, her current measurements is still unknown as it seemed that she has gone thinner based on recent photos in her Facebook page.
The Christian Science Monitor reported a case of a typical Ukranian mother whose child was amazed with Valeria's beliefs. The report stated that the 10-year-old boy "was amazed at the story of this human trying to live on less than a houseplant."
However, an impending war is threatening Ukraine and there is no doubt that it needs more significant attention. According to the same report, Russian president Vladimir Putin sent troops in Ukraine after the people ousted their own president although there was no visible threat to Russia. Moreover, the Russian president used the gas pipeline that runs through the Ukraine to pressure the country with the threat to increase the rates of fuel that will be too high for consumers to afford.
In a recent report from BBC, Vladimir Putin condemned allegations that Russian troops have closed in Ukraine. However, the Russian president said that Moscow is ready to protect its citizens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date