UFO Sighting: Astronaut Leroy Chiao Finally Speaks Up on UFO Sighting During Spacewalk Back in 2005
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2014 1:28 PM EST
Astronaut Leroy Chiao witnessed UFOs during a spacewalk outside of the International Space Station (ISS) back in 2005. The pioneering astronaut, who served as commander of the ISS nine years ago, finally speaks up on the UFO sighting that he experienced.
From October 2004 to April 2005, Leroy Chiao stayed at the International Space Station to carry out a space mission. According to the Liberty Voice report, the astronaut took a stroll outside of the ISS with Russian cosmonaut Salizhan Sharipov to install the navigational antennas at 230 miles above the Earth and 17,000 miles per hour speed.
It was at that time when Leroy Chiao noticed some lights flew by at a faster speed. "I saw some lights that seemed to be in a line and it was almost like an upside-down check mark, and I saw them fly by and thought it was awfully strange," Mr Chiao recounted to The Huffington Post.
Did Mr Chiao's Russian colleague saw the lights that went by them? The answer is he was not able to because he was looking at the opposite direction.
According to the theory that has been offered for the astronaut's UFO sightings outside of the ISS, the lights that Mr Chiao saw came from the bright lights of a fishing boat located at hundreds of miles beneath him. It is more convincing to hear that the astronaut saw a spacecraft at that time but Mr Chiao revealed that he does not believe there has been any substantial evidence proving a controlled spacecraft visited planet Earth.
"I'm skeptical of claims that we've been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimension, but I don't rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there's other life in the universe. If there is life out there that's so much more advanced than we are and they know either how to travel great distances in short amounts of time, or they're able to come from a parallel universe into ours, why don't they just come and show themselves?" the astronaut explained.
In the Malaysian Digest report, an upcoming program on the Science Channel will be featuring astronaut Leroy Chiao's UFO sighting experience as one of the numerous stories to be told. The UFO sighting outside of the ISS launches the program "NASA's Unexplained Files" as part of the Science Channel's "Are We Alone?" week-long series that commenced on Sunday, March 2.
Other presentations also included at the "Are We Along?" series are "Close Encounters" which focuses on the unsolved UFO stories and reports coming from around the globe, "Alien Planet Earths" and "Through The Wormhole With Morgan Freeman" which will give answers to the question "Is God An Alien Concept?"
More Articles to Read:
UFO Sightings: Two Witnesses Filed Report to MUFON About Hovering Black Discs in West Greenwich, Rhode Island - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28