Oscars 2014: Match Made in Heaven—Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto Both win Best Supporting Awards!
By charmaine corne clutton | March 4, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Last March 2, the most prestigious film awards was held in the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Stars arrived on the red carpet with their designer suits and gowns, much to the happiness of shutterbugs scattered all over the red carpet. For this year's Academy awards, the main titles such as Best Actor in a Leading Role was won by Matthew McConaughey for "Dallas Buyers Club" and his counterpart is Cate Blanchett for "Blue Jasmine".
However, the awards for Best Supporting Actor and Actress were bagged by Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o respectively. Match made in heaven? The two were rumored to be dating after countless sightings together by photographers. After the Golden Globes awards (in which the two also bagged awards for Best Supporting), Jared Leto apparently got pretty upclose with Lupita, with his hand around her toned waist.
Now that they've won the same award in the most prestigious awards night, could Jared Leto gravitate towards Lupita more?
The rumor mill churned once more after the Independent Spirit Awards, when Jared Leto thanked Lupita Nyong'o in his acceptance speech saying, "thanks to my future ex-wife Lupita." Lupita had chosen to keep quiet and neither denied the affair in her guesting on "Ellen." The "12 Years a Slave" actress even jokingly commented that Miley Cyrus was the cause of her and Leto's break-up.
"It's crazy, cause when I read these rumors, they're so detailed that even I start to question whether they're true or not," she said. "I know I've believed them in the past and now I guess I can't believe anything." Lupita said in an interview with Ellen. The actress neither categorically denied or confirmed the blossoming relationship with Jared Leto.
Meanwhile, Leto has been featured on the headlines after rumors of hooking up with wild child Miley Cyrus. According to sources, Miley Cyrus frequents Leto's house. Leto has also been linked to songstress Taylor Swift. Lupita has been previously linked to Chiwetel Ejiofor, the Oscar-nominated actor for "12 Years a Slave".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools