Scarlett Johansson Pregnant, Expecting First Child with Fiancé Romain Dauriac
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 4, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Just six months after Scarlett Johansson and fiancé Romain Dauriac announced that they are engaged, a news report confirmed that the Oscar-nominated actress is expecting her first child.
U.S. actress Scarlett Johansson and her partner Romain Dauriac pose as they arrive for the 39th Cesar Awards ceremony in Paris February 28, 2014. Picture taken February 28, 2014.
Johansson and Dauriac went public with their relationship in Nov. 2012. About a month after Dauriac proposed to Johansson with a vintage Art Deco style ring in Oct. 2013, their engagement was officially announced by People.
"I'm not doing any wedding planning," Johansson said with a smile during an appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014. Johansson also said that exchanging vows with Dauriac is "far off" from her mind at the moment.
Johansson is about to get married again, but no date was revealed yet. Johansson got a divorce after three years of marriage with Ryan Reynolds, who's now remarried to "Gossip Girl" actress Blake Lively.
Johansson and Dauriac got together roughly after a year.
Daily Mail reported how Johansson met her French journalist fiancé. The 28-year-old actress met 31-year-old journalist through a French tattoo artist named Fuzi Uvtpk. Dauriac have been the editor of French urban art magazine "Clark" before becoming the manager of a creative agency. The two bonded together through their love of art.
The French tattoo artist inked a horseshoe on Johansson's ribcage with a message that says "Lucky You," and her boyfriend was believed to have gotten one that reads "Lost Illusions."
The engagement, though, came as a surprise since Johansson was caught quoting before on Elle UK that she wasn't planning to get married soon.
"It's really not important to me," Johansson said. "The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?'"
"I would like to have my own family, that would be nice," Johansson said. "They say it's never the right time and I am sure that's true, but I think you have to plan it like anything else."
And now, even with conflicting statements, the actress got her wish. Congratulations poured in as multiple sources close to Scarlett Johansson confirmed to E! News that she is, indeed, expecting her first child with fiancé Romain Dauriac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money