Scarlett Johansson Pregnant, Expecting First Child with Fiancé Romain Dauriac
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 4, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Just six months after Scarlett Johansson and fiancé Romain Dauriac announced that they are engaged, a news report confirmed that the Oscar-nominated actress is expecting her first child.
U.S. actress Scarlett Johansson and her partner Romain Dauriac pose as they arrive for the 39th Cesar Awards ceremony in Paris February 28, 2014. Picture taken February 28, 2014.
Johansson and Dauriac went public with their relationship in Nov. 2012. About a month after Dauriac proposed to Johansson with a vintage Art Deco style ring in Oct. 2013, their engagement was officially announced by People.
"I'm not doing any wedding planning," Johansson said with a smile during an appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014. Johansson also said that exchanging vows with Dauriac is "far off" from her mind at the moment.
Johansson is about to get married again, but no date was revealed yet. Johansson got a divorce after three years of marriage with Ryan Reynolds, who's now remarried to "Gossip Girl" actress Blake Lively.
Johansson and Dauriac got together roughly after a year.
Daily Mail reported how Johansson met her French journalist fiancé. The 28-year-old actress met 31-year-old journalist through a French tattoo artist named Fuzi Uvtpk. Dauriac have been the editor of French urban art magazine "Clark" before becoming the manager of a creative agency. The two bonded together through their love of art.
The French tattoo artist inked a horseshoe on Johansson's ribcage with a message that says "Lucky You," and her boyfriend was believed to have gotten one that reads "Lost Illusions."
The engagement, though, came as a surprise since Johansson was caught quoting before on Elle UK that she wasn't planning to get married soon.
"It's really not important to me," Johansson said. "The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?'"
"I would like to have my own family, that would be nice," Johansson said. "They say it's never the right time and I am sure that's true, but I think you have to plan it like anything else."
And now, even with conflicting statements, the actress got her wish. Congratulations poured in as multiple sources close to Scarlett Johansson confirmed to E! News that she is, indeed, expecting her first child with fiancé Romain Dauriac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools