Kannada Actor Ambareesh Recovering in Singapore
By Sahaja K R | March 3, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Sandalwood actor and Karnataka housing Minister Ambareesh, who was suffering from lung infection,was shifted to Singapore on Saturday, 1 March.
Ambareesh receovering well, will be taken off the ventilator soon.
The 61-year-old actor had complained of difficulty in breathing and suffered from high fever on 21 February. He was admitted to Vikram Hospital in Bangalore on the same day and the doctors at the hospital diagnosed a lung infection. He was later flown in an air-ambulance to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore, where he is currently recovering.
The doctors in Singapore and his wife Sumaltha have told the reporters that Ambareesh's condition is getting better each day. "He is improving on every count. Doctors are happy with his condition," 50-year-old Sumalatha told TOI.
Ambareesh's wife also mentioned that they will be following a 'no visitors' policy. Doctors are confident that they'll start his rehabilitation as soon as he is taken off the ventilator.
Off late there have been some rumours making rounds about Ambareesh's health. Clearing the air on the rumours, Sumalatha said that her husband is recovering and also requested his well-wishers not to worry. "My husband is recovering and there is no cause of panic or worry. A good team of doctors is attending him. I request all of you to not to spread rumours about his health," she had told the media earlier.
We hear that it is Tamil actor Rajinikanth who suggested that Ambareesh be taken to Singapore for treatment. Rajinikanth is said to be a good friend of Ambareesh. In the past, the Tamil star himself was treated in the same hospital in Singapore.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports