Katy Perry and John Mayer Split's Real Reason: Broken Promises Killed the Relationship
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 4, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Katy Perry broke up with guitar player and singer John Mayer because he had a habit of breaking his promises. It has been revealed that the "Prism" singer dislikes men who cannot keep their promises.
The sources revealed the reason in a report by HollywoodLife.com as to why the power couple, Katy Perry and John Mayer split.
"The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed sources to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure."
The source also mentioned that Katy was shattered after the split with John, but she had to do this in order to take care of herself. Only three days after the split with the "Roar" singer, John Mayer was spotted getting all cozy with a new girl. John loves ladies, and it is no secret. In fact, he was seen talking to a new girl at the Pre-Oscars party.
The day after the news about the split went public, John was spotted around Soho, NYC, where he was caught smiling. According to Page Six, he then went to Blue Note jazz club and stayed late.
Katy Perry was not ready for marriage
Katy was not in a state to get married. Sources confirmed that the split was real and might not be permanent.
"But the one thing that happened was that John was interested in marrying Katy and wanted to propose, but she didn't want to take that plunge yet."
After parting ways with ex-husband Russell Brand, Katy wanted to get into a relationship again but was scared.
"She realized that she really loved John, but the commitment of marriage scared her because she failed at it the first time. She wants to live her life less seriously right now," said a source.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Harry Styles-Paige Reifler Dating, Couple Back Together
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide