Katy Perry's 'Grandma' Look Criticized as She Arrives in Australia: Split with John Mayer to be Blamed?
By nidhi tewari | March 4, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Ahead of her "Prismatic" world tour in November, pop singer Katy Perry has arrived in Australia to promote it. The "Roar" singer was criticised for looking non-glamorous and rather simple for her appearance at the media. Local media has been writing about Perry's "grandma" look after she arrived Tuesday morning.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the Cannes festival palace to attend the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes
Perry, who has continued to be famous on Australian charts since the 2008 release of her debut single "I Kissed a Girl," is expected to be featured on a famous Aussie breakfast show "Sunrise" on Wednesday morning.
For her press appearance, Perry chose to wear a white net knee-length dress which had a see through top. The singer wore a pearl wrist band in one hand and also completed the look with an elegant belt. The singer seems to have developed a liking for bangs. Her hair was poker straight with bangs and made her look like a Japanese Geisha. Katy coloured her nails in black and wore matching white pumps to complete the look.
The singer was busy talking to media at the Telstra HQ in George Street and informed the media about her "Prism" world tour which takes place in various Aussie cities including Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
According to Herald Sun, Perry looked more "dag than glam." The Web site referred to the casual clothes that Perry wore when she landed in Australia. The singer was seen wearing a flowing printed dress, boots and a brown oversized sweater. She interacted happily with fans and even let them take pictures with her. See pictures here. The recently single singer was in Tokyo prior to Australia where she had concerts in relation to her "Prismatic" world tour.
Perry has recently split with her long time boyfriend John Mayer and according to Hollywood Life the reason for the split has been Mayer's behaviour. "The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed a source to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure," added the source, according to the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools