Ben Gordon Cut by Charlotte, Ineligible for Playoffs; Unprofessional Move by the Bobcats?
By James Patrick Quizon | March 3, 2014 7:51 PM EST
The Charlotte Bobcats waived Ben Gordon on Sunday and some quarters are complaining that the franchise was being unprofessional as they decided to cut the veteran past the deadline of players wishing to be eligible for the postseason.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at San Antonio Spurs
“With the recent acquisition of additional backcourt depth to our roster, we believe this is in the best interests of both parties,” Rod Higgins, Charlotte’s president of basketball operations said in an official statement.
“We want to thank Ben for his contributions over the past two seasons and wish him the best as he moves on in his career.”
The 30-year-old shooting guard played in only 19 games for the Bobcats this season averaging 5.2 points and 34.3 per cent from the field.
Gordon is on the final year of his deal worth $13.2 million. The team worked out a contract buyout with the veteran but couldn’t agree on a deal reportedly because Gordon wanted more money.
Charlotte did not have a choice but cut him after the deadline probably thinking that Gordon could sign with an rival East team and help them out in the playoff run.
The Michael Jordan-owned Bobcats are currently at 7th place in the weak Eastern Conference with a 27-32 win-loss card.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports