Galaxy Gifts: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Giving Out $575-Equivalent Freebies
By Judith Aparri | March 4, 2014 7:29 PM EST
Samsung is giving out customers of Galaxy S5, $575 worth of freebies as Galaxy gifts and as a "come on" offering. The company bundles freebies with the S5 which are claimed to total $575. Aside from enjoying the latest high-end smartphone model of today, the S5 customer can check on the free subscriptions for selected apps.
The Galaxy Gifts section lists promo offers, services and long-term subscriptions as free. That means Galaxy S5 owners can benefit of the free Wall Street Journal subscription for six months, which would have cost $160. Avid Evernote users can enjoy a three-month subscription for its premium service with price at $15 and there's another subscription, of Bloomberg Businessweek for 12 months, worth $30.
It's not all about serious stuff though as Samsung also packs a free in-app purchase of up to $10 Cut the Rope 2 plus 50GB cloud storage of Box for six months which is worth $60 and an 1TB storage for 3 months in Bitcasa that is worth $30. Another one to take advantage of is a premium account of LinkedIn costing $75.
Part of the offer is the Paypal special deal worth $50, as well as subscriptions for easilyDo Pro of $5 and Flick Data app worth $2. The device also has a freebie of premium fitness apps like RunKeeper ($20), Skimble's Workout Trainer ($4), personal wellness assistant ($36) as well as Map My Fitness ($36).
It still has to go out to the market but the Galaxy S5 has earned a handful of jokes from rivals Nokia and HTC. Nonetheless, these goodies can give S5 added value. There may be some comments about the high prices of fitness apps and they are not for everyone, but it is great for the company to put the add-ons as Galaxy Gifts offers.
When the newest Android smartphone from Samsung came out during the recent Mobile World Congress 2014, Jessica Dolcourt of CNET Review called it an excellent device which will keep its maker at or near the top of the smartphone race. Adding freebies and goodies to a great device like the Galaxy S5 is a wise move.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS