'Man of Steel 2' Wonder Woman Costume: Film Sequel's Costume Designer Michael Wilkinson Tease Gal Gadot Will Have a 'Gladiator'-Inspired Look
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Actress Gal Gadot is set to become Wonder Woman in the “Man of Steel 2” film wearing a costume that offers a “Gladiator”-inspired look. The latest costume reports claim Michael Wilkinson, the upcoming film’s costume designer, teased about the Wonder Woman costume having a grand makeover from the “skimpy outfits” to a more warrior-looking-ready-for-battle design.
"I mean, you just have to look at the gladiators from ancient Rome; they did their thing in little loincloths, and a spear and a shield. It works for Thor, it works for 300 - so let's see what happens," Michael Wilkinson recently shared to The Wrap.
The costume designer further added in the Design & Trend report that working on the costume of the iconic comic character became a "thrilling and scary" experience for him. "It's so important to get her right. She really deserves to be presented on screen in her full glory," Mr Wilkinson explained.
In the Mary Sue report, Mr Wilkinson revealed that he took a look first at how Wonder Woman got presented in the comic books, the big screen and the small screen. "We process it all. Then we kind of put that aside and work out what is right for our film, for the cinematic universe that our director Zack Snyder is putting together. We try and create a Wonder Woman that's relevant for today's audiences," the costume designer revealed.
The 28-year-old "Fast and Furious 6" star has signed up for a three-picture deal with Warner Bros where the Israeli actress will earn $300,000 per film as Wonder Woman. Film director Zack Snyder shared his thoughts on casting Gal Gadot in the "Man of Steel" movie sequel in the midst of criticisms that the actress is too thin to portray the character.
"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character," director Zack Snyder declared in a released statement.
"Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" film is scheduled to hit cinemas on May 6, 2016.
More articles to read:
'Man of Steel 2' Costumes Reveal Pushed Back to March? Seth Green Expressed Disappointment on Casting Ben Affleck as Batman in Movie Sequel - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: 'Fruitvale Station' Actor Michael B. Jordan Talked to Director Zack Snyder for a Role in Movie Sequel? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand