'Man of Steel 2' Wonder Woman Costume: Film Sequel's Costume Designer Michael Wilkinson Tease Gal Gadot Will Have a 'Gladiator'-Inspired Look
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2014 3:06 PM EST
Actress Gal Gadot is set to become Wonder Woman in the “Man of Steel 2” film wearing a costume that offers a “Gladiator”-inspired look. The latest costume reports claim Michael Wilkinson, the upcoming film’s costume designer, teased about the Wonder Woman costume having a grand makeover from the “skimpy outfits” to a more warrior-looking-ready-for-battle design.
"I mean, you just have to look at the gladiators from ancient Rome; they did their thing in little loincloths, and a spear and a shield. It works for Thor, it works for 300 - so let's see what happens," Michael Wilkinson recently shared to The Wrap.
The costume designer further added in the Design & Trend report that working on the costume of the iconic comic character became a "thrilling and scary" experience for him. "It's so important to get her right. She really deserves to be presented on screen in her full glory," Mr Wilkinson explained.
In the Mary Sue report, Mr Wilkinson revealed that he took a look first at how Wonder Woman got presented in the comic books, the big screen and the small screen. "We process it all. Then we kind of put that aside and work out what is right for our film, for the cinematic universe that our director Zack Snyder is putting together. We try and create a Wonder Woman that's relevant for today's audiences," the costume designer revealed.
The 28-year-old "Fast and Furious 6" star has signed up for a three-picture deal with Warner Bros where the Israeli actress will earn $300,000 per film as Wonder Woman. Film director Zack Snyder shared his thoughts on casting Gal Gadot in the "Man of Steel" movie sequel in the midst of criticisms that the actress is too thin to portray the character.
"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character," director Zack Snyder declared in a released statement.
"Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" film is scheduled to hit cinemas on May 6, 2016.
More articles to read:
'Man of Steel 2' Costumes Reveal Pushed Back to March? Seth Green Expressed Disappointment on Casting Ben Affleck as Batman in Movie Sequel - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: 'Fruitvale Station' Actor Michael B. Jordan Talked to Director Zack Snyder for a Role in Movie Sequel? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments