NBA Predictions: High-Scoring Game in Portland, Kings Beat Pelicans
By James Patrick Quizon | March 4, 2014 1:30 PM EST
Only one contender will be playing in late Monday games in the NBA. But the matches are no less interesting with curious sports betting odds between the teams. Can the lowly Los Angeles Lakers at least cover against the running and gunning Portland Trail Blazers? Which is the worst team between New Orleans and Sacramento? Can the Pelicans beat the 4.5 spread as an underdog?
NBA: Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
Betting Lines: Los Angeles Lakers (+12) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (O/U: 222.5)
Game time: 1:00 pm AEDT
In a battle between the scrubs of Los Angeles and the stars of Portland a 12-point line against the spread (ATS) could be too low. Then again, the Los Angeles team this year has been so atrocious that even a dozen ATS line could just be a pick ‘em for Portland.
Curiously, it is L.A. which has the upper hand in recent meetings with the Lakers winning 3 of the last 4 meetings and 5 of the last 7. Of course, that was when some of the Lakers stars were playing.
The last meeting between these two teams, Portland beat Los Angeles, 114-108. LaMarcus Aldridge led the way with 27 points and 9 rebounds. Robin Lopez added a double-double of 12 points and 12 rebounds. Damian Lillard also played well with 26 points and 9 assists.
Prediction: Portland Trail Blazers 125, Los Angeles Lakers 110
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Lakers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Northwest teams
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Trail Blazers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games at home
- The Trail Blazers are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games vs. the Lakers
- The Trail Blazers are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games vs. the Lakers in Portland
Betting Lines: New Orleans Pelicans (+4.5) vs. Sacramento Kings (O/U: 204.5)
Game time: 1:00 pm AEDT
New Orleans center Anthony Davis is expected to play despite some pain in his right shoulder. That’s still bad news for the Kings, which looks to avoid a fourth straight loss. The good news for Sacramento is that the Pelicans are also mired in a longer losing skid (seven straight losses).
In a battle between lottery teams, pick the road team against the spread, home team for moneyline and hit the middle.
Prediction: Sacramento Kings 104, New Orleans Pelicans 101
New Orleans Pelicans Trends
- The Pelicans are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Pelicans are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 games vs. Pacific teams
- The Pelicans are 1-6-2 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
Sacramento Kings Trends
- The Kings are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Kings are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
- The Kings are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report