Telugu Actor Ravi Teja's Brother Arrested for Drunk Driving, Misbehaviour
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 4, 2014 8:00 PM EST
Telugu actor Ravi Teja's brother was arrested by the Hyderabad Police in the early hours of Tuesday.
Ravi Teja (Fan-made Facebook page)
Ravi Teja's brother Bharath, a small-time actor who has featured in films such as "Dhee" and "Ready", was held by the cops on the charges of abusing Madhapur policemen in an inebriated state.
According to reports, Bharath was driving under the influence of alcohol in the wee hours of Tuesday. The patrolling cops stopped his car for a routine check near the HITEC City area and asked him not to drive in that condition. But it seems the actor lost his cool and got involved in a heated argument with the officers on duty. It is understood that Bharath spoke rudely to the police and abused them.
Apparently the actor also manhandled a few onlookers and created nuisance on the road for over an hour, reported Gulte.
The police arrested him and took him into custody. According to reports, they booked him under drunk driving and for causing nuisance in the public place.
Bharath was produced before the Miyapur court and was reportedly granted bail for personal guarantee of ₹5,000.
This is not the first time that Ravi Teja's brother was held by the cops. In 2010, Bharath was arrested along with his other brother Raghubabu in connection with a drug scandal. The brothers were caught with a Nigerian national and was allegedly dealing with banned drugs. The cops reportedly recovered aroun 50 grams of cocaine from them and filed a case.
At the time, Ravi Teja (who has a clean image in the Telugu film industry) had reportedly gone on to say that he has no connections with his brothers at all. Now, one of his brothers has broken the law once again. Will the big brother come forward this time and set things right?
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date