‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Box Office Collection: Farhan-Vidya Starrer Registers Good Opening Weekend
By Ankita Mehta | March 3, 2014 9:07 PM EST
Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan starrer "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has registered a good opening weekend, after witnessing a slow start.
Shaadi Ke Side Effects
The film registered an upward trend in its income in the first three days of its release.
The opening day income of the film was ₹5.70 crore, the following days i.e. on Saturday and Sunday "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" witnessed jump in its collection with ₹7.55 crore and ₹8.01 crore respectively. The opening weekend total of the film is 21.26 crore.
"#ShaadiKeSideEffects Fri 5.70 cr, Sat 7.55 cr, Sun 8.01 cr. Total: ₹ 21.26 cr nett. India biz only. Very good growth over weekend," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"Shaadi Ke Side Effects" has almost all reasons for a film to do well. Solo release, interesting casts (Farhan and Vidya), story line which target almost all the audiences, positive word of mouth and good promotions are its notable features.
As expected, the film did well at multiplexes and urban centers compare to single screens. "Shaadi Ke Side Effects" performed well in North circuits including Delhi and East Punjab. However, the box offices in Mysore and Mumbai witnessed average collections.
Though the film was released during the Asia Cup matches and board exams, it did not hamper its box office run.
"The weekend biz of SHAADI KE SIDE EFFECTS is indeed noteworthy, primarily because the release of the film coincided with the examination period. Moreover, the cricket match between India and Pakistan [on Sun] kept a chunk of the movie-going audiences away from cineplexes. Thanks to the growth in biz over the weekend, one expects the biz to remain steady on weekdays at urban centres mainly," Adarsh said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories