Astronaut Speaks About His Encounter with UFO [VIDEO]
By Parismita Goswami | March 4, 2014 5:25 PM EST
Leroy Chiao, an astronaut with the NASA, came across Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) in space back in 2005, when he was serving as the commander of the International Space Station (ISS).
Dr. Leroy Chiao
Between October 2004 and April 2005, Chiao was on his space mission and was taking a stroll outside the ISS along with Russian cosmonaut Salizhan Sharipov. While they were installing some navigational antennas at 230 miles above the ground flying at 17,000 miles an hour, something unusual caught Cliao's attention. He saw some lights that were in a line travelling at a higher speed.
"I saw some lights that seemed to be in a line and it was almost like an upside-down check mark, and I saw them fly by and thought it was awfully strange", Huffington Post quoted him saying.
Sharipov didn't see the lights as he was looking the other direction.
"I'm skeptical of claims that we've been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimension, but I don't rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there's other life in the universe. If there is life out there that's so much more advanced than we are and they know either how to travel great distances in short amounts of time, or they're able to come from a parallel universe into ours, why don't they just come and show themselves?", he added.
According to one of the theories of Chiao's UFO sightings, the lights were bright lights from a fishing boat several hundred miles below him. Though it's easy to conclude that Chaio witnessed an alien spacecraft, he refuses to believe it since there isn't any evidence of anyone visiting Earth from another planet.
While Chiao left NASA and moved on to a different career, conspiracy theorists and science fiction fans still stand gazing at the sky wondering if we are the lone planet with life or if aliens do exists.
Check out the video of NASA's UFO footages
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- NASA: Early Earth Likely To Have Been Hit By Giant Asteroids
- Changes in Global Vegetation to Be Tracked Through Two New Instruments: NASA
- Hair Iron Could Spell the Future of Instant Hair Colour - US Engineers [Watch Video]
- NASA to Unveil Mars 2020 Rover Instruments
- Brown Fat Reduces Obesity, Diabetes Risk: Study
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup