Katy Perry and John Mayer Split's Real Reason: Broken Promises Killed the Relationship
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 4, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Katy Perry broke up with guitar player and singer John Mayer because he had a habit of breaking his promises. It has been revealed that the "Prism" singer dislikes men who cannot keep their promises.
The sources revealed the reason in a report by HollywoodLife.com as to why the power couple, Katy Perry and John Mayer split.
"The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed sources to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure."
The source also mentioned that Katy was shattered after the split with John, but she had to do this in order to take care of herself. Only three days after the split with the "Roar" singer, John Mayer was spotted getting all cozy with a new girl. John loves ladies, and it is no secret. In fact, he was seen talking to a new girl at the Pre-Oscars party.
The day after the news about the split went public, John was spotted around Soho, NYC, where he was caught smiling. According to Page Six, he then went to Blue Note jazz club and stayed late.
Katy Perry was not ready for marriage
Katy was not in a state to get married. Sources confirmed that the split was real and might not be permanent.
"But the one thing that happened was that John was interested in marrying Katy and wanted to propose, but she didn't want to take that plunge yet."
After parting ways with ex-husband Russell Brand, Katy wanted to get into a relationship again but was scared.
"She realized that she really loved John, but the commitment of marriage scared her because she failed at it the first time. She wants to live her life less seriously right now," said a source.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown