Kobe Bryant Assures Los Angeles Lakers Fans: “Revenge is Sweet and It’s Quick”
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:51 AM EST
In a short and loaded interview transcribed by one of the popular fan sites, LakersNation of any National Basketball Association (NBA) team, Kobe Bryant fired a few but profound bullets on all the critics of his team and just came short in guaranteeing that the Hollywood franchise will be back to contending for the crown after this season.
Kobe Bryant is still nursing an injury for the Los Angeles Lakers
In a Q and A with Jeff G. also known as The Sports Dude of Power 106 a radio station based in Los Angeles, California, the 36-year-old showed motivation and commitment that his team will return to significance in 2014-2015 after hearing the “haters” go at the Lakers ever since the NBA season started.
“Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick,” declared the 35-year-old Bryant, who suffered various injuries this year and last.
“So what I’d like everybody to do is to really just sit back and just absorb this year. Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown at us and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down because next year it ain’t gonna be this way.”
The statement was a fair warning not only to the Lakers critics but to the rest of the NBA as well.
“You’ve got to appreciate that and enjoy that and use that as fuel as motivation to basically just shut everybody the hell up,” Bryant said. “It’s that challenge, that challenge that drives us all, I think, and definitely keeps me going.”
The Lakers currently sit at the bottom of the Western Conference at 21-39. With no help in sight— Kobe’s return is still indefinite--- the Lakers are expected to dive deeper to the bottom.
The good news for the Lakers is that they own their pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, which is pegged as one of the richest in recent memory.
The bad news? Kobe just signed a two-year extension worth over $48 million—a move considered by many to be selfish as it limits the Lakers’ capability to chase big name free agents.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid