How to Keep Your Android Phone's Battery Healthy: Top Battery-Sucking Apps
By Precious Silva | March 4, 2014 11:38 AM EST
Smartphones and phablets continue to transform. Models come with more features and operate faster. With all the improvements and features, it has become a challenge for manufacturers to bring more battery life. Likewise, people who wish to do more often download and use as many apps as possible. This takes a toll on the battery life of the device. Here are some of the top battery-sucking apps users should think twice before installing.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
There are devices offering excellent battery life like the iPad Air and the Droid Maxx. However, people's devices are not limited to these. Those running Android handsets want more out of their units. Most devices require charging every few hours or every day. One way to save battery life is to get rid of battery-sucking apps. Some apps may not be as functional. Users can get rid of them.
KS Mobile released a list of battery-demanding apps as a guide for users. According to the announcement of the company:
"KS Mobile, the innovative makers of the free Clean Master utility app for Android 2.1 and up, today announced its index of Top 10 Android Vampire Apps that drain the most battery on Android smartphones worldwide. This list is ranked based on the highest average frequency that apps trigger a warning to smartphone users about their own battery consumption levels."
Clean Masters' Production Manager, Adam Morley also gave his insights about the matter:
"We want to empower our users to keep their smartphones operating smoothly and efficiently, that's why we want them to know which apps they enjoy the most might be draining their battery life more than they know. Eliminate the frustration of being left with a dead smartphone by practicing smart battery preservation on your Android and being selective about which apps you use".
Here are the top battery-draining apps according to the company:
1. Camera360 Ultimate from PinGuo Inc.
2. Outlook.com from Microsoft + SEVEN
3. EZ Weather Forecast & Widget EZMobs
4. Viki: Free TV, Movies & News from Viki, Inc.
5. Zello PTT Walkie-Talkie from Zello Inc.
6. Temple Run 2 from Imagi Studios
7. Imo free video calls and text from Imo.im
8. Racing Moto from Top Casual Games
9. Fruit Ninja from Half Brick Studios
10. Candy Crush Saga from King, Ltd
It is also best to turn off automatic updates and charge the handset before falling below 20 per cent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft