Tata Motors Revises Prices in India; Nano Now Cheaper by ₹8,000
By greeshma m | March 4, 2014 7:04 PM EST
Following the suit of other car makers in India, Tata Motors announced a price cut across all its models after the announcement of a reduction in excise duty by finance minister P Chidambaram.
Now with the latest price revise in the country, Tata's cheapest offering Nano will become cheaper by ₹8,000 and other models of the company will also enjoy the price cut ranging from ₹7,000 to ₹45,000. Tata's Safari and Safari Storme will now be available in the domestic market with a price cut of ₹35,000 and ₹45,000 respectively.
The Indica eV2 GLS of Tata is now priced at ₹3.85 lakh and the Indica eV2 GLX variant comes for ₹4.11 lakh. The diesel and petrol variant of the Indica eV2 now will enjoy a price cut of ₹7,000 and ₹15,000 respectively.
Tata Nano, the world's least expensive car has now become more affordable as the base variant of the car now comes at a price point of ₹1.41 lakh from the earlier price tag of ₹1.5 lakh. The Nano Twist XT, the recent offering of Tata with power steering is now cheaper by ₹7,000.
Tata is the latest to join the club. Companies like Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Ford, Volkswagen and Hyundai have also revised the prices of their vehicles in the domestic market.
Meanwhile, Tata posted a decline of 5.56 per cent in sales to 39,951 units for the month of February. The domestic passenger vehicle sales zoomed to 11,325 units in February, from 10,613 units in the corresponding month last year.
Tata Motors sold 9,026 units of Nano, Indica and Indigo cars and 2,299 units of Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture vehicles, the company told PTI.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko