Katy Perry and John Mayer Split's Real Reason: Broken Promises Killed the Relationship
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 4, 2014 7:24 PM EST
Katy Perry broke up with guitar player and singer John Mayer because he had a habit of breaking his promises. It has been revealed that the "Prism" singer dislikes men who cannot keep their promises.
The sources revealed the reason in a report by HollywoodLife.com as to why the power couple, Katy Perry and John Mayer split.
"The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed sources to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure."
The source also mentioned that Katy was shattered after the split with John, but she had to do this in order to take care of herself. Only three days after the split with the "Roar" singer, John Mayer was spotted getting all cozy with a new girl. John loves ladies, and it is no secret. In fact, he was seen talking to a new girl at the Pre-Oscars party.
The day after the news about the split went public, John was spotted around Soho, NYC, where he was caught smiling. According to Page Six, he then went to Blue Note jazz club and stayed late.
Katy Perry was not ready for marriage
Katy was not in a state to get married. Sources confirmed that the split was real and might not be permanent.
"But the one thing that happened was that John was interested in marrying Katy and wanted to propose, but she didn't want to take that plunge yet."
After parting ways with ex-husband Russell Brand, Katy wanted to get into a relationship again but was scared.
"She realized that she really loved John, but the commitment of marriage scared her because she failed at it the first time. She wants to live her life less seriously right now," said a source.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop