Katy Perry and John Mayer Split's Real Reason: Broken Promises Killed the Relationship
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 4, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Katy Perry broke up with guitar player and singer John Mayer because he had a habit of breaking his promises. It has been revealed that the "Prism" singer dislikes men who cannot keep their promises.
The sources revealed the reason in a report by HollywoodLife.com as to why the power couple, Katy Perry and John Mayer split.
"The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed sources to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure."
The source also mentioned that Katy was shattered after the split with John, but she had to do this in order to take care of herself. Only three days after the split with the "Roar" singer, John Mayer was spotted getting all cozy with a new girl. John loves ladies, and it is no secret. In fact, he was seen talking to a new girl at the Pre-Oscars party.
The day after the news about the split went public, John was spotted around Soho, NYC, where he was caught smiling. According to Page Six, he then went to Blue Note jazz club and stayed late.
Katy Perry was not ready for marriage
Katy was not in a state to get married. Sources confirmed that the split was real and might not be permanent.
"But the one thing that happened was that John was interested in marrying Katy and wanted to propose, but she didn't want to take that plunge yet."
After parting ways with ex-husband Russell Brand, Katy wanted to get into a relationship again but was scared.
"She realized that she really loved John, but the commitment of marriage scared her because she failed at it the first time. She wants to live her life less seriously right now," said a source.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]