Human Barbie Doll Valeria Lukyanova Veers Ukranians from National Issues
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 5, 2014 9:44 AM EST
Real-life Barbie doll Valeria Lukyanova was reported to distract Ukranians from more important national issues.
It is rare that news from Ukraine made it to the international headlines. However, the focus of Ukranian news is on model and singer Valeria Lukyanova, also known as the human "Barbie." This disappointed some Ukrainians as the country is currently facing more problems that are far more important than her diet.
Valeriya Lukyanova via Faceboo
Valeria Lukyanova proves no surgery as she shows bare face
Valeria, once again, made it to the headlines as she announced that she is practicing Breatharianism diet, which is surviving only with light and air. A breatharian is said to be someone who never eats or drinks as they claimed that they can exist on "cosmic micro-food." The Ukranian beauty was reported to have not eaten for weeks. "In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all; I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone," Valeria said.
Her breatharian diet resulted to Valeria's incredibly small waist, which measures 50 centimeters . However, her current measurements is still unknown as it seemed that she has gone thinner based on recent photos in her Facebook page.
The Christian Science Monitor reported a case of a typical Ukranian mother whose child was amazed with Valeria's beliefs. The report stated that the 10-year-old boy "was amazed at the story of this human trying to live on less than a houseplant."
However, an impending war is threatening Ukraine and there is no doubt that it needs more significant attention. According to the same report, Russian president Vladimir Putin sent troops in Ukraine after the people ousted their own president although there was no visible threat to Russia. Moreover, the Russian president used the gas pipeline that runs through the Ukraine to pressure the country with the threat to increase the rates of fuel that will be too high for consumers to afford.
In a recent report from BBC, Vladimir Putin condemned allegations that Russian troops have closed in Ukraine. However, the Russian president said that Moscow is ready to protect its citizens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS