‘Ugramm’ Setting New Standards in Sandalwood
By Sahaja K R | March 4, 2014 4:43 PM EST
The recently released Kannada movie "Ugramm" has become the talk of the town. It has received positive reviews from both audiences and the critics. This movie which stars Sri Murali and Haripriya in the lead roles is directed by debut director Prashanth Neel.
Ugramm Facebook Official Page
Poster of Ugramm, a Kannada action film starring Sri Murali.
Neel seems to have impressed the audiences with his unique direction style. This action packed movie which hit the screens on 21 February 2014, seems to be going places. We now hear the chances of remaking "Ugramm" to other languages too, such as Telugu, Tamil and Hindi, but the makers have not confirmed anything yet.
Action-drama films are common in Sandalwood, but "Ugramm" has portrayed this genre in an all new manner by using brilliant cinematography, camera work and screenplay. The young director brought in one of India's best cinematographers, Ravi Varman. This film marks Varman's entry into the Kannada film industry. The team used 8 different cameras to suit different scenes and is finally carved into a perfect picture.
"Ugramm" is not a solo show, the entire team can take the credit for the success of this movie. The lead actor Sri Murali has given a power packed performance in this film. "Ugramm" is said to be a comeback movie for Sri Murali. Apart from the lead actors, other important roles in the film are played by Tilak Shekar, Atul Kulkarni, Avinash, Jai Jagadish and Padmaja Rao. These supporting roles too have contributed well to this movie, which is already said to be a success.
There have been thunderous applauds for the film, especially on the technical front and the background music. Facebook is flooded with posts and comments praising "Ugramm."
The film's trailer which was launched in November promised us a film that will be high on action and dialogue delivery and now it looks like the team has kept up to the expectations.
Many audiences feel that with "Ugramm" hitting the theatres, the Kannada film industry has stepped into a new level. The entire team of "Ugramm" has put their heart and soul into this movie and it has paid off.
Sri Murali, who is the brother-in-law of the new director, is on a promotion spree for this film and he is now extremely glad to see everyone appreciating the film.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks