Three Ways to Choose a Right Career
By Afreen Ahmed | March 4, 2014 3:40 AM EST
Choosing a right career is one of the most important aspects of your life. A profession can make or break you completely. It is necessary to be wise enough to ponder over the pros and cons of each possible profession before zeroing in on one.
You complete your school, high school, Bachelor's and then Master's, now what next? You are confused which career to choose, even when you have excellent grades and reputed university degrees in your hand. You need to have a well-defined career direction; you cannot waste your entire life doing some job that is not satisfactory to you.
Realize your strengths and weaknesses. Make an effort to do a research about your interests. With a little effort, you could discover your potential ability and capability. There are certain ways to choose the right career; they are:
Consider Your Interests-
As a child, you dreamt of becoming a doctor, a pilot or an engineer. Realize your dream career; give a chance to yourself to explore your interests. You may be an avid writer, photographer, singer, musician and artist. If you are an engineer and loves music, you can start your career which deals with both options, such as an audio engineer or music composer. Considering your hobbies to evolve into a career option is certainly not a bad idea at all.
Reflect on Your Skills-
What was your favorite subject in school? Think about your skills, the best one. While choosing a career it is important to reflect on your skills. During your childhood, you must have had opened the toy car in and out to check the wiring, or may be just to know how it works, right? If you like fixing, repairing or making stuff, you can get into careers such as construction, electrical engineering, automobiles and so on.
Mull Over Your Future-
When you choose your career, think carefully about your future. Your career should secure your future. You choose the best career for passive life and secured future. The job you choose should be satisfactory to you because at the end of the day, it is your prospect to be content.
Deciding your career is most important and it is the turning point in your life, because the decision is your own. You decide your life ahead; you are experienced with right and wrong decision, while choosing your right career. You come across hurdles and obstacles; in the end you are the winner of your choice.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Video of Kids Reaction to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Goes Viral [Watch YouTube Clip]
- PM Tony Abbott’s Adviser Advocates Return of Using Cane to Discipline Students
- Survey Says 37% of Investors Consider Books, Magazines & Online Media as Best Sources of ‘Education’
- Fourth of July Guide On Do's and Don'ts On Firework Sounds For Your Dogs
- Students in Australia to Pay Higher University Fees Unless Tax is Increased
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies