Pawan Kalyan Denies Rift with Chiranjeevi; Power Star to Enter Politics?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 3, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Latest buzz doing the rounds in the Telugu film industry is about actor Pawan Kalyan's entry into politics. [Also Read: Will Pawan Kalyan Start New Party or Join AAP, Lok Satta]
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
On Sunday (2 March), there were intense rumours that the actor is all set to start a new party.
However, a press note from Pawan Kalyan's office has revealed that the actor will clear his stand regarding his entry into politics during a press meet, which will be held in the second week of March. The press note also denies rumours of rift between Kalyan and his brother, actor-politician Chiranjeevi.
Kalyan is currently busy with his pre-production work of "Gabbar Singh 2" as well as in story discussions of the "Oh My God" remake. His much-awaited film "Gabbar Singh 2" will go on floors only in the last week of May, after the elections.
The press note from Kalyan's office read: "There have been speculations and reports in Tv and news media that Pawan Kalyan has personal differences with his brother Chiranjeevi. It's completely baseless. Regarding speculations of political entry of Pawan Kalyan, he will answer all political questions in the 2nd week of March. Pawan Kalyan is currently busy in pre-production work of Gabbar Singh 2 and story discussions of Oh My God's Telugu remake. Gabbar Singh 2 will go to floors in the last week of May," according to Jeevi, editor and reviewer of Idle Brain.
It is not clear as to what Kalyan would be saying in the press meet. Will he announce his entry into politics? If he indeed takes a plunge in politics, will he join an existing political party or will he start his own political outfit or will contest the elections as an independent candidate? All these questions are expected to be answered during the press meet.
It seems that the power star is holding talks with his fans and well wishers all over the state for the last few days, according to The Times of India. Buzz is that he will be joining politics as well as continue acting in films. One needs to wait for the second week of March to find out what Kalyan has to say.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports