‘Non-Stop’ Ahead At the Box Office ‘Frozen’ To Cross $1B And Gets An Oscars
By Sachin Trivedi | March 3, 2014 6:18 PM EST
"Non-Stop," an action thriller movie, is ahead at the box office while "Son of God" is following close behind. The animated movie "Frozen" is expected to cross the milestone of $1 billion at the box office after bagging the Oscars for the best animated feature.
"Non-Stop" Actor Liam Neeson is estimated to get over $30 million at the box office. The movie about the life of Jesus "Son of God" is set to get over $26 million at the box office.
"Non-Stop" is about an air marshall who has to identify and stop someone in the flight from endangering the lives of the fellow passengers. The air marshall gets text messages from someone in the plane demanding a transfer of $150 million to an offshore account or face the consequences.
The cast of "Non-Stop" includes Liam Neeson as Bill Marks, Julianne Moore as Jen Summers, Scoot McNairy as Tom Bowen, Michelle Dockery as Nancy, Nate Parker as Zack White, Corey Stoll as Austin Reilly, Lupita Nyong'o as Gwen, Omar Metwally as Dr. Fahim Nasir and Jason Butler Harner as Kyle Rice.
"Son of God" is about the story of Jesus Christ from his birth, teachings, crucifixion and resurrection. The cast of the movie includes Sebastian Knapp as John, David Rintoul as Noah, Gary Oliver as Abraham, Stewart Scudamore as Ramesses, Nonso Anozie as Samson, Conan Stevens as Goliath, Jassa Ahluwalia as the young David and Diogo Morgado as Jesus.
Disney's 3D animated movie "Frozen" was the second animated movie to cross the $1 billion mark at the box office. The previous animated movie to achieve such success was "Toy Story 3."
The weekend may call for a double celebration for the producers as it also got awarded an Oscar's in the best animated feature category. The song, "Let it Go," in the movie also won an Oscars for the best original song.
The other awards at the Oscars include "12 Years a Slave," which won the best film. Alfonso Cuaron won the best director for the movie "Gravity." Matthew McConaughey won the best actor and Cate Blanchett won the best actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet