Box Office: 'Vallinam', 'Thegidi', 'IKK', 'Bramman', 'Aaha Kalynam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 4, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Check the box office status of recently-released Tamil films "Thegidi", "Vallinam", "Bramman", "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" and "Aaha Kalyanam".
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer "Thegidi" took an average opening in its first weekend at the Tamil Nadu box office. Although the thriller film carried positive reports, it failed to take a solid opening, as there are no big stars in it. Moreover, the film was released in less number of theatres, affecting its business.
"Thegidi" took an average opening in Chennai, where the film minted over ₹18 lakh in its opening weekend. The average theatre occupancy for the film was around 55 percent during the weekend, according to Behindwoods report.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares during the weekdays. Armed with positive reviews, "Thegidi" might perform better at the box office in the coming days.
Nakul's "Vallinam" has also taken an average opening at the Tamil Nadu box office. The sports-based film received positive feedback from critics, but still the film has managed to get only average opening.
In Chennai too, "Vallinam" has done average business with the film fetching over ₹35 lakh in its opening weekend, according to Behindwoods website.
However, the film's performance might improve in the coming days.
Sasikumar's "Bramman" has turned out to be a below average fare at the box office. The film took a decent opening in its first weekend, but poor reviews seem to have marred its prospects at the box office.
"Bramman" performed averagely at the Chennai box office and has earned over ₹87 lakh in 10 days. The film has been removed from several multiplexes, but it is still running in single screens.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal
The performance of Udhayanidhi Stalin's second outing "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" (IKK) has been above average in Tamil Nadu box office.
"IKK" released on 14 February as a Valentine's Day special performed well at the box office in its opening week.
However, the film's performance witnessed a drop in the second and third weeks. The romantic comedy entertainer starring has just turned out to be an above average fare at the box office.
"IKK" has reportedly earned over ₹3 crore at the end of the third weekend in Chennai. The Udhay-Nayantara starrer has become a safe venture, but it needs to be seen if the film will be able to achieve the hit status.
Nani-Vaani Kapoor's "Aaha Kalyanam" has done an average business at the box office. The film has been performing decently in "A" centres, but in "B" and "C" centres it is not encouraging, according to Cinemalead.
The film, which released on 21 February, has earned over ₹40 lakh in 10 days at the Chennai box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast