HTC One XL vs. Samsung Galaxy S3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | March 4, 2014 7:42 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One XL or the Samsung Galaxy S3, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC One XL comes with a 4.7 inch Super IPS LCD2 capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The HTC One XL comes with 134.8 x 69.9 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 129 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm dimensions and weighs 133 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One XL is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, which can be upgraded to the Jelly Bean version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM.
The HTC One XL sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Samsung Galaxy S3 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The HTC One XL comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1800 mAh battery whereas the Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The HTC One XL 4G version is priced at around AU $369.95. The Samsung Galaxy S3 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
LG G Pro 2 vs. Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 Specs Comparison [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers