2014 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 18 Cast: Russell Wilson, Juan Pablo Galavis, Bruce Jenner, Bill Clinton Next Contestants?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 4, 2014 7:50 PM EST
There has been a lot of talk about the upcoming season of "Dancing With the Stars" and much of it is on who will be cast, who turned it down and who were not even asked. One popular celebrity has been confirmed not to compete in the show on season 18 and that is the "Bachelor's" Juan Pablo Galavis. According to reports, Galavis is not even being considered to participate because of his latest anti-gay scandal.
The current bachelor has recently caused controversy after saying he did not think a gay Bachelor is a good idea. "He is just too risky," a source allegedly close to the Bachelor told E! Online. "There is just too much negativity at this point."
Another one who will not be part of the next season is NFL quarterback Russell Wilson, who recently told Access Hollywood that he just turned down an offer to join DWTS. "I need to focus on my football career at the moment. It is one of those things where I am trying to do as much as I can to win football games for our franchise and for the Seattle Seahawks," Wilson said. However, he did not rule out a future season when he could compete on the show. "At one point, I am going to definitely do it. I love Dancing With the Stars. I love watching and I love dancing so hopefully I could win," he added.
Meanwhile, Season 13 winner Karina Smirnoff said former United States president Bill Clinton could compete on the show. She reportedly approached the former president during an L.A. charity event and asked him to join the show. However, Clinton reportedly declined. "This is interesting. Actually they contacted me once about it and I told them I did not have the time to train for it," Clinton said on The Rachel Ray Show. "You actually go there and train. You really work for it."
ABC is set to announce the season cast of Dancing With the Stars officially on Tuesday, March 4 on Good Morning America. The show will premiere on Monday, March 17 at 8:00 P.M. on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast