Google Nexus 6 Release Date in September as Nexus 8 Launch in July
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 4, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date may happen in September, as Nexus 8 is rumoured to be launched in July, according to a report.
Tech Thirsty stated that consumers may see a similar Nexus cycle this year, hinting that the Nexus 8 will be released in July, while the Google smartphone will arrive in September or October. This speculation was further strengthened by Google's VP Sundar Pichai's statement that the Google Nexus 6 will not arrive in the first half of 2014.
Nexus 6 concept image
Previous rumours claimed that the Nexus 8 will be released in July replacing last year's Nexus 7 2. The 8-inch tablet is expected to appear in the annual I/O Developers Conference which will be held in San Francisco on June 24. Analysts believe this to be the case. Google is giving Apple a run for its money, as the Nexus 8 will rival the iPad Mini with Retina Display.
The Google Nexus 6, on the other hand, was rumoured to pack the 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800 series chipset known as the Snapdragon 810. A listing spotted at 91mobiles.com showed that the handset will be equipped with a 5.2-inch full-HD curved LCD display, with Corning Gorilla Glass Protection, and will be powered by the upcoming 3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor paired with 3 GB RAM. It will most likely be available in 32/64/128 GB storage variants.
The device's main camera will be 13 MP shooter, while a 5-MP camera is available in the front. The handset is expected to be announced alongside a new Android OS, Android 4.5 or Lollypop. It will also have Bluetooth, NFC, micro-USB, Wi-Fi, and 4G. However, Google has not disclosed any of the official specs and features of the Nexus 6 yet.
It is also unknown which company will take the helm in making the Nexus 6 smartphone. It was previously reported that Motorola and Lenovo will make the handset. The rumour sparked after Lenovo bought Motorola Mobility from Google. However, there are others who say LG could also make a comeback in making the next Nexus smartphone due to its incredible track record for the past two years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change