Tata Motors Revises Prices in India; Nano Now Cheaper by ₹8,000
By greeshma m | March 4, 2014 7:04 PM EST
Following the suit of other car makers in India, Tata Motors announced a price cut across all its models after the announcement of a reduction in excise duty by finance minister P Chidambaram.
Now with the latest price revise in the country, Tata's cheapest offering Nano will become cheaper by ₹8,000 and other models of the company will also enjoy the price cut ranging from ₹7,000 to ₹45,000. Tata's Safari and Safari Storme will now be available in the domestic market with a price cut of ₹35,000 and ₹45,000 respectively.
The Indica eV2 GLS of Tata is now priced at ₹3.85 lakh and the Indica eV2 GLX variant comes for ₹4.11 lakh. The diesel and petrol variant of the Indica eV2 now will enjoy a price cut of ₹7,000 and ₹15,000 respectively.
Tata Nano, the world's least expensive car has now become more affordable as the base variant of the car now comes at a price point of ₹1.41 lakh from the earlier price tag of ₹1.5 lakh. The Nano Twist XT, the recent offering of Tata with power steering is now cheaper by ₹7,000.
Tata is the latest to join the club. Companies like Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Ford, Volkswagen and Hyundai have also revised the prices of their vehicles in the domestic market.
Meanwhile, Tata posted a decline of 5.56 per cent in sales to 39,951 units for the month of February. The domestic passenger vehicle sales zoomed to 11,325 units in February, from 10,613 units in the corresponding month last year.
Tata Motors sold 9,026 units of Nano, Indica and Indigo cars and 2,299 units of Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture vehicles, the company told PTI.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown