Pawan Kalyan Denies Rift with Chiranjeevi; Power Star to Enter Politics?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 3, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Latest buzz doing the rounds in the Telugu film industry is about actor Pawan Kalyan's entry into politics. [Also Read: Will Pawan Kalyan Start New Party or Join AAP, Lok Satta]
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
On Sunday (2 March), there were intense rumours that the actor is all set to start a new party.
However, a press note from Pawan Kalyan's office has revealed that the actor will clear his stand regarding his entry into politics during a press meet, which will be held in the second week of March. The press note also denies rumours of rift between Kalyan and his brother, actor-politician Chiranjeevi.
Kalyan is currently busy with his pre-production work of "Gabbar Singh 2" as well as in story discussions of the "Oh My God" remake. His much-awaited film "Gabbar Singh 2" will go on floors only in the last week of May, after the elections.
The press note from Kalyan's office read: "There have been speculations and reports in Tv and news media that Pawan Kalyan has personal differences with his brother Chiranjeevi. It's completely baseless. Regarding speculations of political entry of Pawan Kalyan, he will answer all political questions in the 2nd week of March. Pawan Kalyan is currently busy in pre-production work of Gabbar Singh 2 and story discussions of Oh My God's Telugu remake. Gabbar Singh 2 will go to floors in the last week of May," according to Jeevi, editor and reviewer of Idle Brain.
It is not clear as to what Kalyan would be saying in the press meet. Will he announce his entry into politics? If he indeed takes a plunge in politics, will he join an existing political party or will he start his own political outfit or will contest the elections as an independent candidate? All these questions are expected to be answered during the press meet.
It seems that the power star is holding talks with his fans and well wishers all over the state for the last few days, according to The Times of India. Buzz is that he will be joining politics as well as continue acting in films. One needs to wait for the second week of March to find out what Kalyan has to say.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best