Oscars 2014: Match Made in Heaven—Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto Both win Best Supporting Awards!
By charmaine corne clutton | March 4, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Last March 2, the most prestigious film awards was held in the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Stars arrived on the red carpet with their designer suits and gowns, much to the happiness of shutterbugs scattered all over the red carpet. For this year's Academy awards, the main titles such as Best Actor in a Leading Role was won by Matthew McConaughey for "Dallas Buyers Club" and his counterpart is Cate Blanchett for "Blue Jasmine".
However, the awards for Best Supporting Actor and Actress were bagged by Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o respectively. Match made in heaven? The two were rumored to be dating after countless sightings together by photographers. After the Golden Globes awards (in which the two also bagged awards for Best Supporting), Jared Leto apparently got pretty upclose with Lupita, with his hand around her toned waist.
Now that they've won the same award in the most prestigious awards night, could Jared Leto gravitate towards Lupita more?
The rumor mill churned once more after the Independent Spirit Awards, when Jared Leto thanked Lupita Nyong'o in his acceptance speech saying, "thanks to my future ex-wife Lupita." Lupita had chosen to keep quiet and neither denied the affair in her guesting on "Ellen." The "12 Years a Slave" actress even jokingly commented that Miley Cyrus was the cause of her and Leto's break-up.
"It's crazy, cause when I read these rumors, they're so detailed that even I start to question whether they're true or not," she said. "I know I've believed them in the past and now I guess I can't believe anything." Lupita said in an interview with Ellen. The actress neither categorically denied or confirmed the blossoming relationship with Jared Leto.
Meanwhile, Leto has been featured on the headlines after rumors of hooking up with wild child Miley Cyrus. According to sources, Miley Cyrus frequents Leto's house. Leto has also been linked to songstress Taylor Swift. Lupita has been previously linked to Chiwetel Ejiofor, the Oscar-nominated actor for "12 Years a Slave".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS