Oppo Find 7 to Beat Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2 with 50 MP Rear Shooting Camera?
By Ryan Inoyori | March 4, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Camera megapixel on smartphones are getting higher every now and then but Oppo Find 7 takes the challenge up to the next level with 50 MP rear camera shooter. Can Galaxy S5 or Xperia Z2 match such power?
Oppo Find 7 Camera Deal
In March 19th at Beijing, China, Oppo will announce their upcoming device called Find 7 that features an outrageous 50 megapixel rear shooting camera. Leaked image grabbed by GSMArena is a sample of what Oppo Find 7 can do with its 50 MP camera.
The image uploaded to the Web site called Weibo features a photo resolution of 8160 x 6120 and according to the EXIF data, the device that captured it is in fact Oppo Find 7. Unfortunately, there is nothing else to go on regarding the accuracy or image quality comparison of the 50 MP camera on Oppo Find 7 because only one image has been found.
Although, the device captured decent details such as less noticeable noise around the subject and background, fairly nice with the lighting condition and good amount of distinct purple colour.
Oppo Find 7 vs Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2
Camera megapixels from the early days of mobile devices ranges from 2 MP to 5 MP but know several high-end smartphones feature from 8 MP to 20.7 MP not to mention Oppo Find 7's 50 MP rear shooter. But does high megapixel means great quality?
High megapixel allow better viewing of images and videos on larger screen platforms. But there are other factors why manufacturers improve the megapixel rating on their devices.
Higher megapixels allow better cropping than lower MPs.
Printing the image in larger scale usually requires higher megapixel.
Higher MP measures viewing quality on a computer, video player or TV screens.
However, megapixel doesn't count everything on the camera unless it offers a unique lens, wide range of camera modes and other features. Here are factors why Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 remains unmoved with the 50 MP camera.
Underwater shot: Both Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 are water-resistant.
Camera Modes: Various effects are found on both smartphones such as Fast Auto Focus, HDR, Timeshift Burst and more.
4K Video Recording: Although Oppo hasn't announced the specs yet, Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 supports 4K video recording for almost futureproof videos.
Video Stabiliser: Less blur during video recording.
Background Defocus: For artistic purposes, you may defocus the background and retain focus on the subject.
It is yet to be expected what Oppo will present on Find 7 in addition to the 50 MP rear shooting camera and if it includes heavy features such as Backside Illumination (BSI), Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) or dual LED flash.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate