Nokia Lumia Martini: Nokia Offers Another Windows Phone Blue Handset to Arrive Soon?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2014 6:43 PM EST
Nokia recently announced its budget range Nokia X handsets at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC), but it looks like the Finnish smartphone manufacturer will be offering another new device soon bearing the name of a famous cocktail drink. Notable mobile source @evleaks teased Nokia device enthusiasts on Twitter to look out for the arrival of the Nokia Lumia "Martini" which is another Windows Phone Blue handset.
Nokia watchers: look out for Martini, another Windows Phone Blue handset.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) March 3, 2014
Aside from the handset's codename and Windows Phone update, other details on the "Martini" were not revealed. According to MSN Tech, the Nokia Lumia "Martini" could be the first device coming from the Finnish company after having the new Microsoft owner's branding at the front.
Additionally, this is not the first time for Nokia to give striking codenames to its devices. Nokia has previously used the "Moneypenny" and "Goldfinger" codenames coming from the famous 007 James Bond movie franchise.
The leaked information on the Martini's Windows Phone update implies that Nokia watchers could possibly see the new device during the Windows Phone 8.1 launch or afterwards. The Phone Arena report points out that the new Windows Phone devices are expected to be unveiled at the Microsoft's Build Developer Conference scheduled to take place from April 2 to 4, where the latest Windows Phone update will be introduced.
Since there are no available details yet on the Nokia Lumia "Martini" features or specs, the report further noted that "April may be a little too early" to unveil the successor to the Nokia Lumia 1020 boasting the 41-MP PureView camera, but it is "not too early" to see the Nokia Lumia 925 smartphone's descendant.
"The timing of //Build/ is going to apropos not just for maintaining the momentum of the Windows platform as a whole, but it should also mark the very beginning of Microsoft completing its acquisition of Nokia Devices and Services. That said, it is entirely possible we see a device meant to be the flag bearer of that new arrangement," the Phone Arena report reads.
The recently held 2014 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, had Nokia revolving around the new Nokia X Android devices. However, the company clarified that they will continue in establishing the Nokia Asha and Nokia Lumia Windows Phone line-up.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset Press Render Leaked Online Before Official Launch - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff