‘Non-Stop’ Ahead At the Box Office ‘Frozen’ To Cross $1B And Gets An Oscars
By Sachin Trivedi | March 3, 2014 6:18 PM EST
"Non-Stop," an action thriller movie, is ahead at the box office while "Son of God" is following close behind. The animated movie "Frozen" is expected to cross the milestone of $1 billion at the box office after bagging the Oscars for the best animated feature.
"Non-Stop" Actor Liam Neeson is estimated to get over $30 million at the box office. The movie about the life of Jesus "Son of God" is set to get over $26 million at the box office.
"Non-Stop" is about an air marshall who has to identify and stop someone in the flight from endangering the lives of the fellow passengers. The air marshall gets text messages from someone in the plane demanding a transfer of $150 million to an offshore account or face the consequences.
The cast of "Non-Stop" includes Liam Neeson as Bill Marks, Julianne Moore as Jen Summers, Scoot McNairy as Tom Bowen, Michelle Dockery as Nancy, Nate Parker as Zack White, Corey Stoll as Austin Reilly, Lupita Nyong'o as Gwen, Omar Metwally as Dr. Fahim Nasir and Jason Butler Harner as Kyle Rice.
"Son of God" is about the story of Jesus Christ from his birth, teachings, crucifixion and resurrection. The cast of the movie includes Sebastian Knapp as John, David Rintoul as Noah, Gary Oliver as Abraham, Stewart Scudamore as Ramesses, Nonso Anozie as Samson, Conan Stevens as Goliath, Jassa Ahluwalia as the young David and Diogo Morgado as Jesus.
Disney's 3D animated movie "Frozen" was the second animated movie to cross the $1 billion mark at the box office. The previous animated movie to achieve such success was "Toy Story 3."
The weekend may call for a double celebration for the producers as it also got awarded an Oscar's in the best animated feature category. The song, "Let it Go," in the movie also won an Oscars for the best original song.
The other awards at the Oscars include "12 Years a Slave," which won the best film. Alfonso Cuaron won the best director for the movie "Gravity." Matthew McConaughey won the best actor and Cate Blanchett won the best actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6