Katy Perry's 'Grandma' Look Criticized as She Arrives in Australia: Split with John Mayer to be Blamed?
By nidhi tewari | March 4, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Ahead of her "Prismatic" world tour in November, pop singer Katy Perry has arrived in Australia to promote it. The "Roar" singer was criticised for looking non-glamorous and rather simple for her appearance at the media. Local media has been writing about Perry's "grandma" look after she arrived Tuesday morning.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the Cannes festival palace to attend the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes
Perry, who has continued to be famous on Australian charts since the 2008 release of her debut single "I Kissed a Girl," is expected to be featured on a famous Aussie breakfast show "Sunrise" on Wednesday morning.
For her press appearance, Perry chose to wear a white net knee-length dress which had a see through top. The singer wore a pearl wrist band in one hand and also completed the look with an elegant belt. The singer seems to have developed a liking for bangs. Her hair was poker straight with bangs and made her look like a Japanese Geisha. Katy coloured her nails in black and wore matching white pumps to complete the look.
The singer was busy talking to media at the Telstra HQ in George Street and informed the media about her "Prism" world tour which takes place in various Aussie cities including Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
According to Herald Sun, Perry looked more "dag than glam." The Web site referred to the casual clothes that Perry wore when she landed in Australia. The singer was seen wearing a flowing printed dress, boots and a brown oversized sweater. She interacted happily with fans and even let them take pictures with her. See pictures here. The recently single singer was in Tokyo prior to Australia where she had concerts in relation to her "Prismatic" world tour.
Perry has recently split with her long time boyfriend John Mayer and according to Hollywood Life the reason for the split has been Mayer's behaviour. "The last time they broke up - John won her back by making a ton of promises - he was going to put her first, but now he's falling back into his old patterns," revealed a source to HollywoodLife.com.
"Like he shuts off his phone and disappears all day and night - he says it's because he needs alone time, but it's sketchy for sure," added the source, according to the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date