Kobe Bryant Assures Los Angeles Lakers Fans: “Revenge is Sweet and It’s Quick”
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:51 AM EST
In a short and loaded interview transcribed by one of the popular fan sites, LakersNation of any National Basketball Association (NBA) team, Kobe Bryant fired a few but profound bullets on all the critics of his team and just came short in guaranteeing that the Hollywood franchise will be back to contending for the crown after this season.
Kobe Bryant is still nursing an injury for the Los Angeles Lakers
In a Q and A with Jeff G. also known as The Sports Dude of Power 106 a radio station based in Los Angeles, California, the 36-year-old showed motivation and commitment that his team will return to significance in 2014-2015 after hearing the “haters” go at the Lakers ever since the NBA season started.
“Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick,” declared the 35-year-old Bryant, who suffered various injuries this year and last.
“So what I’d like everybody to do is to really just sit back and just absorb this year. Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown at us and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down because next year it ain’t gonna be this way.”
The statement was a fair warning not only to the Lakers critics but to the rest of the NBA as well.
“You’ve got to appreciate that and enjoy that and use that as fuel as motivation to basically just shut everybody the hell up,” Bryant said. “It’s that challenge, that challenge that drives us all, I think, and definitely keeps me going.”
The Lakers currently sit at the bottom of the Western Conference at 21-39. With no help in sight— Kobe’s return is still indefinite--- the Lakers are expected to dive deeper to the bottom.
The good news for the Lakers is that they own their pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, which is pegged as one of the richest in recent memory.
The bad news? Kobe just signed a two-year extension worth over $48 million—a move considered by many to be selfish as it limits the Lakers’ capability to chase big name free agents.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced