Nokia Lumia Martini: Nokia Offers Another Windows Phone Blue Handset to Arrive Soon?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2014 6:43 PM EST
Nokia recently announced its budget range Nokia X handsets at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC), but it looks like the Finnish smartphone manufacturer will be offering another new device soon bearing the name of a famous cocktail drink. Notable mobile source @evleaks teased Nokia device enthusiasts on Twitter to look out for the arrival of the Nokia Lumia "Martini" which is another Windows Phone Blue handset.
Nokia watchers: look out for Martini, another Windows Phone Blue handset.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) March 3, 2014
Aside from the handset's codename and Windows Phone update, other details on the "Martini" were not revealed. According to MSN Tech, the Nokia Lumia "Martini" could be the first device coming from the Finnish company after having the new Microsoft owner's branding at the front.
Additionally, this is not the first time for Nokia to give striking codenames to its devices. Nokia has previously used the "Moneypenny" and "Goldfinger" codenames coming from the famous 007 James Bond movie franchise.
The leaked information on the Martini's Windows Phone update implies that Nokia watchers could possibly see the new device during the Windows Phone 8.1 launch or afterwards. The Phone Arena report points out that the new Windows Phone devices are expected to be unveiled at the Microsoft's Build Developer Conference scheduled to take place from April 2 to 4, where the latest Windows Phone update will be introduced.
Since there are no available details yet on the Nokia Lumia "Martini" features or specs, the report further noted that "April may be a little too early" to unveil the successor to the Nokia Lumia 1020 boasting the 41-MP PureView camera, but it is "not too early" to see the Nokia Lumia 925 smartphone's descendant.
"The timing of //Build/ is going to apropos not just for maintaining the momentum of the Windows platform as a whole, but it should also mark the very beginning of Microsoft completing its acquisition of Nokia Devices and Services. That said, it is entirely possible we see a device meant to be the flag bearer of that new arrangement," the Phone Arena report reads.
The recently held 2014 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, had Nokia revolving around the new Nokia X Android devices. However, the company clarified that they will continue in establishing the Nokia Asha and Nokia Lumia Windows Phone line-up.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset Press Render Leaked Online Before Official Launch - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown