Box Office Collection: ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Drops on Monday; ‘Highway’, ‘Gunday’ Still Running
By Ankita Mehta | March 4, 2014 11:43 PM EST
The income of "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" dropped on the first weekday of its box office run in India. The film witnessed a 50 percent fall from the opening day.
Vidya and Farhan promote ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ on an hot air balloon
The film, starring Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan in the lead, raked in around ₹2.75 crore on Monday, as per early estimates. The four-day total of the film now stands at ₹24.01 crore.
The film had put a strong weekend with Saturday and Sunday witnessing huge jump. Despite having cricket match during the weekend, the film had registered good figures. But Monday's earnings have gone down drastically.
Looking at the four day total, the film will head for a ₹30 crore in first week total.
The film had performed well in north circuits during the weekends, but on Monday the business from Delhi and east Punjab had declined drastically, according to boxofficeindia.
Meanwhile, the previous releases, "Highway" and "Gunday" are still running at the box offices. The collections and screen counts of both the film has gone down, but it manages to garner audience attention.
"Gunday" is expected to end its box office run in this week as three films including "Queen", "Gulabi Gang" and "Total Siyapaa" are releasing this week. All the three films are expected to have a good start at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia