iPad Air 2 Release Date Rumour: Waterproof Tablet From Apple Coming Soon?
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 4, 2014 5:14 PM EST
It appears that the tablet market is also joining the trend of waterproof devices. Although in the past, Apple is not keen in joining the bandwagon, it has shown willingness to compete with the growing market, especially for its iPad and iPad Air.
On the other side of the tablet realm, Sony and Samsung Android tablets flourish by showcasing standard upgrades of screen size and speed. Recently, Sony took the game to a whole new level with the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet. The Japanese company dubbed its tablet as the thinnest and lightest tablet not to mention that it can be immersed in water.
After the release of waterproof flagship smartphone from Samsung, the Galaxy S5 featuring the same characteristics as the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, will Apple include waterproof technology on its next generation iPad Air?
If rumours are accurate, the iPad Air 2 release date will happen by the fall of 2014, and it is not likely that Apple will incorporate drastic changes with its next generation iPad Air.
Meanwhile, Apple might push back the release date of the iPad Pro in 2015 to give way and focus on the iPad Air 2.
According to Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, the much awaited 12.9-inch iPad Pro tablet will not come in the summer. Rather the market can expect to see it next year, in 2015. He further said that there might be no iPad Mini 3 for 2014 because of revenue matters.
"Compared with lower-margin iPad mini with Retina display, which shipments has been tepid, higher-margin iPad Air was a hot selling item in 4Q13, which will slow Apple in developing new iPad mini models. We believe Apple plans to launch upgraded iPad Air early this year, and will accelerate development of 12.9" iPad," said Mr Kuo in a recent note to investors via MacRumors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery