‘Ugramm’ Setting New Standards in Sandalwood
By Sahaja K R | March 4, 2014 4:43 PM EST
The recently released Kannada movie "Ugramm" has become the talk of the town. It has received positive reviews from both audiences and the critics. This movie which stars Sri Murali and Haripriya in the lead roles is directed by debut director Prashanth Neel.
Ugramm Facebook Official Page
Poster of Ugramm, a Kannada action film starring Sri Murali.
Neel seems to have impressed the audiences with his unique direction style. This action packed movie which hit the screens on 21 February 2014, seems to be going places. We now hear the chances of remaking "Ugramm" to other languages too, such as Telugu, Tamil and Hindi, but the makers have not confirmed anything yet.
Action-drama films are common in Sandalwood, but "Ugramm" has portrayed this genre in an all new manner by using brilliant cinematography, camera work and screenplay. The young director brought in one of India's best cinematographers, Ravi Varman. This film marks Varman's entry into the Kannada film industry. The team used 8 different cameras to suit different scenes and is finally carved into a perfect picture.
"Ugramm" is not a solo show, the entire team can take the credit for the success of this movie. The lead actor Sri Murali has given a power packed performance in this film. "Ugramm" is said to be a comeback movie for Sri Murali. Apart from the lead actors, other important roles in the film are played by Tilak Shekar, Atul Kulkarni, Avinash, Jai Jagadish and Padmaja Rao. These supporting roles too have contributed well to this movie, which is already said to be a success.
There have been thunderous applauds for the film, especially on the technical front and the background music. Facebook is flooded with posts and comments praising "Ugramm."
The film's trailer which was launched in November promised us a film that will be high on action and dialogue delivery and now it looks like the team has kept up to the expectations.
Many audiences feel that with "Ugramm" hitting the theatres, the Kannada film industry has stepped into a new level. The entire team of "Ugramm" has put their heart and soul into this movie and it has paid off.
Sri Murali, who is the brother-in-law of the new director, is on a promotion spree for this film and he is now extremely glad to see everyone appreciating the film.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates