Kobe Bryant Assures Los Angeles Lakers Fans: “Revenge is Sweet and It’s Quick”
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:51 AM EST
In a short and loaded interview transcribed by one of the popular fan sites, LakersNation of any National Basketball Association (NBA) team, Kobe Bryant fired a few but profound bullets on all the critics of his team and just came short in guaranteeing that the Hollywood franchise will be back to contending for the crown after this season.
Kobe Bryant is still nursing an injury for the Los Angeles Lakers
In a Q and A with Jeff G. also known as The Sports Dude of Power 106 a radio station based in Los Angeles, California, the 36-year-old showed motivation and commitment that his team will return to significance in 2014-2015 after hearing the “haters” go at the Lakers ever since the NBA season started.
“Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick,” declared the 35-year-old Bryant, who suffered various injuries this year and last.
“So what I’d like everybody to do is to really just sit back and just absorb this year. Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown at us and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down because next year it ain’t gonna be this way.”
The statement was a fair warning not only to the Lakers critics but to the rest of the NBA as well.
“You’ve got to appreciate that and enjoy that and use that as fuel as motivation to basically just shut everybody the hell up,” Bryant said. “It’s that challenge, that challenge that drives us all, I think, and definitely keeps me going.”
The Lakers currently sit at the bottom of the Western Conference at 21-39. With no help in sight— Kobe’s return is still indefinite--- the Lakers are expected to dive deeper to the bottom.
The good news for the Lakers is that they own their pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, which is pegged as one of the richest in recent memory.
The bad news? Kobe just signed a two-year extension worth over $48 million—a move considered by many to be selfish as it limits the Lakers’ capability to chase big name free agents.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown