Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani has $18.6 Billion; Richest Man on Earth Bill Gates has $76 Billion
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 4, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of India's Reliance Industries has emerged as the richest Indian with a net worth of $18.6 billion, according to the latest annual list of the world's richest people by Forbes magazine.
Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries Limited is the richest Indian.
Ambani is followed by ArcelorMittal's Lakhmi Mittal with a net worth of $16.7 billion. In global rankings, however, Ambani stands at 40th position, while Mittal ranks 52.
The latest list includes a record of 1,645 billionaires with a total net worth of $6.4 trillion up from 1,426, according to a report by Reuters.
Bill Gates has returned to the top on the list of the world's richest people, with a net worth of $76 billion. The Microsoft Corporation co-founder reclaimed the top spot after four-years break, toppling Mexico's telecommunications mogul Carlos Slim Helu, who has emerged as the second richest man on Earth this time, with $72 billion.
Amancio Ortega, the Spanish founder of clothing conglomerate Inditex SA, which also includes the Zara fashion chain, came to the third place with $64 billion.
On the fourth place is Warren Buffett, who runs Berkshire Hathaway Inc, and has close partnership with Gates. He had the net worth of $58.2 billion.
Oracle Corp's chief Larry Ellison managed to grab the fifth spot at $48 billion.
From among the list of the billionaires, just over 10 percent were female, with 172 women compared with 138 a year earlier.
The richest Woman on Earth is Walmart Stores Inc heiress Chrity Walton, and is in the ninth place, overall with $36.7 billion.
Next among the woman billionaires' is France's Liliane Bettencourt, who earned much from her cosmetics company, L'Oreal SA. She has $34.5 billion and finds position 11 on the list.
Google's founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin are in 17th and 19th position with $32.3 billion and $31.8 billion respectively, while Amazon's Jeff Bezos stood between them at $32 billion.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims