Box Office: 'Vallinam', 'Thegidi', 'IKK', 'Bramman', 'Aaha Kalynam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 4, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Check the box office status of recently-released Tamil films "Thegidi", "Vallinam", "Bramman", "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" and "Aaha Kalyanam".
Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer "Thegidi" took an average opening in its first weekend at the Tamil Nadu box office. Although the thriller film carried positive reports, it failed to take a solid opening, as there are no big stars in it. Moreover, the film was released in less number of theatres, affecting its business.
"Thegidi" took an average opening in Chennai, where the film minted over ₹18 lakh in its opening weekend. The average theatre occupancy for the film was around 55 percent during the weekend, according to Behindwoods report.
It remains to be seen as to how the film fares during the weekdays. Armed with positive reviews, "Thegidi" might perform better at the box office in the coming days.
Nakul's "Vallinam" has also taken an average opening at the Tamil Nadu box office. The sports-based film received positive feedback from critics, but still the film has managed to get only average opening.
In Chennai too, "Vallinam" has done average business with the film fetching over ₹35 lakh in its opening weekend, according to Behindwoods website.
However, the film's performance might improve in the coming days.
Sasikumar's "Bramman" has turned out to be a below average fare at the box office. The film took a decent opening in its first weekend, but poor reviews seem to have marred its prospects at the box office.
"Bramman" performed averagely at the Chennai box office and has earned over ₹87 lakh in 10 days. The film has been removed from several multiplexes, but it is still running in single screens.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal
The performance of Udhayanidhi Stalin's second outing "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" (IKK) has been above average in Tamil Nadu box office.
"IKK" released on 14 February as a Valentine's Day special performed well at the box office in its opening week.
However, the film's performance witnessed a drop in the second and third weeks. The romantic comedy entertainer starring has just turned out to be an above average fare at the box office.
"IKK" has reportedly earned over ₹3 crore at the end of the third weekend in Chennai. The Udhay-Nayantara starrer has become a safe venture, but it needs to be seen if the film will be able to achieve the hit status.
Nani-Vaani Kapoor's "Aaha Kalyanam" has done an average business at the box office. The film has been performing decently in "A" centres, but in "B" and "C" centres it is not encouraging, according to Cinemalead.
The film, which released on 21 February, has earned over ₹40 lakh in 10 days at the Chennai box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales