Oscars 2014: Match Made in Heaven—Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto Both win Best Supporting Awards!
By charmaine corne clutton | March 4, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Last March 2, the most prestigious film awards was held in the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Stars arrived on the red carpet with their designer suits and gowns, much to the happiness of shutterbugs scattered all over the red carpet. For this year's Academy awards, the main titles such as Best Actor in a Leading Role was won by Matthew McConaughey for "Dallas Buyers Club" and his counterpart is Cate Blanchett for "Blue Jasmine".
However, the awards for Best Supporting Actor and Actress were bagged by Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o respectively. Match made in heaven? The two were rumored to be dating after countless sightings together by photographers. After the Golden Globes awards (in which the two also bagged awards for Best Supporting), Jared Leto apparently got pretty upclose with Lupita, with his hand around her toned waist.
Now that they've won the same award in the most prestigious awards night, could Jared Leto gravitate towards Lupita more?
The rumor mill churned once more after the Independent Spirit Awards, when Jared Leto thanked Lupita Nyong'o in his acceptance speech saying, "thanks to my future ex-wife Lupita." Lupita had chosen to keep quiet and neither denied the affair in her guesting on "Ellen." The "12 Years a Slave" actress even jokingly commented that Miley Cyrus was the cause of her and Leto's break-up.
"It's crazy, cause when I read these rumors, they're so detailed that even I start to question whether they're true or not," she said. "I know I've believed them in the past and now I guess I can't believe anything." Lupita said in an interview with Ellen. The actress neither categorically denied or confirmed the blossoming relationship with Jared Leto.
Meanwhile, Leto has been featured on the headlines after rumors of hooking up with wild child Miley Cyrus. According to sources, Miley Cyrus frequents Leto's house. Leto has also been linked to songstress Taylor Swift. Lupita has been previously linked to Chiwetel Ejiofor, the Oscar-nominated actor for "12 Years a Slave".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate