Oscars 2014: Match Made in Heaven—Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto Both win Best Supporting Awards!
By charmaine corne clutton | March 4, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Last March 2, the most prestigious film awards was held in the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Stars arrived on the red carpet with their designer suits and gowns, much to the happiness of shutterbugs scattered all over the red carpet. For this year's Academy awards, the main titles such as Best Actor in a Leading Role was won by Matthew McConaughey for "Dallas Buyers Club" and his counterpart is Cate Blanchett for "Blue Jasmine".
However, the awards for Best Supporting Actor and Actress were bagged by Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o respectively. Match made in heaven? The two were rumored to be dating after countless sightings together by photographers. After the Golden Globes awards (in which the two also bagged awards for Best Supporting), Jared Leto apparently got pretty upclose with Lupita, with his hand around her toned waist.
Now that they've won the same award in the most prestigious awards night, could Jared Leto gravitate towards Lupita more?
The rumor mill churned once more after the Independent Spirit Awards, when Jared Leto thanked Lupita Nyong'o in his acceptance speech saying, "thanks to my future ex-wife Lupita." Lupita had chosen to keep quiet and neither denied the affair in her guesting on "Ellen." The "12 Years a Slave" actress even jokingly commented that Miley Cyrus was the cause of her and Leto's break-up.
"It's crazy, cause when I read these rumors, they're so detailed that even I start to question whether they're true or not," she said. "I know I've believed them in the past and now I guess I can't believe anything." Lupita said in an interview with Ellen. The actress neither categorically denied or confirmed the blossoming relationship with Jared Leto.
Meanwhile, Leto has been featured on the headlines after rumors of hooking up with wild child Miley Cyrus. According to sources, Miley Cyrus frequents Leto's house. Leto has also been linked to songstress Taylor Swift. Lupita has been previously linked to Chiwetel Ejiofor, the Oscar-nominated actor for "12 Years a Slave".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’