'The Voice USA' 2014 Spoilers: Usher Goes Country; Blake Pulls His Leg
By Raymond Ronamai | March 5, 2014 12:01 AM EST
"The Voice USA" 2014 entered its second week of blind auditions on Monday and it was a good start with the judges turning their chairs for 11 candidates. The night saw Usher getting his first country singer of the season.
Facebook Official Page
The Voice USA 2014
Judges - Adam Levine, Shakira, Usher and Blake Shelton - continued to pull each other's legs into the second week. Blake jokingly said that he didn't want to mess up Usher's face by pushing the button after the latter turned for his first country contestant. Shakira pulled up her socks by not only comparing herself to Alexander the Great, but also interpreting fellow judge Adam's tattoo.
Ryan Whyte Maloney got all the chairs turn with his rendition of "Lights" by Journey. He picked Blake as his coach.
DeShawn Washington won the heart of Shakira with his version of "Twistin' The Night Away" by Sam Cooke. Three of the judges didn't turn their chairs, but one was enough to take him to the next round.
Sam Behymer sang the song, "Royals" by Lorde and won the hearts of Adam and Usher. She joined Team Adam.
Brothers Cody Walker and Clinton Walker rendered "Keep Me In Mind" by Zac Brown Band. The identical twin brothers have country voice, but Blake seemed to be not very keen on them. Usher pushed the button and got them.
The next candidate was Clarissa Serna, who got all the chairs turn with her rendition of The Cranberries' "Zombie". She picked Shakira as her coach.
Lindsay Pagano sang "Lady Marmalade" by Labelle and got Shakira to push the button. Later, Joshua Howard joined Team Adam and Tanner James joined Team Usher.
Melissa Jimenez sang "If I Aint Got You" by Alicia Keys and got the attention of Usher and Shakira. She chose Usher as her coach.
Patrick Thomson got Blake and Adam push their buttons with his rendition of "Can't You See" by The Marshall Tucker Band. He picked Adam as his coach.
The next candiadate up was 44-year-old Sisaundra Lewis and got all the four chairs turn with her rendition of "Aint No Way" by Aretha Franklin. She joined Team Blake.
Here is the Complete List of Contestants After Three Episodes:
Team Adam: Dawn & Hawkes, Christina Grimmie, Cary Laine, Delvin Choice, Sam Behymer, Joshua Howard, and Patrick Thomson
Team Usher: T.J. Wilkins, Biff Gore, Bria Kelly, Madilyn Paige, Brothers Walker, Tanner James, and Melissa Jimenez
Team Shakira: Kristen Merlin, Jeremy Briggs, Deja Hall, DeShawn Washington, Clarissa Serna, and Lindsay Pagano
Team Blake: Jake Worthington, Noah Lis, Ryan Whyte Maloney, and Sisaundra Lewis
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report