Katy Perry's 'Grandma' Look Criticized as She Arrives in Australia: Split with John Mayer to be Blamed?
By nidhi tewari | March 4, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Ahead of her "Prismatic" world tour in November, pop singer Katy Perry has arrived in Australia to promote it. The "Roar" singer was criticised for looking non-glamorous and rather simple for her appearance at the media. Local media has been writing about Perry's "grandma" look after she arrived Tuesday morning.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the Cannes festival palace to attend the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes
Perry, who has continued to be famous on Australian charts since the 2008 release of her debut single "I Kissed a Girl," is expected to be featured on a famous Aussie breakfast show "Sunrise" on Wednesday morning.
For her press appearance, Perry chose to wear a white net knee-length dress which had a see through top. The singer wore a pearl wrist band in one hand and also completed the look with an elegant belt. The singer seems to have developed a liking for bangs. Her hair was poker straight with bangs and made her look like a Japanese Geisha. Katy coloured her nails in black and wore matching white pumps to complete the look.
The singer was busy talking to media at the Telstra HQ in George Street and informed the media about her "Prism" world tour which takes place in various Aussie cities including Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
According to Herald Sun, Perry looked more "dag than glam." The Web site referred to the casual clothes that Perry wore when she landed in Australia. The singer was seen wearing a flowing printed dress, boots and a brown oversized sweater. She interacted happily with fans and even let them take pictures with her. See pictures here. The recently single singer was in Tokyo prior to Australia where she had concerts in relation to her "Prismatic" world tour.
Perry has recently split with her long time boyfriend John Mayer and according to Hollywood Life the reason for the split has been Mayer's behaviour. "The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed a source to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure," added the source, according to the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People