'Man of Steel 2' Wonder Woman Costume: Film Sequel's Costume Designer Michael Wilkinson Tease Gal Gadot Will Have a 'Gladiator'-Inspired Look
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Actress Gal Gadot is set to become Wonder Woman in the “Man of Steel 2” film wearing a costume that offers a “Gladiator”-inspired look. The latest costume reports claim Michael Wilkinson, the upcoming film’s costume designer, teased about the Wonder Woman costume having a grand makeover from the “skimpy outfits” to a more warrior-looking-ready-for-battle design.
"I mean, you just have to look at the gladiators from ancient Rome; they did their thing in little loincloths, and a spear and a shield. It works for Thor, it works for 300 - so let's see what happens," Michael Wilkinson recently shared to The Wrap.
The costume designer further added in the Design & Trend report that working on the costume of the iconic comic character became a "thrilling and scary" experience for him. "It's so important to get her right. She really deserves to be presented on screen in her full glory," Mr Wilkinson explained.
In the Mary Sue report, Mr Wilkinson revealed that he took a look first at how Wonder Woman got presented in the comic books, the big screen and the small screen. "We process it all. Then we kind of put that aside and work out what is right for our film, for the cinematic universe that our director Zack Snyder is putting together. We try and create a Wonder Woman that's relevant for today's audiences," the costume designer revealed.
The 28-year-old "Fast and Furious 6" star has signed up for a three-picture deal with Warner Bros where the Israeli actress will earn $300,000 per film as Wonder Woman. Film director Zack Snyder shared his thoughts on casting Gal Gadot in the "Man of Steel" movie sequel in the midst of criticisms that the actress is too thin to portray the character.
"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character," director Zack Snyder declared in a released statement.
"Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" film is scheduled to hit cinemas on May 6, 2016.
More articles to read:
'Man of Steel 2' Costumes Reveal Pushed Back to March? Seth Green Expressed Disappointment on Casting Ben Affleck as Batman in Movie Sequel - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: 'Fruitvale Station' Actor Michael B. Jordan Talked to Director Zack Snyder for a Role in Movie Sequel? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness