HTC One XL vs. Samsung Galaxy S3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | March 4, 2014 7:42 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One XL or the Samsung Galaxy S3, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC One XL comes with a 4.7 inch Super IPS LCD2 capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The HTC One XL comes with 134.8 x 69.9 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 129 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm dimensions and weighs 133 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One XL is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, which can be upgraded to the Jelly Bean version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM.
The HTC One XL sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Samsung Galaxy S3 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The HTC One XL comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1800 mAh battery whereas the Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The HTC One XL 4G version is priced at around AU $369.95. The Samsung Galaxy S3 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
LG G Pro 2 vs. Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 Specs Comparison [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China