Battlefield 4 vs. Call of Duty: Ghosts: Naval Strike DLC and Next COD Info Leaked
By Gel Galang | March 4, 2014 12:07 PM EST
February has come and gone, and it has also introduced Battlefield 4's Second Assault DLC. March comes in bearing leaks of the next expansion pack, the third of the five promised for the season pass, called Naval Strike.
It seems that a late March release date has been pegged for Naval Strike, but already, screenshots of the expansion pack have been revealed.
CVG has gotten its hands on the screens, which you can check at the link. Naval Strike will bring in four maps, five weapons, 10 assignments, the Carrier Assault mode, and an amphibious vehicle.
The Carrier Assault mode, according to IGN, is a revamped version of the Titan Mode from Battlefield 2142, though DICE is yet to reveal the similarities and differences between the two modes.
The report also emphasizes that Battlefield Premium members will be able to access the expansion two weeks before everyone else. With the late March pegged date, this can mean that non-Premium members may get it early April.
Sledgehammer's COD may continue the Modern Warfare series?
With Call of Duty: Ghosts now considered last year's game with the introduction of Sledgehammer as the next developer for 2014's COD game, more rumours and leaks have followed, the latest of which came from Destination PlayStation, an event that is exclusive to publishers.
According to Gamepur, some of the details that have been leaked by Twitter user Lokiolr included the fact that there is a scene for the next Call of Duty game where gamers will find themselves at the Golden Gate bridge.
In addition, Black Smith may be the internal title for now, and that the game has very realistic physics incorporated in the gameplay. Lastly, Sledgehammer's Call of Duty may be the next in the Modern Warfare series.
Note that the Twitter user received the information from his boss and not firsthand. Still, with many other details linked to Sledgehammer's Call of Duty, of which includes the game being next-gen firsthand, it would be exciting to see where Sledgehammer will take the COD series.
Sledgehammer job ads reveal tidbits of next COD
Speaking of Sledgehammer, VG 24/7 has spotted the active recruitment of the studio for the Call of Duty 2014. One of the positions being scouted for includes a temporary VFX Artist, who will have a role in in-game effects, weaponry effects, vehicle destruction and simulations and environmental effects.
What is also interesting about this next Call of Duty game is that, even with it being next-gen first, it won't forget about the PS3 and the Xbox 360. If anything, the report states that the developers are looking into ways to optimize the game to be able to deliver next-gen quality effects onto the current-gen platforms.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]