Oscar 2014: Most Memorable Moments at the Academy Award Ceremony
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 3, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Oscar 2014 is all we have been waiting for. While it happens to be an award ceremony, the most prestigious one for many; it is generally remembered for many others things rather than for awards only. Here are the incidents that made Oscar 2014 extremely memorable for the years to come.
Jennifer Lawrence Did Fall This Year as Well
JLaw may have become the latest champion at falling down on every important occasion. The
"fallen star" fell at the Oscars 2013 while she was walking up the steps to collect her Oscar. It created ripples on the Internet during those days. People predicted that she would fall again this year as well, and that is exactly what happened. She apparently tripped on the dress of a woman at the red carpet and fell.
Ethan Hawke Kissed Julie Delpy at Red Carpet
Ethan and Julie were nominated for the Best Adapted Screenplay for Before Midnight. It is different story that they did not win it, but it was magic when Ethan kissed Julie on her cheek at the red carpet at the Dolby Theatre in in Hollywood. Ethan in Dior and Julie in Jenny Packham looked flawless.
Jared Leto's Acceptance Speech
While people love to see an Oscar winner cry, people equally love it when they talk about their mom. Jared Leto did the second and, consequently, made almost shed tears when he talked about his mother. Jared won the Oscar for the Best Supporting Actor for his part in Dallas Buyers Club. He made an emphatic point when he dedicated his award to those who suffer injustice because for their "choice" of people to love. He also shared it with the 26 million people who lost their battle to AIDS.
Pink Gets a Standing Ovation
Pink sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow to perfection and received a standing ovation from the elite crowd present at the ceremony. While some may argue that she did even better at the Grammys, her rendition was too beautiful to be real.
Ellen DeGeneres Hosting the Oscars
We may have seen some splendid people doing stunning hosting in the past, but Ellen managed to make a mark among them all. Her "typically Ellen" jokes, incredible sense of humour and unmatched ease made the evening even more memorable. Her opening monologue was something that only she could pull off.
The Best Selfie Ever
The Oscar 2014 could not resist the latest celeb-craze: taking a selfie. Not always you get to see a selfie featuring people like Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Kevin Spacey, Jared Leto, Meryl Streep, Channing Tatum, Lupita Nyong'o and Bradley Cooper. This selfie is expected to leave every selfie behind when it comes to popularity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand