NBA Predictions: High-Scoring Game in Portland, Kings Beat Pelicans
By James Patrick Quizon | March 4, 2014 1:30 PM EST
Only one contender will be playing in late Monday games in the NBA. But the matches are no less interesting with curious sports betting odds between the teams. Can the lowly Los Angeles Lakers at least cover against the running and gunning Portland Trail Blazers? Which is the worst team between New Orleans and Sacramento? Can the Pelicans beat the 4.5 spread as an underdog?
NBA: Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Lakers (+12) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (O/U: 222.5)
Game time: 1:00 pm AEDT
In a battle between the scrubs of Los Angeles and the stars of Portland a 12-point line against the spread (ATS) could be too low. Then again, the Los Angeles team this year has been so atrocious that even a dozen ATS line could just be a pick ‘em for Portland.
Curiously, it is L.A. which has the upper hand in recent meetings with the Lakers winning 3 of the last 4 meetings and 5 of the last 7. Of course, that was when some of the Lakers stars were playing.
The last meeting between these two teams, Portland beat Los Angeles, 114-108. LaMarcus Aldridge led the way with 27 points and 9 rebounds. Robin Lopez added a double-double of 12 points and 12 rebounds. Damian Lillard also played well with 26 points and 9 assists.
Prediction: Portland Trail Blazers 125, Los Angeles Lakers 110
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Northwest teams
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Trail Blazers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games at home
- The Trail Blazers are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games vs. the Lakers
- The Trail Blazers are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. the Lakers in Portland
Betting Lines: New Orleans Pelicans (+4.5) vs. Sacramento Kings (O/U: 204.5)
Game time: 1:00 pm AEDT
New Orleans center Anthony Davis is expected to play despite some pain in his right shoulder. That’s still bad news for the Kings, which looks to avoid a fourth straight loss. The good news for Sacramento is that the Pelicans are also mired in a longer losing skid (seven straight losses).
In a battle between lottery teams, pick the road team against the spread, home team for moneyline and hit the middle.
Prediction: Sacramento Kings 104, New Orleans Pelicans 101
New Orleans Pelicans Trends
- The Pelicans are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Pelicans are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 games vs. Pacific teams
- The Pelicans are 1-6-2 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
Sacramento Kings Trends
- The Kings are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Kings are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
- The Kings are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff