Scarlett Johansson Pregnant, Expecting First Child with Fiancé Romain Dauriac
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 4, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Just six months after Scarlett Johansson and fiancé Romain Dauriac announced that they are engaged, a news report confirmed that the Oscar-nominated actress is expecting her first child.
U.S. actress Scarlett Johansson and her partner Romain Dauriac pose as they arrive for the 39th Cesar Awards ceremony in Paris February 28, 2014. Picture taken February 28, 2014.
Johansson and Dauriac went public with their relationship in Nov. 2012. About a month after Dauriac proposed to Johansson with a vintage Art Deco style ring in Oct. 2013, their engagement was officially announced by People.
"I'm not doing any wedding planning," Johansson said with a smile during an appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014. Johansson also said that exchanging vows with Dauriac is "far off" from her mind at the moment.
Johansson is about to get married again, but no date was revealed yet. Johansson got a divorce after three years of marriage with Ryan Reynolds, who's now remarried to "Gossip Girl" actress Blake Lively.
Johansson and Dauriac got together roughly after a year.
Daily Mail reported how Johansson met her French journalist fiancé. The 28-year-old actress met 31-year-old journalist through a French tattoo artist named Fuzi Uvtpk. Dauriac have been the editor of French urban art magazine "Clark" before becoming the manager of a creative agency. The two bonded together through their love of art.
The French tattoo artist inked a horseshoe on Johansson's ribcage with a message that says "Lucky You," and her boyfriend was believed to have gotten one that reads "Lost Illusions."
The engagement, though, came as a surprise since Johansson was caught quoting before on Elle UK that she wasn't planning to get married soon.
"It's really not important to me," Johansson said. "The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?'"
"I would like to have my own family, that would be nice," Johansson said. "They say it's never the right time and I am sure that's true, but I think you have to plan it like anything else."
And now, even with conflicting statements, the actress got her wish. Congratulations poured in as multiple sources close to Scarlett Johansson confirmed to E! News that she is, indeed, expecting her first child with fiancé Romain Dauriac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales