Battlefield 4 vs. Call of Duty: Ghosts: Naval Strike DLC and Next COD Info Leaked
By Gel Galang | March 4, 2014 12:07 PM EST
February has come and gone, and it has also introduced Battlefield 4's Second Assault DLC. March comes in bearing leaks of the next expansion pack, the third of the five promised for the season pass, called Naval Strike.
It seems that a late March release date has been pegged for Naval Strike, but already, screenshots of the expansion pack have been revealed.
CVG has gotten its hands on the screens, which you can check at the link. Naval Strike will bring in four maps, five weapons, 10 assignments, the Carrier Assault mode, and an amphibious vehicle.
The Carrier Assault mode, according to IGN, is a revamped version of the Titan Mode from Battlefield 2142, though DICE is yet to reveal the similarities and differences between the two modes.
The report also emphasizes that Battlefield Premium members will be able to access the expansion two weeks before everyone else. With the late March pegged date, this can mean that non-Premium members may get it early April.
Sledgehammer's COD may continue the Modern Warfare series?
With Call of Duty: Ghosts now considered last year's game with the introduction of Sledgehammer as the next developer for 2014's COD game, more rumours and leaks have followed, the latest of which came from Destination PlayStation, an event that is exclusive to publishers.
According to Gamepur, some of the details that have been leaked by Twitter user Lokiolr included the fact that there is a scene for the next Call of Duty game where gamers will find themselves at the Golden Gate bridge.
In addition, Black Smith may be the internal title for now, and that the game has very realistic physics incorporated in the gameplay. Lastly, Sledgehammer's Call of Duty may be the next in the Modern Warfare series.
Note that the Twitter user received the information from his boss and not firsthand. Still, with many other details linked to Sledgehammer's Call of Duty, of which includes the game being next-gen firsthand, it would be exciting to see where Sledgehammer will take the COD series.
Sledgehammer job ads reveal tidbits of next COD
Speaking of Sledgehammer, VG 24/7 has spotted the active recruitment of the studio for the Call of Duty 2014. One of the positions being scouted for includes a temporary VFX Artist, who will have a role in in-game effects, weaponry effects, vehicle destruction and simulations and environmental effects.
What is also interesting about this next Call of Duty game is that, even with it being next-gen first, it won't forget about the PS3 and the Xbox 360. If anything, the report states that the developers are looking into ways to optimize the game to be able to deliver next-gen quality effects onto the current-gen platforms.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date