Deepika Padukone and Farhan Akhtar Sport New Avatars for Coca Cola Advert [VIDEO]
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 3, 2014 6:48 PM EST
Unlike the urbane feel of Coca Cola’s typical advertisements, the new promotional gimmick changes track.
The soft drink major recently announced Deepika Padukone and Farhan Akhtar as the company’s new face. The pair last seen in “Kartik Calling Kartik” has been presented in unusual avatars in the new ad.
Deepika Padukone at Ram-leela special screening
While Deepika takes on the role of a small town college going student, Farhan looks flawless in his character of chaste rickshaw puller. The advert with Coca Cola’s tag line “Open Happiness” comes across as refreshing and features a real taste of India, as Farhan is seen dropping Deepika off to college, during which there is a sweet exchange of words between the two.
The advertisement has been directed by Anurag Kashyap, who is well known for his realistic films. “The idea was to see the India that has not been showcased till now and to go into the interiors. The advertisement involves characters who are from the lower rung of the society,” the “Gangs of Wasseypur” director told Hindustan Times.
The new ad by the soft drink giants might be an attempt to connect with the masses, considering that till now all of its promotions have only centered around the prim proper city life, be it with the urbane college going youths, office work spaces or the characteristic ideal family as its focus.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast