‘Non-Stop’ Ahead At the Box Office ‘Frozen’ To Cross $1B And Gets An Oscars
By Sachin Trivedi | March 3, 2014 6:18 PM EST
"Non-Stop," an action thriller movie, is ahead at the box office while "Son of God" is following close behind. The animated movie "Frozen" is expected to cross the milestone of $1 billion at the box office after bagging the Oscars for the best animated feature.
"Non-Stop" Actor Liam Neeson is estimated to get over $30 million at the box office. The movie about the life of Jesus "Son of God" is set to get over $26 million at the box office.
"Non-Stop" is about an air marshall who has to identify and stop someone in the flight from endangering the lives of the fellow passengers. The air marshall gets text messages from someone in the plane demanding a transfer of $150 million to an offshore account or face the consequences.
The cast of "Non-Stop" includes Liam Neeson as Bill Marks, Julianne Moore as Jen Summers, Scoot McNairy as Tom Bowen, Michelle Dockery as Nancy, Nate Parker as Zack White, Corey Stoll as Austin Reilly, Lupita Nyong'o as Gwen, Omar Metwally as Dr. Fahim Nasir and Jason Butler Harner as Kyle Rice.
"Son of God" is about the story of Jesus Christ from his birth, teachings, crucifixion and resurrection. The cast of the movie includes Sebastian Knapp as John, David Rintoul as Noah, Gary Oliver as Abraham, Stewart Scudamore as Ramesses, Nonso Anozie as Samson, Conan Stevens as Goliath, Jassa Ahluwalia as the young David and Diogo Morgado as Jesus.
Disney's 3D animated movie "Frozen" was the second animated movie to cross the $1 billion mark at the box office. The previous animated movie to achieve such success was "Toy Story 3."
The weekend may call for a double celebration for the producers as it also got awarded an Oscar's in the best animated feature category. The song, "Let it Go," in the movie also won an Oscars for the best original song.
The other awards at the Oscars include "12 Years a Slave," which won the best film. Alfonso Cuaron won the best director for the movie "Gravity." Matthew McConaughey won the best actor and Cate Blanchett won the best actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions