Katy Perry and John Mayer Split's Real Reason: Broken Promises Killed the Relationship
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 4, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Katy Perry broke up with guitar player and singer John Mayer because he had a habit of breaking his promises. It has been revealed that the "Prism" singer dislikes men who cannot keep their promises.
The sources revealed the reason in a report by HollywoodLife.com as to why the power couple, Katy Perry and John Mayer split.
"The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed sources to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure."
The source also mentioned that Katy was shattered after the split with John, but she had to do this in order to take care of herself. Only three days after the split with the "Roar" singer, John Mayer was spotted getting all cozy with a new girl. John loves ladies, and it is no secret. In fact, he was seen talking to a new girl at the Pre-Oscars party.
The day after the news about the split went public, John was spotted around Soho, NYC, where he was caught smiling. According to Page Six, he then went to Blue Note jazz club and stayed late.
Katy Perry was not ready for marriage
Katy was not in a state to get married. Sources confirmed that the split was real and might not be permanent.
"But the one thing that happened was that John was interested in marrying Katy and wanted to propose, but she didn't want to take that plunge yet."
After parting ways with ex-husband Russell Brand, Katy wanted to get into a relationship again but was scared.
"She realized that she really loved John, but the commitment of marriage scared her because she failed at it the first time. She wants to live her life less seriously right now," said a source.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza