Oppo Find 7 to Beat Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2 with 50 MP Rear Shooting Camera?
By Ryan Inoyori | March 4, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Camera megapixel on smartphones are getting higher every now and then but Oppo Find 7 takes the challenge up to the next level with 50 MP rear camera shooter. Can Galaxy S5 or Xperia Z2 match such power?
Oppo Find 7 Camera Deal
In March 19th at Beijing, China, Oppo will announce their upcoming device called Find 7 that features an outrageous 50 megapixel rear shooting camera. Leaked image grabbed by GSMArena is a sample of what Oppo Find 7 can do with its 50 MP camera.
The image uploaded to the Web site called Weibo features a photo resolution of 8160 x 6120 and according to the EXIF data, the device that captured it is in fact Oppo Find 7. Unfortunately, there is nothing else to go on regarding the accuracy or image quality comparison of the 50 MP camera on Oppo Find 7 because only one image has been found.
Although, the device captured decent details such as less noticeable noise around the subject and background, fairly nice with the lighting condition and good amount of distinct purple colour.
Oppo Find 7 vs Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2
Camera megapixels from the early days of mobile devices ranges from 2 MP to 5 MP but know several high-end smartphones feature from 8 MP to 20.7 MP not to mention Oppo Find 7's 50 MP rear shooter. But does high megapixel means great quality?
High megapixel allow better viewing of images and videos on larger screen platforms. But there are other factors why manufacturers improve the megapixel rating on their devices.
Higher megapixels allow better cropping than lower MPs.
Printing the image in larger scale usually requires higher megapixel.
Higher MP measures viewing quality on a computer, video player or TV screens.
However, megapixel doesn't count everything on the camera unless it offers a unique lens, wide range of camera modes and other features. Here are factors why Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 remains unmoved with the 50 MP camera.
Underwater shot: Both Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 are water-resistant.
Camera Modes: Various effects are found on both smartphones such as Fast Auto Focus, HDR, Timeshift Burst and more.
4K Video Recording: Although Oppo hasn't announced the specs yet, Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 supports 4K video recording for almost futureproof videos.
Video Stabiliser: Less blur during video recording.
Background Defocus: For artistic purposes, you may defocus the background and retain focus on the subject.
It is yet to be expected what Oppo will present on Find 7 in addition to the 50 MP rear shooting camera and if it includes heavy features such as Backside Illumination (BSI), Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) or dual LED flash.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales