Google Nexus 6 Concept Boasts 2K Display and Metal Casing
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 3, 2014 7:11 PM EST
The latest Google Nexus 6 concept image packed some great specs and features such as 2K screen display and a metal casing.
A new render of Google Nexus 6 was spotted in Nexus6price.com. According to the Web site, the Nexus 6 will pack a 5.2-inch display with a resolution of 2,560×1,440 with a pixel density of 550. The handset will make use of IPS panel once more, which has good colour reproduction as well as a beautiful and bright screen. The panel is also visible under the sunlight. One of the surprising ideas in the latest concept was that the smartphone may have a casing made out of aluminium with some polycarbonate filling. The Nexus 6 measured around 7 to 8 mm thickness.
The Google Nexus 6 may be run by the next generation Snapdragon SoC clocked at 2.3 Ghz with Adreno graphics and 3 GB RAM. The handset will also run with the latest Android operating system. The Nexus 6 is expected to come with an improved sensor, may be 13 or 21 MP with Optical Image Stabilization and better night time picture and 4K video recording capabilities. Lastly, the handset may be powered by 3,000 mAh removable battery pack.
The new concept image imagined LG as the third-party manufacturer of the handset, although it is still unclear whether LG will make a comeback this year to make the successor of the successful Nexus 5. For 2 years in a row, LG has done a great job with Nexus 4 and 5. There were rumours that Lenovo and Motorola will team up in making the next Nexus smartphone. However, these rumours should be taken with a grain of salt until Google releases the official specs and feature.
As for the Google Nexus 6 release date, the handset may arrive in September and October. This may be the case, as Google's VP Sundar Pichai already confirmed that the next Nexus smartphone will not be released in the first half of 2014. It was speculated that the Nexus 6 will be pricier due to the upgraded specs and features. The handset may cost around $600.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness