Samsung Galaxy Note 8 vs. Sony Xperia Z Ultra Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | March 4, 2014 3:20 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with an 8 inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 800 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with a 6.4 inch capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with 210.8 x 135.9 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 338 grams. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm dimensions and weighs 212 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8274 or MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android platform and come loaded with the Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 4600 mAh battery whereas the Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3050 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 16 GB variant with 3G and Wi-Fi is priced at around AU $439.95. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802 is priced at around AU $549.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Sony Xperia Z2 vs. Xperia Z1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
LG G Pro 2 vs. Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 Specs Comparison [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015