Tim Tebow Out and About in Hollywood; Former Quarterback’s Name Dragged in an NCAA Violation
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 4, 2014 10:49 AM EST
Here is a celebrity sighting for you. Former National Football League (NFL) Tim Tebow was spotted out and about in Hollywood on Saturday. Tebow took a break to unwind and catch a movie with a guy and a lady friend.
Tim Tebow is still hopeful to make a comeback in NFL.
Tebow enjoyed a little night with some of his friends watching Liam Neeson's new flick "Non-Stop," TMZ reported. The entertainment gossip website caught Tebow and his acquaintances as they were about to leave the cinema, and the quarterback-turned-football analyst was cheerful enough to answer a few questions.
"It was good, it was a lot of fun, it was non-stop," said Tebow when asked what his thoughts were on the film. He also revealed that Mel Gibson's "Braveheart" was his favourite movie of all time.
The movie "Non-Stop" stars Liam Neeson, Juliane Moore and Oscars 2014 Best Actress Lupita Nyong'o among several others. It is a mystery-thriller film about an alcoholic U.S. federal air marshal who got ensnared in a crisis on an airplane on a non-stop flight from New York to London. The movie received positive reviews. Entertainment Weekly's Chris Nashawaty said the Liam is "the closest thing Hollywood had these days to a boxing office."
According to Screen Crush's Jordan Hoffman via MTV.com, "Liam Neeson barking mad with his Irish brogue and dragging suspected hijackers around by the scruff of their neck is, indeed, a thing of beauty."
Do you want a bumpy ride that is going to bring you at the edge of your seat? Tebow has seen the movie. Are you going to watch it too? Have a look at the official trailer below.
Video courtesy: YouTube/Studio Canal UK
Back to Tebow, the 26-year-old former quarterback got dragged in a National Collegiate Athletic Assocation (NCAA) violation. Tebow has reportedly violated the NCAA rules when he spoke with an Ohio State recruit. He got engaged in a brief conversation with Illinois high school linebacker Clifton Garett, and one of the rules of NCAA is to prohibit former college football players from communicating with recruits. The incident was exposed after Garrett tweeted about talking to Tebow.
Obviously, it was an accidental mistake on Tebow's part. Garret phoned Coach Urban Meyer, who was having lunch with Tebow and other friends. Garrett simply asked if he could wish Tebow good luck on his forthcoming NFL undertakings. The conversation lasted only for eight seconds. Read more of this story at Cleveland.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]