Scarlett Johansson Pregnant, Expecting First Child with Fiancé Romain Dauriac
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 4, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Just six months after Scarlett Johansson and fiancé Romain Dauriac announced that they are engaged, a news report confirmed that the Oscar-nominated actress is expecting her first child.
U.S. actress Scarlett Johansson and her partner Romain Dauriac pose as they arrive for the 39th Cesar Awards ceremony in Paris February 28, 2014. Picture taken February 28, 2014.
Johansson and Dauriac went public with their relationship in Nov. 2012. About a month after Dauriac proposed to Johansson with a vintage Art Deco style ring in Oct. 2013, their engagement was officially announced by People.
"I'm not doing any wedding planning," Johansson said with a smile during an appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014. Johansson also said that exchanging vows with Dauriac is "far off" from her mind at the moment.
Johansson is about to get married again, but no date was revealed yet. Johansson got a divorce after three years of marriage with Ryan Reynolds, who's now remarried to "Gossip Girl" actress Blake Lively.
Johansson and Dauriac got together roughly after a year.
Daily Mail reported how Johansson met her French journalist fiancé. The 28-year-old actress met 31-year-old journalist through a French tattoo artist named Fuzi Uvtpk. Dauriac have been the editor of French urban art magazine "Clark" before becoming the manager of a creative agency. The two bonded together through their love of art.
The French tattoo artist inked a horseshoe on Johansson's ribcage with a message that says "Lucky You," and her boyfriend was believed to have gotten one that reads "Lost Illusions."
The engagement, though, came as a surprise since Johansson was caught quoting before on Elle UK that she wasn't planning to get married soon.
"It's really not important to me," Johansson said. "The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?'"
"I would like to have my own family, that would be nice," Johansson said. "They say it's never the right time and I am sure that's true, but I think you have to plan it like anything else."
And now, even with conflicting statements, the actress got her wish. Congratulations poured in as multiple sources close to Scarlett Johansson confirmed to E! News that she is, indeed, expecting her first child with fiancé Romain Dauriac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports