Human Barbie Doll Valeria Lukyanova Veers Ukranians from National Issues
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 5, 2014 9:44 AM EST
Real-life Barbie doll Valeria Lukyanova was reported to distract Ukranians from more important national issues.
It is rare that news from Ukraine made it to the international headlines. However, the focus of Ukranian news is on model and singer Valeria Lukyanova, also known as the human "Barbie." This disappointed some Ukrainians as the country is currently facing more problems that are far more important than her diet.
Valeriya Lukyanova via Faceboo
Valeria Lukyanova proves no surgery as she shows bare face
Valeria, once again, made it to the headlines as she announced that she is practicing Breatharianism diet, which is surviving only with light and air. A breatharian is said to be someone who never eats or drinks as they claimed that they can exist on "cosmic micro-food." The Ukranian beauty was reported to have not eaten for weeks. "In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all; I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone," Valeria said.
Her breatharian diet resulted to Valeria's incredibly small waist, which measures 50 centimeters . However, her current measurements is still unknown as it seemed that she has gone thinner based on recent photos in her Facebook page.
The Christian Science Monitor reported a case of a typical Ukranian mother whose child was amazed with Valeria's beliefs. The report stated that the 10-year-old boy "was amazed at the story of this human trying to live on less than a houseplant."
However, an impending war is threatening Ukraine and there is no doubt that it needs more significant attention. According to the same report, Russian president Vladimir Putin sent troops in Ukraine after the people ousted their own president although there was no visible threat to Russia. Moreover, the Russian president used the gas pipeline that runs through the Ukraine to pressure the country with the threat to increase the rates of fuel that will be too high for consumers to afford.
In a recent report from BBC, Vladimir Putin condemned allegations that Russian troops have closed in Ukraine. However, the Russian president said that Moscow is ready to protect its citizens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4