M&M Registers 12 Percent Decline in Sales in February
By greeshma m | March 3, 2014 8:33 PM EST
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd registered a 12 percent dip in vehicle sales for the month of February as against sales in the same period a year ago.
A worker cleans a logo of Mahindra & Mahindra, India's largest utility vehicles maker, inside their showroom in the southern Indian city of Chennai April 12, 2011.
M&M has sold 42,166 units in February, against the 47,824 units the corresponding month last year. Its domestic sales witnessed a decline of 11 per cent in February 2014 to 39,338 units over February 2013 sales.
The passenger car segment including the UVs and Verito recorded a fall of 18 percent to 23,421 units in February 2013. The four-wheeler commercial vehicle segment marked a fall of 3 percent to 14,701 units while three-wheeler sales declined 2 percent to 4,724 units in February 2014 as against the sales in last year.
After the announcement, shares of M&M dropped by 0.67% to Rs 966.95 at 9:32 IST on BSE from the previous close.
Pravin Shah, Chief Executive, Automotive Division, M&M told Business Standard: "The Auto industry has received the much needed boost in terms of an excise duty reduction and this has resulted in higher enquiries over the last one week. The recently concluded Auto Expo has also been a success which will only help in generating demand. At Mahindra we are hopeful that these positive initiative would be the beginning of a gradual upswing for the auto industry, as we move into the next financial year".
Bajaj Auto also posted a decline of 6 percent in domestic sales for February 2014.The Company sold a total of 273,323 motorcycles as against the 291,297 units last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4