Box Office Collection: Ram Charan's 'Yevadu' Completes 50 Days; Sunil's 'Bheemavaram Bullodu' Set for Decent First Week
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 4, 2014 9:43 PM EST
Check out the box office status of Ram Charan's "Yevadu" and Sunil's "Bheemavaram Bullodu."
Ram Charan's Sankranti release "Yevadu", released on 12 January has completed 50-days theatrical run at the box office on 2 March.
Although the film received mixed reviews from critics, it impressed the audience and emerged as the big Sankranti winner of this year.
The action-packed entertainer has reportedly earned over ₹47 crore share at the worldwide box office.
The success of "Yevadu" should have brought respite to Ram Charan, whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) failed to set the cash registers ringing.
"Yevadu" managed to sustain its business despite several new releases in the last few weeks. The film has turned out to be the first Telugu hit of the year.
Ram Charan, who is basking in the success of "Yevadu," has shifted his focus to his next project directed by Krishna Vamsi. The film, touted to be a family entertainer, will reportedly have Ram Charan playing the character of an NRI. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
The untitled flick will see the actor teaming up with Kajal Aggarwal for the fourth time. Actors like Srikanth and Kamalinee Mukherjkee are also playing significant roles in the film.
Sunil's "Bheemavaram Bullodu" took a decent opening in its first weekend. The film got the third biggest opening of 2014 next to "Yevadu" and "1 Nenokkadine."
Although the film's collections were good in the first weekend, mixed reviews seem to have affected its performance.
However, the film's performance was decent on Monday, thanks to the "B" and "C" centres where the Sunil starrer managed to hold well.
The comedy entertainer is said to have earned approximately ₹18 crore in five days at the Andhra Pradesh box office. The film is expected to end the first week on a decent note.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money