Oscars 2014: Match Made in Heaven—Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto Both win Best Supporting Awards!
By charmaine corne clutton | March 4, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Last March 2, the most prestigious film awards was held in the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Stars arrived on the red carpet with their designer suits and gowns, much to the happiness of shutterbugs scattered all over the red carpet. For this year's Academy awards, the main titles such as Best Actor in a Leading Role was won by Matthew McConaughey for "Dallas Buyers Club" and his counterpart is Cate Blanchett for "Blue Jasmine".
However, the awards for Best Supporting Actor and Actress were bagged by Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o respectively. Match made in heaven? The two were rumored to be dating after countless sightings together by photographers. After the Golden Globes awards (in which the two also bagged awards for Best Supporting), Jared Leto apparently got pretty upclose with Lupita, with his hand around her toned waist.
Now that they've won the same award in the most prestigious awards night, could Jared Leto gravitate towards Lupita more?
The rumor mill churned once more after the Independent Spirit Awards, when Jared Leto thanked Lupita Nyong'o in his acceptance speech saying, "thanks to my future ex-wife Lupita." Lupita had chosen to keep quiet and neither denied the affair in her guesting on "Ellen." The "12 Years a Slave" actress even jokingly commented that Miley Cyrus was the cause of her and Leto's break-up.
"It's crazy, cause when I read these rumors, they're so detailed that even I start to question whether they're true or not," she said. "I know I've believed them in the past and now I guess I can't believe anything." Lupita said in an interview with Ellen. The actress neither categorically denied or confirmed the blossoming relationship with Jared Leto.
Meanwhile, Leto has been featured on the headlines after rumors of hooking up with wild child Miley Cyrus. According to sources, Miley Cyrus frequents Leto's house. Leto has also been linked to songstress Taylor Swift. Lupita has been previously linked to Chiwetel Ejiofor, the Oscar-nominated actor for "12 Years a Slave".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy