Kannada Actor Ambareesh Recovering in Singapore
By Sahaja K R | March 3, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Sandalwood actor and Karnataka housing Minister Ambareesh, who was suffering from lung infection,was shifted to Singapore on Saturday, 1 March.
Ambareesh receovering well, will be taken off the ventilator soon.
The 61-year-old actor had complained of difficulty in breathing and suffered from high fever on 21 February. He was admitted to Vikram Hospital in Bangalore on the same day and the doctors at the hospital diagnosed a lung infection. He was later flown in an air-ambulance to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore, where he is currently recovering.
The doctors in Singapore and his wife Sumaltha have told the reporters that Ambareesh's condition is getting better each day. "He is improving on every count. Doctors are happy with his condition," 50-year-old Sumalatha told TOI.
Ambareesh's wife also mentioned that they will be following a 'no visitors' policy. Doctors are confident that they'll start his rehabilitation as soon as he is taken off the ventilator.
Off late there have been some rumours making rounds about Ambareesh's health. Clearing the air on the rumours, Sumalatha said that her husband is recovering and also requested his well-wishers not to worry. "My husband is recovering and there is no cause of panic or worry. A good team of doctors is attending him. I request all of you to not to spread rumours about his health," she had told the media earlier.
We hear that it is Tamil actor Rajinikanth who suggested that Ambareesh be taken to Singapore for treatment. Rajinikanth is said to be a good friend of Ambareesh. In the past, the Tamil star himself was treated in the same hospital in Singapore.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate