Kobe Bryant Assures Los Angeles Lakers Fans: “Revenge is Sweet and It’s Quick”
By James Patrick Quizon | March 5, 2014 12:51 AM EST
In a short and loaded interview transcribed by one of the popular fan sites, LakersNation of any National Basketball Association (NBA) team, Kobe Bryant fired a few but profound bullets on all the critics of his team and just came short in guaranteeing that the Hollywood franchise will be back to contending for the crown after this season.
Kobe Bryant is still nursing an injury for the Los Angeles Lakers
In a Q and A with Jeff G. also known as The Sports Dude of Power 106 a radio station based in Los Angeles, California, the 36-year-old showed motivation and commitment that his team will return to significance in 2014-2015 after hearing the “haters” go at the Lakers ever since the NBA season started.
“Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick,” declared the 35-year-old Bryant, who suffered various injuries this year and last.
“So what I’d like everybody to do is to really just sit back and just absorb this year. Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown at us and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down because next year it ain’t gonna be this way.”
The statement was a fair warning not only to the Lakers critics but to the rest of the NBA as well.
“You’ve got to appreciate that and enjoy that and use that as fuel as motivation to basically just shut everybody the hell up,” Bryant said. “It’s that challenge, that challenge that drives us all, I think, and definitely keeps me going.”
The Lakers currently sit at the bottom of the Western Conference at 21-39. With no help in sight— Kobe’s return is still indefinite--- the Lakers are expected to dive deeper to the bottom.
The good news for the Lakers is that they own their pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, which is pegged as one of the richest in recent memory.
The bad news? Kobe just signed a two-year extension worth over $48 million—a move considered by many to be selfish as it limits the Lakers’ capability to chase big name free agents.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga