Android 4.4.2 Moto X Guide, Galaxy Note 3 and LG G2: Verizon, T-Mobile Release and More
By Precious Silva | March 3, 2014 7:31 PM EST
The roll-out of Android 4.4.2 to various devices continues. This time, owners of the Moto X device under Verizon can now get the update. Those who have been waiting for the OTA on the Moto X devices can now benefit from the improved and added features.
Different colored examples of Motorola's new Moto X phones rest on a table at a launch event in New York, August 1, 2013.
Users of Moto X Verizon can expect the roll-out to be completed in the next few days. The Android 4.4.2 update promises to enhance overall performance of the Motorola smartphone. According to the changelog released by Verison, the software version 164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US will provide the following benefits:
For Security and Stability:
- Improved phone dialer application performance
- Improved synchronization of email attachments
- Enhanced on-device security
- Improved connectivity when roaming
Other improvements include: battery life and Isis Mobile Wallet enhancements. The update also offers the latest versions of the following apps: VZ Tones and VZ Navigator.
Users should go to their settings section, open About Phone and click on software update to begin installation. Should users encounter problems, it is best to check the device. There may be third party applications getting in the way of the update.
As for other devices, the Android 4.4.2 will also be released to the following carriers and handsets: T-Mobile LG G2 and T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung has already provided the Android 4.4.2 KitKat kernel source for the Note 3 on its source page. Releasing the kernel source meant allowing T-Mobile to translate the code to an OTA update. Users can switch to the new KitKat OS once they have their OTAs.
While LG G2 users can switch to the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, T-Mobile will not be providing an OTA option for users. People will have to go to LG's Web site to get the file. The update is around 1.5 GB large. To update, people should connect their phones to their computer and update using the LG Mobile Support Tool.
Users will have to check tech support and other instructions in case installation did not proceed. It is also best to check if there are third party applications not compatible with the update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft