Nokia Lumia Martini: Nokia Offers Another Windows Phone Blue Handset to Arrive Soon?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2014 6:43 PM EST
Nokia recently announced its budget range Nokia X handsets at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC), but it looks like the Finnish smartphone manufacturer will be offering another new device soon bearing the name of a famous cocktail drink. Notable mobile source @evleaks teased Nokia device enthusiasts on Twitter to look out for the arrival of the Nokia Lumia "Martini" which is another Windows Phone Blue handset.
Nokia watchers: look out for Martini, another Windows Phone Blue handset.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) March 3, 2014
Aside from the handset's codename and Windows Phone update, other details on the "Martini" were not revealed. According to MSN Tech, the Nokia Lumia "Martini" could be the first device coming from the Finnish company after having the new Microsoft owner's branding at the front.
Additionally, this is not the first time for Nokia to give striking codenames to its devices. Nokia has previously used the "Moneypenny" and "Goldfinger" codenames coming from the famous 007 James Bond movie franchise.
The leaked information on the Martini's Windows Phone update implies that Nokia watchers could possibly see the new device during the Windows Phone 8.1 launch or afterwards. The Phone Arena report points out that the new Windows Phone devices are expected to be unveiled at the Microsoft's Build Developer Conference scheduled to take place from April 2 to 4, where the latest Windows Phone update will be introduced.
Since there are no available details yet on the Nokia Lumia "Martini" features or specs, the report further noted that "April may be a little too early" to unveil the successor to the Nokia Lumia 1020 boasting the 41-MP PureView camera, but it is "not too early" to see the Nokia Lumia 925 smartphone's descendant.
"The timing of //Build/ is going to apropos not just for maintaining the momentum of the Windows platform as a whole, but it should also mark the very beginning of Microsoft completing its acquisition of Nokia Devices and Services. That said, it is entirely possible we see a device meant to be the flag bearer of that new arrangement," the Phone Arena report reads.
The recently held 2014 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, had Nokia revolving around the new Nokia X Android devices. However, the company clarified that they will continue in establishing the Nokia Asha and Nokia Lumia Windows Phone line-up.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset Press Render Leaked Online Before Official Launch - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen