‘Dancing with the Stars’ Season 18 Cast Revealed: Candace Cameron, Sean Avery and Andy Purdy to Compete
By Keerthi Mohan | March 5, 2014 1:36 AM EST
ABC announced the cast of the latest season of “Dancing with the Stars” on “Good Morning America” on Monday, and as previously reported, several former television actors made the cut.
Dancing with the Stars
Candace Cameron, who played DJ Tanner on “Full House”, and Danica McKellar, who rose to fame after playing Winnie Cooper in “The Wonder Years”, will attempt to shake a leg when the show airs on 17 March.
A first for DWTS is the introduction of double amputee snowboarding champ Amy Purdy, who lost both of her legs as a teenager. She will be the first Paralympian to compete on the show, ABC announced.
Check out the full list of contestants below:
Danica McKellar, Winnie Cooper from "The Wonder Years"
Candace Cameron-Bure, DJ Tanner from "Full House"
Billy Dee Williams, Lando Calrissian from "Star Wars"
Sean Avery, Former NHL player
James Maslow from Big Time Rush
Cody Simpson, Pop singer
Diana Nyad, Long-distance swimmer
Charlie White & Meryl Davis, Olympic gold medalists for ice dancing
Nene Leakes, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star
Drew Carey, "The Price Is Right" host and sitcom star
Amy Purdy, double amputee snowboarding champion.
Meanwhile, Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli will be the judges on the show, while host Tom Bergeron will be joined by Erin Andrews. Andrews, who is replacing Brooke Burke-Charvet, is no stranger to the show as she was a contestant in the 10th season, and had even made it to the finals.
Burke recently appeared on “Good Morning America” to talk about being fired from the show and said that it was indeed shocking to know that she will not be a part of season 18.
"The only shocking thing about it, really, is the way that it went down," she explained. "Finding out just several weeks before the premiere was a little bit tough, but I'm good."
Despite being fired from the show, Burke told “Good Morning America” hosts that she is eagerly waiting to see who all will feature in the upcoming season of the dancing reality show.
"It really isn't about us as the hosts, it's about the casts," Burke said. "We are only as good as our casts."
Season 18 will also see the return of professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Chmerkovskiy had left the show in 2012, after his contract expired, and at that time he said he wants to focus on himself.
"Essentially, 80 percent of our job is to give somebody another push in their career," he told the New York Post of his departure at the time. "I loved doing it. But to be honest with you, at 32, I am at what-about-me time."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance