Oppo Find 7 to Beat Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2 with 50 MP Rear Shooting Camera?
By Ryan Inoyori | March 4, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Camera megapixel on smartphones are getting higher every now and then but Oppo Find 7 takes the challenge up to the next level with 50 MP rear camera shooter. Can Galaxy S5 or Xperia Z2 match such power?
Oppo Find 7 Camera Deal
In March 19th at Beijing, China, Oppo will announce their upcoming device called Find 7 that features an outrageous 50 megapixel rear shooting camera. Leaked image grabbed by GSMArena is a sample of what Oppo Find 7 can do with its 50 MP camera.
The image uploaded to the Web site called Weibo features a photo resolution of 8160 x 6120 and according to the EXIF data, the device that captured it is in fact Oppo Find 7. Unfortunately, there is nothing else to go on regarding the accuracy or image quality comparison of the 50 MP camera on Oppo Find 7 because only one image has been found.
Although, the device captured decent details such as less noticeable noise around the subject and background, fairly nice with the lighting condition and good amount of distinct purple colour.
Oppo Find 7 vs Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2
Camera megapixels from the early days of mobile devices ranges from 2 MP to 5 MP but know several high-end smartphones feature from 8 MP to 20.7 MP not to mention Oppo Find 7's 50 MP rear shooter. But does high megapixel means great quality?
High megapixel allow better viewing of images and videos on larger screen platforms. But there are other factors why manufacturers improve the megapixel rating on their devices.
Higher megapixels allow better cropping than lower MPs.
Printing the image in larger scale usually requires higher megapixel.
Higher MP measures viewing quality on a computer, video player or TV screens.
However, megapixel doesn't count everything on the camera unless it offers a unique lens, wide range of camera modes and other features. Here are factors why Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 remains unmoved with the 50 MP camera.
Underwater shot: Both Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 are water-resistant.
Camera Modes: Various effects are found on both smartphones such as Fast Auto Focus, HDR, Timeshift Burst and more.
4K Video Recording: Although Oppo hasn't announced the specs yet, Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 supports 4K video recording for almost futureproof videos.
Video Stabiliser: Less blur during video recording.
Background Defocus: For artistic purposes, you may defocus the background and retain focus on the subject.
It is yet to be expected what Oppo will present on Find 7 in addition to the 50 MP rear shooting camera and if it includes heavy features such as Backside Illumination (BSI), Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) or dual LED flash.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report