‘Ugramm’ Setting New Standards in Sandalwood
By Sahaja K R | March 4, 2014 4:43 PM EST
The recently released Kannada movie "Ugramm" has become the talk of the town. It has received positive reviews from both audiences and the critics. This movie which stars Sri Murali and Haripriya in the lead roles is directed by debut director Prashanth Neel.
Ugramm Facebook Official Page
Poster of Ugramm, a Kannada action film starring Sri Murali.
Neel seems to have impressed the audiences with his unique direction style. This action packed movie which hit the screens on 21 February 2014, seems to be going places. We now hear the chances of remaking "Ugramm" to other languages too, such as Telugu, Tamil and Hindi, but the makers have not confirmed anything yet.
Action-drama films are common in Sandalwood, but "Ugramm" has portrayed this genre in an all new manner by using brilliant cinematography, camera work and screenplay. The young director brought in one of India's best cinematographers, Ravi Varman. This film marks Varman's entry into the Kannada film industry. The team used 8 different cameras to suit different scenes and is finally carved into a perfect picture.
"Ugramm" is not a solo show, the entire team can take the credit for the success of this movie. The lead actor Sri Murali has given a power packed performance in this film. "Ugramm" is said to be a comeback movie for Sri Murali. Apart from the lead actors, other important roles in the film are played by Tilak Shekar, Atul Kulkarni, Avinash, Jai Jagadish and Padmaja Rao. These supporting roles too have contributed well to this movie, which is already said to be a success.
There have been thunderous applauds for the film, especially on the technical front and the background music. Facebook is flooded with posts and comments praising "Ugramm."
The film's trailer which was launched in November promised us a film that will be high on action and dialogue delivery and now it looks like the team has kept up to the expectations.
Many audiences feel that with "Ugramm" hitting the theatres, the Kannada film industry has stepped into a new level. The entire team of "Ugramm" has put their heart and soul into this movie and it has paid off.
Sri Murali, who is the brother-in-law of the new director, is on a promotion spree for this film and he is now extremely glad to see everyone appreciating the film.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate