Sexy in a Tuxedo: From Angelina Jolie to Ellen Page - Women Who Ditched Their Gowns and Wore Tuxedos at the Red Carpet [SEE PICTURES]
March 4, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Sexy in a Tuxedo: From Angelina Jolie To Ellen Page - Women Who Ditch Their Gowns and Wear Tuxedos on Red Carpet [SEE PICTURES]
There is something really classy about women wearing men's clothing, especially tuxedos. The new trend that has kicked in the year 2014 is that of stylish girl tuxedos that many Hollywood celebrities have started wearing recently. From Angelina Jolie to Ellen DeGeneres the women have probably gotten bored of their flowing gown look and took to wearing stylish tuxedos at major events. Most of them carry the trend well and have made certain changes to make a boring tux look sexy. Let's find out.
Angelina Jolie probably is the first female celebrity to kick off the trend on the red carpet. All eyes were on her and her partner Brad Pitt when the two walked the red carpet at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London last month. Angie went one step ahead and experimented with an untied bow look. She looked sexy when she just left her bow tie hanging in her neck loosely with a few buttons opened to expose her cleavage. This not only gave her beautiful Saint Laurent tuxedo a very feminine look but also started a new trend of the sexy Angie look. Have a look at the pictures in the slideshow for more details. Angie and Brad turned out in almost matching tuxedos at the event!
Other women who ditched her elegant gown and walked the red carpet at the Academy Awards on Sunday in a tuxedo was "Juno" actress Ellen Page. The 27-year-old Canadian actress looked gorgeous in black Saint Laurent ensemble which had a crisp white dress shirt, a thin tie, oversized blazer, pencil thin pants and boots. The "X-Men" actress decided to let her hair open for that feminine touch.
Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres too turned up in white and black tuxedos at the event. She usually dresses up in male attire so it was not a surprise to see her in that look. So was singer Pharrell William's wife Helen Lasichanh who loves to dress up in tuxedos. She has even experimented with bright pink tux at one of the events. Check out her pictures in the slideshow.
Wherever there is fashion, there are the Kardashians. Kourtney Kardashian was the first one to spot the tuxedo trend and decided to get dressed in one at the Elton John's AIDS charity Oscar party on Sunday. Though Kourtney was overpowered by her scantily clad sisters at the event, she carried the look with great ease and comfort. Check out the pictures in the slideshow for the entire tuxedo dressed women on various red carpets.
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon