'The Voice USA' 2014 Spoilers: Usher Goes Country; Blake Pulls His Leg
By Raymond Ronamai | March 5, 2014 12:01 AM EST
"The Voice USA" 2014 entered its second week of blind auditions on Monday and it was a good start with the judges turning their chairs for 11 candidates. The night saw Usher getting his first country singer of the season.
Facebook Official Page
The Voice USA 2014
Judges - Adam Levine, Shakira, Usher and Blake Shelton - continued to pull each other's legs into the second week. Blake jokingly said that he didn't want to mess up Usher's face by pushing the button after the latter turned for his first country contestant. Shakira pulled up her socks by not only comparing herself to Alexander the Great, but also interpreting fellow judge Adam's tattoo.
Ryan Whyte Maloney got all the chairs turn with his rendition of "Lights" by Journey. He picked Blake as his coach.
DeShawn Washington won the heart of Shakira with his version of "Twistin' The Night Away" by Sam Cooke. Three of the judges didn't turn their chairs, but one was enough to take him to the next round.
Sam Behymer sang the song, "Royals" by Lorde and won the hearts of Adam and Usher. She joined Team Adam.
Brothers Cody Walker and Clinton Walker rendered "Keep Me In Mind" by Zac Brown Band. The identical twin brothers have country voice, but Blake seemed to be not very keen on them. Usher pushed the button and got them.
The next candidate was Clarissa Serna, who got all the chairs turn with her rendition of The Cranberries' "Zombie". She picked Shakira as her coach.
Lindsay Pagano sang "Lady Marmalade" by Labelle and got Shakira to push the button. Later, Joshua Howard joined Team Adam and Tanner James joined Team Usher.
Melissa Jimenez sang "If I Aint Got You" by Alicia Keys and got the attention of Usher and Shakira. She chose Usher as her coach.
Patrick Thomson got Blake and Adam push their buttons with his rendition of "Can't You See" by The Marshall Tucker Band. He picked Adam as his coach.
The next candiadate up was 44-year-old Sisaundra Lewis and got all the four chairs turn with her rendition of "Aint No Way" by Aretha Franklin. She joined Team Blake.
Here is the Complete List of Contestants After Three Episodes:
Team Adam: Dawn & Hawkes, Christina Grimmie, Cary Laine, Delvin Choice, Sam Behymer, Joshua Howard, and Patrick Thomson
Team Usher: T.J. Wilkins, Biff Gore, Bria Kelly, Madilyn Paige, Brothers Walker, Tanner James, and Melissa Jimenez
Team Shakira: Kristen Merlin, Jeremy Briggs, Deja Hall, DeShawn Washington, Clarissa Serna, and Lindsay Pagano
Team Blake: Jake Worthington, Noah Lis, Ryan Whyte Maloney, and Sisaundra Lewis
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales