‘Dancing with the Stars’ Season 18 Cast Revealed: Candace Cameron, Sean Avery and Andy Purdy to Compete
By Keerthi Mohan | March 5, 2014 1:36 AM EST
ABC announced the cast of the latest season of “Dancing with the Stars” on “Good Morning America” on Monday, and as previously reported, several former television actors made the cut.
Dancing with the Stars
Candace Cameron, who played DJ Tanner on “Full House”, and Danica McKellar, who rose to fame after playing Winnie Cooper in “The Wonder Years”, will attempt to shake a leg when the show airs on 17 March.
A first for DWTS is the introduction of double amputee snowboarding champ Amy Purdy, who lost both of her legs as a teenager. She will be the first Paralympian to compete on the show, ABC announced.
Check out the full list of contestants below:
Danica McKellar, Winnie Cooper from "The Wonder Years"
Candace Cameron-Bure, DJ Tanner from "Full House"
Billy Dee Williams, Lando Calrissian from "Star Wars"
Sean Avery, Former NHL player
James Maslow from Big Time Rush
Cody Simpson, Pop singer
Diana Nyad, Long-distance swimmer
Charlie White & Meryl Davis, Olympic gold medalists for ice dancing
Nene Leakes, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star
Drew Carey, "The Price Is Right" host and sitcom star
Amy Purdy, double amputee snowboarding champion.
Meanwhile, Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli will be the judges on the show, while host Tom Bergeron will be joined by Erin Andrews. Andrews, who is replacing Brooke Burke-Charvet, is no stranger to the show as she was a contestant in the 10th season, and had even made it to the finals.
Burke recently appeared on “Good Morning America” to talk about being fired from the show and said that it was indeed shocking to know that she will not be a part of season 18.
"The only shocking thing about it, really, is the way that it went down," she explained. "Finding out just several weeks before the premiere was a little bit tough, but I'm good."
Despite being fired from the show, Burke told “Good Morning America” hosts that she is eagerly waiting to see who all will feature in the upcoming season of the dancing reality show.
"It really isn't about us as the hosts, it's about the casts," Burke said. "We are only as good as our casts."
Season 18 will also see the return of professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Chmerkovskiy had left the show in 2012, after his contract expired, and at that time he said he wants to focus on himself.
"Essentially, 80 percent of our job is to give somebody another push in their career," he told the New York Post of his departure at the time. "I loved doing it. But to be honest with you, at 32, I am at what-about-me time."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon