UFO Sighting: Astronaut Leroy Chiao Finally Speaks Up on UFO Sighting During Spacewalk Back in 2005
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2014 1:28 PM EST
Astronaut Leroy Chiao witnessed UFOs during a spacewalk outside of the International Space Station (ISS) back in 2005. The pioneering astronaut, who served as commander of the ISS nine years ago, finally speaks up on the UFO sighting that he experienced.
From October 2004 to April 2005, Leroy Chiao stayed at the International Space Station to carry out a space mission. According to the Liberty Voice report, the astronaut took a stroll outside of the ISS with Russian cosmonaut Salizhan Sharipov to install the navigational antennas at 230 miles above the Earth and 17,000 miles per hour speed.
It was at that time when Leroy Chiao noticed some lights flew by at a faster speed. "I saw some lights that seemed to be in a line and it was almost like an upside-down check mark, and I saw them fly by and thought it was awfully strange," Mr Chiao recounted to The Huffington Post.
Did Mr Chiao's Russian colleague saw the lights that went by them? The answer is he was not able to because he was looking at the opposite direction.
According to the theory that has been offered for the astronaut's UFO sightings outside of the ISS, the lights that Mr Chiao saw came from the bright lights of a fishing boat located at hundreds of miles beneath him. It is more convincing to hear that the astronaut saw a spacecraft at that time but Mr Chiao revealed that he does not believe there has been any substantial evidence proving a controlled spacecraft visited planet Earth.
"I'm skeptical of claims that we've been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimension, but I don't rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there's other life in the universe. If there is life out there that's so much more advanced than we are and they know either how to travel great distances in short amounts of time, or they're able to come from a parallel universe into ours, why don't they just come and show themselves?" the astronaut explained.
In the Malaysian Digest report, an upcoming program on the Science Channel will be featuring astronaut Leroy Chiao's UFO sighting experience as one of the numerous stories to be told. The UFO sighting outside of the ISS launches the program "NASA's Unexplained Files" as part of the Science Channel's "Are We Alone?" week-long series that commenced on Sunday, March 2.
Other presentations also included at the "Are We Along?" series are "Close Encounters" which focuses on the unsolved UFO stories and reports coming from around the globe, "Alien Planet Earths" and "Through The Wormhole With Morgan Freeman" which will give answers to the question "Is God An Alien Concept?"
More Articles to Read:
UFO Sightings: Two Witnesses Filed Report to MUFON About Hovering Black Discs in West Greenwich, Rhode Island - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3