Kannada Actor Ambareesh Recovering in Singapore
By Sahaja K R | March 3, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Sandalwood actor and Karnataka housing Minister Ambareesh, who was suffering from lung infection,was shifted to Singapore on Saturday, 1 March.
Ambareesh receovering well, will be taken off the ventilator soon.
The 61-year-old actor had complained of difficulty in breathing and suffered from high fever on 21 February. He was admitted to Vikram Hospital in Bangalore on the same day and the doctors at the hospital diagnosed a lung infection. He was later flown in an air-ambulance to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore, where he is currently recovering.
The doctors in Singapore and his wife Sumaltha have told the reporters that Ambareesh's condition is getting better each day. "He is improving on every count. Doctors are happy with his condition," 50-year-old Sumalatha told TOI.
Ambareesh's wife also mentioned that they will be following a 'no visitors' policy. Doctors are confident that they'll start his rehabilitation as soon as he is taken off the ventilator.
Off late there have been some rumours making rounds about Ambareesh's health. Clearing the air on the rumours, Sumalatha said that her husband is recovering and also requested his well-wishers not to worry. "My husband is recovering and there is no cause of panic or worry. A good team of doctors is attending him. I request all of you to not to spread rumours about his health," she had told the media earlier.
We hear that it is Tamil actor Rajinikanth who suggested that Ambareesh be taken to Singapore for treatment. Rajinikanth is said to be a good friend of Ambareesh. In the past, the Tamil star himself was treated in the same hospital in Singapore.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date