Scarlett Johansson Pregnant, Expecting First Child with Fiancé Romain Dauriac
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 4, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Just six months after Scarlett Johansson and fiancé Romain Dauriac announced that they are engaged, a news report confirmed that the Oscar-nominated actress is expecting her first child.
U.S. actress Scarlett Johansson and her partner Romain Dauriac pose as they arrive for the 39th Cesar Awards ceremony in Paris February 28, 2014. Picture taken February 28, 2014.
Johansson and Dauriac went public with their relationship in Nov. 2012. About a month after Dauriac proposed to Johansson with a vintage Art Deco style ring in Oct. 2013, their engagement was officially announced by People.
"I'm not doing any wedding planning," Johansson said with a smile during an appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014. Johansson also said that exchanging vows with Dauriac is "far off" from her mind at the moment.
Johansson is about to get married again, but no date was revealed yet. Johansson got a divorce after three years of marriage with Ryan Reynolds, who's now remarried to "Gossip Girl" actress Blake Lively.
Johansson and Dauriac got together roughly after a year.
Daily Mail reported how Johansson met her French journalist fiancé. The 28-year-old actress met 31-year-old journalist through a French tattoo artist named Fuzi Uvtpk. Dauriac have been the editor of French urban art magazine "Clark" before becoming the manager of a creative agency. The two bonded together through their love of art.
The French tattoo artist inked a horseshoe on Johansson's ribcage with a message that says "Lucky You," and her boyfriend was believed to have gotten one that reads "Lost Illusions."
The engagement, though, came as a surprise since Johansson was caught quoting before on Elle UK that she wasn't planning to get married soon.
"It's really not important to me," Johansson said. "The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?'"
"I would like to have my own family, that would be nice," Johansson said. "They say it's never the right time and I am sure that's true, but I think you have to plan it like anything else."
And now, even with conflicting statements, the actress got her wish. Congratulations poured in as multiple sources close to Scarlett Johansson confirmed to E! News that she is, indeed, expecting her first child with fiancé Romain Dauriac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family