Box Office Collection: ‘Gunday’, ‘Highway’ Earnings Fall during Weekend
By Ankita Mehta | March 3, 2014 9:25 PM EST
"Gunday" and "Highway" income dropped at the box office as they entered their respective weeks.
Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda starrer "Highway" raked in 4.40 crore in its second weekend from domestic box office.
Second Friday had witnessed a major fall in its collection, but on Saturday it picked up again earning ₹92 lakh and ₹1.76 crore respectively.
However, Sunday's earning was lower than Saturday's income. It raked in 1.72 crore on its tenth day, taking its overall score to ₹26.79 crore.
"Highway [Wknd 2] Fri 92 lacs, Sat 1.76 cr, Sun 1.72 cr. Total: ₹ 4.40 cr. Grand total: ₹ 26.79 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh starrer "Gunday" had limited audiences in its third weekend. The action thriller film collected only ₹1.34 crore from third weekend, taking its overall nett collection to ₹77.46 crore.
"#Gunday Wknd 3: ₹ 1.34 cr. Grand total: ₹ 77.46 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh tweeted.
"Gunday" which also stars Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan has put up a healthy 17 days figure. But due to several new releases the screen counts of the film across the country reduced marginally by third week.
Also, "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" is dominating the box office market this week, due to which the collection of "Gunday" during the weekdays is expected to be on the lower side.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]
- 'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: EP Michael Narducci Teases Baby Hope Is Completely Unique