Astronaut Speaks About His Encounter with UFO [VIDEO]
By Parismita Goswami | March 4, 2014 5:25 PM EST
Leroy Chiao, an astronaut with the NASA, came across Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) in space back in 2005, when he was serving as the commander of the International Space Station (ISS).
Dr. Leroy Chiao
Between October 2004 and April 2005, Chiao was on his space mission and was taking a stroll outside the ISS along with Russian cosmonaut Salizhan Sharipov. While they were installing some navigational antennas at 230 miles above the ground flying at 17,000 miles an hour, something unusual caught Cliao's attention. He saw some lights that were in a line travelling at a higher speed.
"I saw some lights that seemed to be in a line and it was almost like an upside-down check mark, and I saw them fly by and thought it was awfully strange", Huffington Post quoted him saying.
Sharipov didn't see the lights as he was looking the other direction.
"I'm skeptical of claims that we've been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimension, but I don't rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there's other life in the universe. If there is life out there that's so much more advanced than we are and they know either how to travel great distances in short amounts of time, or they're able to come from a parallel universe into ours, why don't they just come and show themselves?", he added.
According to one of the theories of Chiao's UFO sightings, the lights were bright lights from a fishing boat several hundred miles below him. Though it's easy to conclude that Chaio witnessed an alien spacecraft, he refuses to believe it since there isn't any evidence of anyone visiting Earth from another planet.
While Chiao left NASA and moved on to a different career, conspiracy theorists and science fiction fans still stand gazing at the sky wondering if we are the lone planet with life or if aliens do exists.
Check out the video of NASA's UFO footages
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS