2014 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 18 Cast: Russell Wilson, Juan Pablo Galavis, Bruce Jenner, Bill Clinton Next Contestants?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 4, 2014 7:50 PM EST
There has been a lot of talk about the upcoming season of "Dancing With the Stars" and much of it is on who will be cast, who turned it down and who were not even asked. One popular celebrity has been confirmed not to compete in the show on season 18 and that is the "Bachelor's" Juan Pablo Galavis. According to reports, Galavis is not even being considered to participate because of his latest anti-gay scandal.
The current bachelor has recently caused controversy after saying he did not think a gay Bachelor is a good idea. "He is just too risky," a source allegedly close to the Bachelor told E! Online. "There is just too much negativity at this point."
Another one who will not be part of the next season is NFL quarterback Russell Wilson, who recently told Access Hollywood that he just turned down an offer to join DWTS. "I need to focus on my football career at the moment. It is one of those things where I am trying to do as much as I can to win football games for our franchise and for the Seattle Seahawks," Wilson said. However, he did not rule out a future season when he could compete on the show. "At one point, I am going to definitely do it. I love Dancing With the Stars. I love watching and I love dancing so hopefully I could win," he added.
Meanwhile, Season 13 winner Karina Smirnoff said former United States president Bill Clinton could compete on the show. She reportedly approached the former president during an L.A. charity event and asked him to join the show. However, Clinton reportedly declined. "This is interesting. Actually they contacted me once about it and I told them I did not have the time to train for it," Clinton said on The Rachel Ray Show. "You actually go there and train. You really work for it."
ABC is set to announce the season cast of Dancing With the Stars officially on Tuesday, March 4 on Good Morning America. The show will premiere on Monday, March 17 at 8:00 P.M. on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)