Astronaut Speaks About His Encounter with UFO [VIDEO]
By Parismita Goswami | March 4, 2014 5:25 PM EST
Leroy Chiao, an astronaut with the NASA, came across Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) in space back in 2005, when he was serving as the commander of the International Space Station (ISS).
Dr. Leroy Chiao
Between October 2004 and April 2005, Chiao was on his space mission and was taking a stroll outside the ISS along with Russian cosmonaut Salizhan Sharipov. While they were installing some navigational antennas at 230 miles above the ground flying at 17,000 miles an hour, something unusual caught Cliao's attention. He saw some lights that were in a line travelling at a higher speed.
"I saw some lights that seemed to be in a line and it was almost like an upside-down check mark, and I saw them fly by and thought it was awfully strange", Huffington Post quoted him saying.
Sharipov didn't see the lights as he was looking the other direction.
"I'm skeptical of claims that we've been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimension, but I don't rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there's other life in the universe. If there is life out there that's so much more advanced than we are and they know either how to travel great distances in short amounts of time, or they're able to come from a parallel universe into ours, why don't they just come and show themselves?", he added.
According to one of the theories of Chiao's UFO sightings, the lights were bright lights from a fishing boat several hundred miles below him. Though it's easy to conclude that Chaio witnessed an alien spacecraft, he refuses to believe it since there isn't any evidence of anyone visiting Earth from another planet.
While Chiao left NASA and moved on to a different career, conspiracy theorists and science fiction fans still stand gazing at the sky wondering if we are the lone planet with life or if aliens do exists.
Check out the video of NASA's UFO footages
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Yuka, A Woolly Mammoth, Is Just 39,000 Years Young, And Wears A Reddish Coat
- Army Of Moonwalkers May Soon Be Ready As Michael Jackson Reportedly Cloned Himself Before Death
- Social Media Conspiracy Fires Up Due To Ancient Engraving On Mars [Watch Video]
- Virgin Atlantic Space Tourism Rocket Crashes At Test Flight, 1 Dead
- Nanoplug Invisible Hearing Aid Comes With High-Tech Features And Nano-Battery That Recharges Instantaneously
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists