Box Office Collection: Ram Charan's 'Yevadu' Completes 50 Days; Sunil's 'Bheemavaram Bullodu' Set for Decent First Week
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 4, 2014 9:43 PM EST
Check out the box office status of Ram Charan's "Yevadu" and Sunil's "Bheemavaram Bullodu."
Ram Charan's Sankranti release "Yevadu", released on 12 January has completed 50-days theatrical run at the box office on 2 March.
Although the film received mixed reviews from critics, it impressed the audience and emerged as the big Sankranti winner of this year.
The action-packed entertainer has reportedly earned over ₹47 crore share at the worldwide box office.
The success of "Yevadu" should have brought respite to Ram Charan, whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) failed to set the cash registers ringing.
"Yevadu" managed to sustain its business despite several new releases in the last few weeks. The film has turned out to be the first Telugu hit of the year.
Ram Charan, who is basking in the success of "Yevadu," has shifted his focus to his next project directed by Krishna Vamsi. The film, touted to be a family entertainer, will reportedly have Ram Charan playing the character of an NRI. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
The untitled flick will see the actor teaming up with Kajal Aggarwal for the fourth time. Actors like Srikanth and Kamalinee Mukherjkee are also playing significant roles in the film.
Sunil's "Bheemavaram Bullodu" took a decent opening in its first weekend. The film got the third biggest opening of 2014 next to "Yevadu" and "1 Nenokkadine."
Although the film's collections were good in the first weekend, mixed reviews seem to have affected its performance.
However, the film's performance was decent on Monday, thanks to the "B" and "C" centres where the Sunil starrer managed to hold well.
The comedy entertainer is said to have earned approximately ₹18 crore in five days at the Andhra Pradesh box office. The film is expected to end the first week on a decent note.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal