'Vampire Diaries' Season 5, Episode 14 'No Exit' Recap/Spoilers: Stefan Rescues ‘Ripper’ Damon and Discovers Katherine’s Secret
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 3, 2014 5:49 PM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 resumes its regular airing schedule with Episode 14 titled "No Exit." The story picks up with Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) turning into a "Ripper" vampire that kills vampires so Stefan (Paul Wesley) decides to save his brother from going down the destructive path and discovers a shocking secret in the process involving someone close to them.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'The Originals' Episode 15 'Le Grand Guignol' Spoilers: Mikael is Coming! Actor Sebastian Roché Shares Message and Photo on Twitter
Willie Garson: 'White Collar' Actor Tweets About Cast Still Waiting on USA Network's Decision For Season 6
Spoiler Alert: This feature contains major spoilers on "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 14 "No Exit." Enzo (Michael Malarkey) declared in the previous episode that Damon's thirst for vampire blood instead of human blood will be a problem but chose to help his buddy with this vampire feeding issues. "I don't abandon my friends," Enzo told Damon.
Katherine in Elena's body (Nina Dobrev) enjoys her time with Stefan as they study history together but her moment got cut off when Caroline (Candice Accola) rang the doorbell. The blonde vampire brought Stefan some information on Damon's whereabouts.
Then, Caroline received a phone call from Tyler (Michael Trevino) sounding worried about his best friend Matt (Zach Roerig) who has not been home in days. Dr Wes Maxfield (Rick Cosnett) tracked down Enzo and Damon, his "Patient Zero" in the home of their victim with the help of the Travellers trapping the "Denzo" murder buddies inside.
Stefan and Elena/Katherine went on a road trip to find and save Damon but Katherine keeps on doing things to delay their plan and have Stefan to herself like taking out an engine plug from Stefan's car and putting grease on her shirt and face so they can check in a nearby motel to clean up. Caroline and Tyler had an awkward meet up to talk about what happened to Matt but their good friend showed up with Nadia (Olga Fonda) who keeps on compelling him.
Realizing that it is not a good idea to be trapped with Damon, Enzo chained up Damon and contacted Stefan for help. Katherine, who has been cooking up ways to seduce Stefan, answered Stefan's phone and asked Enzo the address on where to find Damon.
Dr Maxfield shows up again, shooting Enzo at the shoulder, to test Damon's behaviour while they are still trapped in the house. Another scene showed that Katherine and Stefan are not the only ones having a "canoodling" moment.
Nadia and Matt initially talked about something that they had in common: mother issues. Then, the two started to canoodle with Matt taking Nadia's phone to send a text message but he got busted with only the words "Help. K" sent. The Traveller compelled Matt again saying that he will forget everything that has happened.
Nadia was about to leave but Caroline stood at the doorway to confront the Traveller. As the fight between the two turn nasty, Tyler arrived at the Lockwood mansion to save Caroline and bit Nadia on the arm.
Stefan and Elena/Katherine arrive at the house to save Damon and they have succeeded despite Katherine's plan of offering herself to the "Ripper" Damon to make Stefan choose who to save: Damon or "Elena."
The ending scenes showed Katherine meeting with her daughter, Nadia, who delivered the bad news to mommy dearest about the werewolf bite that she got from hybrid Tyler and best friends Stefan and Caroline discussing about the time that Stefan spent with "Elena" during his mission to rescue Damon.
"She's acting strange," Stefan stated. As Caroline and Stefan put the pieces of the puzzle together starting with the strange text message that she got from Matt, they figured out what Katherine did with the Traveller's spell and the person inside Elena's body, pretending to be Elena, is none other than the Petrova doppelganger.
Find out what happens next in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 when the favorite TV series return with Episode 15 titled "Gone Girl" on Thursday night, March 6, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Who is Going To Kill The Elusive Katherine Pierce? Watch Promo Video For Upcoming Episode 15 Titled 'Gone Girl' - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Executive Producer Caroline Dries Confirms Elena Will Return, Storyline Becomes 'Katherine vs Our Heroes' - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Caroline Interrupts Katherine's Moment with Stefan, Watch Sneak Peek Video For Episode 14 'No Exit' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales