Box Office Collection: Ram Charan's 'Yevadu' Completes 50 Days; Sunil's 'Bheemavaram Bullodu' Set for Decent First Week
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 4, 2014 9:43 PM EST
Check out the box office status of Ram Charan's "Yevadu" and Sunil's "Bheemavaram Bullodu."
Ram Charan's Sankranti release "Yevadu", released on 12 January has completed 50-days theatrical run at the box office on 2 March.
Although the film received mixed reviews from critics, it impressed the audience and emerged as the big Sankranti winner of this year.
The action-packed entertainer has reportedly earned over ₹47 crore share at the worldwide box office.
The success of "Yevadu" should have brought respite to Ram Charan, whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) failed to set the cash registers ringing.
"Yevadu" managed to sustain its business despite several new releases in the last few weeks. The film has turned out to be the first Telugu hit of the year.
Ram Charan, who is basking in the success of "Yevadu," has shifted his focus to his next project directed by Krishna Vamsi. The film, touted to be a family entertainer, will reportedly have Ram Charan playing the character of an NRI. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
The untitled flick will see the actor teaming up with Kajal Aggarwal for the fourth time. Actors like Srikanth and Kamalinee Mukherjkee are also playing significant roles in the film.
Sunil's "Bheemavaram Bullodu" took a decent opening in its first weekend. The film got the third biggest opening of 2014 next to "Yevadu" and "1 Nenokkadine."
Although the film's collections were good in the first weekend, mixed reviews seem to have affected its performance.
However, the film's performance was decent on Monday, thanks to the "B" and "C" centres where the Sunil starrer managed to hold well.
The comedy entertainer is said to have earned approximately ₹18 crore in five days at the Andhra Pradesh box office. The film is expected to end the first week on a decent note.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October