Sexy in a Tuxedo: From Angelina Jolie to Ellen Page - Women Who Ditched Their Gowns and Wore Tuxedos at the Red Carpet [SEE PICTURES]
March 4, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Sexy in a Tuxedo: From Angelina Jolie To Ellen Page - Women Who Ditch Their Gowns and Wear Tuxedos on Red Carpet [SEE PICTURES]
There is something really classy about women wearing men's clothing, especially tuxedos. The new trend that has kicked in the year 2014 is that of stylish girl tuxedos that many Hollywood celebrities have started wearing recently. From Angelina Jolie to Ellen DeGeneres the women have probably gotten bored of their flowing gown look and took to wearing stylish tuxedos at major events. Most of them carry the trend well and have made certain changes to make a boring tux look sexy. Let's find out.
Angelina Jolie probably is the first female celebrity to kick off the trend on the red carpet. All eyes were on her and her partner Brad Pitt when the two walked the red carpet at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London last month. Angie went one step ahead and experimented with an untied bow look. She looked sexy when she just left her bow tie hanging in her neck loosely with a few buttons opened to expose her cleavage. This not only gave her beautiful Saint Laurent tuxedo a very feminine look but also started a new trend of the sexy Angie look. Have a look at the pictures in the slideshow for more details. Angie and Brad turned out in almost matching tuxedos at the event!
Other women who ditched her elegant gown and walked the red carpet at the Academy Awards on Sunday in a tuxedo was "Juno" actress Ellen Page. The 27-year-old Canadian actress looked gorgeous in black Saint Laurent ensemble which had a crisp white dress shirt, a thin tie, oversized blazer, pencil thin pants and boots. The "X-Men" actress decided to let her hair open for that feminine touch.
Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres too turned up in white and black tuxedos at the event. She usually dresses up in male attire so it was not a surprise to see her in that look. So was singer Pharrell William's wife Helen Lasichanh who loves to dress up in tuxedos. She has even experimented with bright pink tux at one of the events. Check out her pictures in the slideshow.
Wherever there is fashion, there are the Kardashians. Kourtney Kardashian was the first one to spot the tuxedo trend and decided to get dressed in one at the Elton John's AIDS charity Oscar party on Sunday. Though Kourtney was overpowered by her scantily clad sisters at the event, she carried the look with great ease and comfort. Check out the pictures in the slideshow for the entire tuxedo dressed women on various red carpets.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter