Human Barbie Doll Valeria Lukyanova Veers Ukranians from National Issues
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 5, 2014 9:44 AM EST
Real-life Barbie doll Valeria Lukyanova was reported to distract Ukranians from more important national issues.
It is rare that news from Ukraine made it to the international headlines. However, the focus of Ukranian news is on model and singer Valeria Lukyanova, also known as the human "Barbie." This disappointed some Ukrainians as the country is currently facing more problems that are far more important than her diet.
Valeriya Lukyanova via Faceboo
Valeria Lukyanova proves no surgery as she shows bare face
Valeria, once again, made it to the headlines as she announced that she is practicing Breatharianism diet, which is surviving only with light and air. A breatharian is said to be someone who never eats or drinks as they claimed that they can exist on "cosmic micro-food." The Ukranian beauty was reported to have not eaten for weeks. "In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all; I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone," Valeria said.
Her breatharian diet resulted to Valeria's incredibly small waist, which measures 50 centimeters . However, her current measurements is still unknown as it seemed that she has gone thinner based on recent photos in her Facebook page.
The Christian Science Monitor reported a case of a typical Ukranian mother whose child was amazed with Valeria's beliefs. The report stated that the 10-year-old boy "was amazed at the story of this human trying to live on less than a houseplant."
However, an impending war is threatening Ukraine and there is no doubt that it needs more significant attention. According to the same report, Russian president Vladimir Putin sent troops in Ukraine after the people ousted their own president although there was no visible threat to Russia. Moreover, the Russian president used the gas pipeline that runs through the Ukraine to pressure the country with the threat to increase the rates of fuel that will be too high for consumers to afford.
In a recent report from BBC, Vladimir Putin condemned allegations that Russian troops have closed in Ukraine. However, the Russian president said that Moscow is ready to protect its citizens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop