‘Non-Stop’ Ahead At the Box Office ‘Frozen’ To Cross $1B And Gets An Oscars
By Sachin Trivedi | March 3, 2014 6:18 PM EST
"Non-Stop," an action thriller movie, is ahead at the box office while "Son of God" is following close behind. The animated movie "Frozen" is expected to cross the milestone of $1 billion at the box office after bagging the Oscars for the best animated feature.
"Non-Stop" Actor Liam Neeson is estimated to get over $30 million at the box office. The movie about the life of Jesus "Son of God" is set to get over $26 million at the box office.
"Non-Stop" is about an air marshall who has to identify and stop someone in the flight from endangering the lives of the fellow passengers. The air marshall gets text messages from someone in the plane demanding a transfer of $150 million to an offshore account or face the consequences.
The cast of "Non-Stop" includes Liam Neeson as Bill Marks, Julianne Moore as Jen Summers, Scoot McNairy as Tom Bowen, Michelle Dockery as Nancy, Nate Parker as Zack White, Corey Stoll as Austin Reilly, Lupita Nyong'o as Gwen, Omar Metwally as Dr. Fahim Nasir and Jason Butler Harner as Kyle Rice.
"Son of God" is about the story of Jesus Christ from his birth, teachings, crucifixion and resurrection. The cast of the movie includes Sebastian Knapp as John, David Rintoul as Noah, Gary Oliver as Abraham, Stewart Scudamore as Ramesses, Nonso Anozie as Samson, Conan Stevens as Goliath, Jassa Ahluwalia as the young David and Diogo Morgado as Jesus.
Disney's 3D animated movie "Frozen" was the second animated movie to cross the $1 billion mark at the box office. The previous animated movie to achieve such success was "Toy Story 3."
The weekend may call for a double celebration for the producers as it also got awarded an Oscar's in the best animated feature category. The song, "Let it Go," in the movie also won an Oscars for the best original song.
The other awards at the Oscars include "12 Years a Slave," which won the best film. Alfonso Cuaron won the best director for the movie "Gravity." Matthew McConaughey won the best actor and Cate Blanchett won the best actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks