Nokia XL, X+, X at MWC 2014: Features, Highlights and Specs of Nokia Android Dual-SIM Smartphones
By Ryan Inoyori | March 3, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Nokia demoed its first Android smartphone line, called Nokia X products, at the Mobile World Congress. Unlike with Google-based devices, the X line doesn't feature Play Store or Google services, but users can sideload Android apps and get full access to HERE maps, Skype and SkyDrive.
MWC 2014: Nokia X
Nokia featured three new smartphones under the X line, namely Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. Contrast to Lumia and Asha, the Nokia X line runs Android OS by Google but doesn't include Google apps or services including the Play Store.
Users of the Nokia X line gets full access to Nokia HERE maps; Microsoft One Drive, previously SkyDrive; and Skype. In terms of Android apps and games, users may use the Nokia's app store to download them and if not listed, they are obtainable via search or by simply sideloading the installers.
Sideloading Android apps may also include third-party home launchers, live wallpapers and more. Nokia X devices are compatible with more than 50 per cent of all Android apps which do not require any optimisation.
Favourite apps such as WhatsApp, Line, Swiftkey, Instagram and BlackbBerry Messenger are compatible with every Nokia X smartphone.
Nokia X Line Features
- Fastlane: Displays all recent apps and social activity in one place with swiping function on the home screen.
- Personalisation: Customise the home screen by resizing tiles and rearranging icons the way users want them.
- Free Call via Skype: Get 1 month free worldwide calls on Skype app.
- HERE Maps: Exclusive navigational map with free offline mapping.
- Radio Stations: Use Nokia MixRadio to personalise radio stations without any sign up or subscription needed.
- Accessories: Get compatible accessories from Nokia such as headphones and Bluetooth headset.
Nokia X Line Specifications
|OS Version||Android 4.1.2; Nokia X platform||Android 4.1.2; Nokia X platform||Android 4.1.2; Nokia X platform|
|Display||4.0 inches, 800 x 480 IPS LCD||4.0 inches, 800 x 480 IPS LCD||5.0-inches, 800 x 480 IPS LCD|
|Processor||1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4||1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4||1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4|
|RAM||512 MB||768 MB||768 MB|
|Storage||4 GB internal, up to 32 GB external||4 GB internal, up to 32 GB external||4 GB internal, up to 32 GB external|
|Rear Camera||3.15 MP, 1/5" sensor, 480@30fps video||3.15 MP, 1/5" sensor, 480@30fps video||5 MP, 1/4" sensor, 480@30fps video|
|Front Camera||None||None||2 MP|
|Battery||1,500 mAh||1,500 mAh||2,000 mAh|
|Special||Dual-SIM, sideloading||Dual-SIM, sideloading||Dual-SIM, sideloading|
Nokia already open its doors for developers who want their apps optimised on the Nokia X line smartphones. According to its developer Web site, around 75 per cent of Android apps will run on the Nokia X software platform without any modifications necessary.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists