Ben Gordon Cut by Charlotte, Ineligible for Playoffs; Unprofessional Move by the Bobcats?
By James Patrick Quizon | March 3, 2014 7:51 PM EST
The Charlotte Bobcats waived Ben Gordon on Sunday and some quarters are complaining that the franchise was being unprofessional as they decided to cut the veteran past the deadline of players wishing to be eligible for the postseason.
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats at San Antonio Spurs
“With the recent acquisition of additional backcourt depth to our roster, we believe this is in the best interests of both parties,” Rod Higgins, Charlotte’s president of basketball operations said in an official statement.
“We want to thank Ben for his contributions over the past two seasons and wish him the best as he moves on in his career.”
The 30-year-old shooting guard played in only 19 games for the Bobcats this season averaging 5.2 points and 34.3 per cent from the field.
Gordon is on the final year of his deal worth $13.2 million. The team worked out a contract buyout with the veteran but couldn’t agree on a deal reportedly because Gordon wanted more money.
Charlotte did not have a choice but cut him after the deadline probably thinking that Gordon could sign with an rival East team and help them out in the playoff run.
The Michael Jordan-owned Bobcats are currently at 7th place in the weak Eastern Conference with a 27-32 win-loss card.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date