‘Non-Stop’ Ahead At the Box Office ‘Frozen’ To Cross $1B And Gets An Oscars
By Sachin Trivedi | March 3, 2014 6:18 PM EST
"Non-Stop," an action thriller movie, is ahead at the box office while "Son of God" is following close behind. The animated movie "Frozen" is expected to cross the milestone of $1 billion at the box office after bagging the Oscars for the best animated feature.
"Non-Stop" Actor Liam Neeson is estimated to get over $30 million at the box office. The movie about the life of Jesus "Son of God" is set to get over $26 million at the box office.
"Non-Stop" is about an air marshall who has to identify and stop someone in the flight from endangering the lives of the fellow passengers. The air marshall gets text messages from someone in the plane demanding a transfer of $150 million to an offshore account or face the consequences.
The cast of "Non-Stop" includes Liam Neeson as Bill Marks, Julianne Moore as Jen Summers, Scoot McNairy as Tom Bowen, Michelle Dockery as Nancy, Nate Parker as Zack White, Corey Stoll as Austin Reilly, Lupita Nyong'o as Gwen, Omar Metwally as Dr. Fahim Nasir and Jason Butler Harner as Kyle Rice.
"Son of God" is about the story of Jesus Christ from his birth, teachings, crucifixion and resurrection. The cast of the movie includes Sebastian Knapp as John, David Rintoul as Noah, Gary Oliver as Abraham, Stewart Scudamore as Ramesses, Nonso Anozie as Samson, Conan Stevens as Goliath, Jassa Ahluwalia as the young David and Diogo Morgado as Jesus.
Disney's 3D animated movie "Frozen" was the second animated movie to cross the $1 billion mark at the box office. The previous animated movie to achieve such success was "Toy Story 3."
The weekend may call for a double celebration for the producers as it also got awarded an Oscar's in the best animated feature category. The song, "Let it Go," in the movie also won an Oscars for the best original song.
The other awards at the Oscars include "12 Years a Slave," which won the best film. Alfonso Cuaron won the best director for the movie "Gravity." Matthew McConaughey won the best actor and Cate Blanchett won the best actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage