Katy Perry's 'Grandma' Look Criticized as She Arrives in Australia: Split with John Mayer to be Blamed?
By nidhi tewari | March 4, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Ahead of her "Prismatic" world tour in November, pop singer Katy Perry has arrived in Australia to promote it. The "Roar" singer was criticised for looking non-glamorous and rather simple for her appearance at the media. Local media has been writing about Perry's "grandma" look after she arrived Tuesday morning.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the Cannes festival palace to attend the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes
Perry, who has continued to be famous on Australian charts since the 2008 release of her debut single "I Kissed a Girl," is expected to be featured on a famous Aussie breakfast show "Sunrise" on Wednesday morning.
For her press appearance, Perry chose to wear a white net knee-length dress which had a see through top. The singer wore a pearl wrist band in one hand and also completed the look with an elegant belt. The singer seems to have developed a liking for bangs. Her hair was poker straight with bangs and made her look like a Japanese Geisha. Katy coloured her nails in black and wore matching white pumps to complete the look.
The singer was busy talking to media at the Telstra HQ in George Street and informed the media about her "Prism" world tour which takes place in various Aussie cities including Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
According to Herald Sun, Perry looked more "dag than glam." The Web site referred to the casual clothes that Perry wore when she landed in Australia. The singer was seen wearing a flowing printed dress, boots and a brown oversized sweater. She interacted happily with fans and even let them take pictures with her. See pictures here. The recently single singer was in Tokyo prior to Australia where she had concerts in relation to her "Prismatic" world tour.
Perry has recently split with her long time boyfriend John Mayer and according to Hollywood Life the reason for the split has been Mayer's behaviour. "The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed a source to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure," added the source, according to the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch