Pawan Kalyan Denies Rift with Chiranjeevi; Power Star to Enter Politics?
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 3, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Latest buzz doing the rounds in the Telugu film industry is about actor Pawan Kalyan's entry into politics. [Also Read: Will Pawan Kalyan Start New Party or Join AAP, Lok Satta]
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
On Sunday (2 March), there were intense rumours that the actor is all set to start a new party.
However, a press note from Pawan Kalyan's office has revealed that the actor will clear his stand regarding his entry into politics during a press meet, which will be held in the second week of March. The press note also denies rumours of rift between Kalyan and his brother, actor-politician Chiranjeevi.
Kalyan is currently busy with his pre-production work of "Gabbar Singh 2" as well as in story discussions of the "Oh My God" remake. His much-awaited film "Gabbar Singh 2" will go on floors only in the last week of May, after the elections.
The press note from Kalyan's office read: "There have been speculations and reports in Tv and news media that Pawan Kalyan has personal differences with his brother Chiranjeevi. It's completely baseless. Regarding speculations of political entry of Pawan Kalyan, he will answer all political questions in the 2nd week of March. Pawan Kalyan is currently busy in pre-production work of Gabbar Singh 2 and story discussions of Oh My God's Telugu remake. Gabbar Singh 2 will go to floors in the last week of May," according to Jeevi, editor and reviewer of Idle Brain.
It is not clear as to what Kalyan would be saying in the press meet. Will he announce his entry into politics? If he indeed takes a plunge in politics, will he join an existing political party or will he start his own political outfit or will contest the elections as an independent candidate? All these questions are expected to be answered during the press meet.
It seems that the power star is holding talks with his fans and well wishers all over the state for the last few days, according to The Times of India. Buzz is that he will be joining politics as well as continue acting in films. One needs to wait for the second week of March to find out what Kalyan has to say.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage