Ben Gordon Cut by Charlotte, Ineligible for Playoffs; Unprofessional Move by the Bobcats?
By James Patrick Quizon | March 3, 2014 7:51 PM EST
The Charlotte Bobcats waived Ben Gordon on Sunday and some quarters are complaining that the franchise was being unprofessional as they decided to cut the veteran past the deadline of players wishing to be eligible for the postseason.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at San Antonio Spurs
“With the recent acquisition of additional backcourt depth to our roster, we believe this is in the best interests of both parties,” Rod Higgins, Charlotte’s president of basketball operations said in an official statement.
“We want to thank Ben for his contributions over the past two seasons and wish him the best as he moves on in his career.”
The 30-year-old shooting guard played in only 19 games for the Bobcats this season averaging 5.2 points and 34.3 per cent from the field.
Gordon is on the final year of his deal worth $13.2 million. The team worked out a contract buyout with the veteran but couldn’t agree on a deal reportedly because Gordon wanted more money.
Charlotte did not have a choice but cut him after the deadline probably thinking that Gordon could sign with an rival East team and help them out in the playoff run.
The Michael Jordan-owned Bobcats are currently at 7th place in the weak Eastern Conference with a 27-32 win-loss card.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists