NBA Predictions: High-Scoring Game in Portland, Kings Beat Pelicans
By James Patrick Quizon | March 4, 2014 1:30 PM EST
Only one contender will be playing in late Monday games in the NBA. But the matches are no less interesting with curious sports betting odds between the teams. Can the lowly Los Angeles Lakers at least cover against the running and gunning Portland Trail Blazers? Which is the worst team between New Orleans and Sacramento? Can the Pelicans beat the 4.5 spread as an underdog?
NBA: Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Lakers (+12) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (O/U: 222.5)
Game time: 1:00 pm AEDT
In a battle between the scrubs of Los Angeles and the stars of Portland a 12-point line against the spread (ATS) could be too low. Then again, the Los Angeles team this year has been so atrocious that even a dozen ATS line could just be a pick ‘em for Portland.
Curiously, it is L.A. which has the upper hand in recent meetings with the Lakers winning 3 of the last 4 meetings and 5 of the last 7. Of course, that was when some of the Lakers stars were playing.
The last meeting between these two teams, Portland beat Los Angeles, 114-108. LaMarcus Aldridge led the way with 27 points and 9 rebounds. Robin Lopez added a double-double of 12 points and 12 rebounds. Damian Lillard also played well with 26 points and 9 assists.
Prediction: Portland Trail Blazers 125, Los Angeles Lakers 110
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Northwest teams
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Trail Blazers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games at home
- The Trail Blazers are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games vs. the Lakers
- The Trail Blazers are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. the Lakers in Portland
Betting Lines: New Orleans Pelicans (+4.5) vs. Sacramento Kings (O/U: 204.5)
Game time: 1:00 pm AEDT
New Orleans center Anthony Davis is expected to play despite some pain in his right shoulder. That’s still bad news for the Kings, which looks to avoid a fourth straight loss. The good news for Sacramento is that the Pelicans are also mired in a longer losing skid (seven straight losses).
In a battle between lottery teams, pick the road team against the spread, home team for moneyline and hit the middle.
Prediction: Sacramento Kings 104, New Orleans Pelicans 101
New Orleans Pelicans Trends
- The Pelicans are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Pelicans are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 games vs. Pacific teams
- The Pelicans are 1-6-2 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
Sacramento Kings Trends
- The Kings are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Kings are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
- The Kings are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon